Rating the coaches in Rutherford County

2priceless

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Everybody forgets that Eagleville is in Rutherford Co. Eagleville has the best record of all Rutherford Co. teams at 18-2. I know we are in 1a ball but 18-2 is pretty darn good. Coach Joey Reed is doing a great job. We did beat a very good 2a team in Page H.S. 15-5 and one of the top teams in their district. I do agree that King is one of the best coaches in Middle Tn. but I want to give some recognition to Coach Reed and the Eagles. They are a lot of fun to watch, pressure defense and run and gun. The three pt shot is a common thing at Eagleville. Good job Coach Reed.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i remember correctly, King had the "siegel boys" but couldnt put up with them. His loss, he would have a ring last year without a doubt if they wouldnt have left because he kicked them off. They wouldnt have played for King anyways, I mean bought into his system. Harris is able to put up with everything they bring and still win games. That says a lot about him, I think. King didnt want them, but Harris did and now he is winning with them.

The reason they left Oakland was because King wouldn't put Oden straight to varsity like is dad wanted him to be. Oden sr. said if he didn't put him on varsity that he would take him and everybody else somewhere else which he did, straigh to siegel. Once at siegel Harris didn't let the boys do everything they wanted to so big daddy oden told him to let the boys run what they want or he will once again take them somewhere else, Coach Harris, fearing he might lose his preciuos team agreed. So was it wrong for King not to start Jimmy on varsity as a freshmen just so he wouldn't leave, no he did what he thought was needed and if that meant he left that was his decision and i'm sure king could care less. this shows another reason why he is the best coach, he runs his team, his team doesn't run him. :thumb:

The reason they left Oakland was because King wouldn't put Oden straight to varsity like is dad wanted him to be. Oden sr. said if he didn't put him on varsity that he would take him and everybody else somewhere else which he did, straigh to siegel. Once at siegel Harris didn't let the boys do everything they wanted to so big daddy oden told him to let the boys run what they want or he will once again take them somewhere else, Coach Harris, fearing he might lose his preciuos team agreed. So was it wrong for King not to start Jimmy on varsity as a freshmen just so he wouldn't leave, no he did what he thought was needed and if that meant he left that was his decision and i'm sure king could care less. this shows another reason why he is the best coach, he runs his team, his team doesn't run him. :thumb:

u kno what after seein how jimmy is it would seem like he would be like that..plus wasnt Roe Murray the startin point guard when jimmy was a freshman? may be wrong though..but i dont think jimmy was good enough to start over roe

Of all the threads on this fine board of ours, this has to be the dumbest. The ONLY people that have to rate the coaches of our county are, in order of importance, 1.school principal 2. school a.d. 3. players in the program 4. parents of the players,but only to decide whether or not to let their child play for that coach(and once they do they should get behind that coach thick or thin) 5. the coach him or her self. No one else's opinion even matters (obvious exception would be our school board). Whoever the moderator is of this forum do your job and keep this forum what it was intended to be - a place to talk UP the kids of this great county regardless of what school they go to. And since this county hasn't had a boys basketball state champion since 1965 maybe it isn't the coaches maybe, just maybe, some of the responsibility lies in the players themselves.

Of all the threads on this fine board of ours, this has to be the dumbest. The ONLY people that have to rate the coaches of our county are, in order of importance, 1.school principal 2. school a.d. 3. players in the program 4. parents of the players,but only to decide whether or not to let their child play for that coach(and once they do they should get behind that coach thick or thin) 5. the coach him or her self. No one else's opinion even matters (obvious exception would be our school board). Whoever the moderator is of this forum do your job and keep this forum what it was intended to be - a place to talk UP the kids of this great county regardless of what school they go to. And since this county hasn't had a boys basketball state champion since 1965 maybe it isn't the coaches maybe, just maybe, some of the responsibility lies in the players themselves.

ya your opinion really matters you know all 30 post you have and the Jimmy thing is not true in any way

Guest dare_2_dream

The reason they left Oakland was because King wouldn't put Oden straight to varsity like is dad wanted him to be. Oden sr. said if he didn't put him on varsity that he would take him and everybody else somewhere else which he did, straigh to siegel. Once at siegel Harris didn't let the boys do everything they wanted to so big daddy oden told him to let the boys run what they want or he will once again take them somewhere else, Coach Harris, fearing he might lose his preciuos team agreed. So was it wrong for King not to start Jimmy on varsity as a freshmen just so he wouldn't leave, no he did what he thought was needed and if that meant he left that was his decision and i'm sure king could care less. this shows another reason why he is the best coach, he runs his team, his team doesn't run him. :P

So your meaning to tell me that losing Jimmy Oden was good for Oakland? Its like I said earlier, if King would have held on to Oden and Ramsey, which meant Roper would have stayed too, they win state last year hands down. King did what he did, and Harris took what he had and made due. Harris does let a lot slide, trust me I speak from experience, but at the same time ... state final four last year in on the second year of existence, not too shabby for some of "kings rejects".