Rating the coaches in Rutherford County

2priceless

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Guest dare_2_dream

this is an intresting thread: No i wasnt the one who voted for Burks although i think he is a great guy I find it hard that anyone can not vote for coach King his record speaks for itself just like Rankins record speaks for itself. He clearly gets the MOST out of his talent! I really like him too he is a great guy also. I will have to disagree about turnham getting a raw deal at Riverdale he had talnet and would not even take them on the team the year after he left we went to sub state now i have heard that after he left and had a kid that it has helped him develop along with his experience at the colleges so maybe he has improved since he has left As far as coach Harris i do think he is a good coach I do not think he is the best yet he has SOOOO much talent that it would be hard to judge him however he has gotten them to improve as the year has gone on

Harris has had talent the last 3 years, there is no denying that. But he has also came up with some incredible game plans, to put his teams in positions to win close games. He has a very nice defensive gameplan each night, he is very defensive minded. I want to see what he does without the "loads of talent", so he can prove himself as a great coach.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harris has had talent the last 3 years, there is no denying that. But he has also came up with some incredible game plans, to put his teams in positions to win close games. He has a very nice defensive gameplan each night, he is very defensive minded. I want to see what he does without the "loads of talent", so he can prove himself as a great coach.

Did you read the last line where i said that his team improves as the year goes on that means he coaches them well when a team imporves the coach is doing the job for example Riverdale thus far hasnt improved and in many peoples eyes they are UNDER achieveing that falls under the coach your team is imprving and getting better that also falls under the coach I also said he is a good coach i do want to see how he does with less talent but it wont change my opinion of him being a good coach

Guest dare_2_dream

Did you read the last line where i said that his team improves as the year goes on that means he coaches them well when a team imporves the coach is doing the job for example Riverdale thus far hasnt improved and in many peoples eyes they are UNDER achieveing that falls under the coach your team is imprving and getting better that also falls under the coach I also said he is a good coach i do want to see how he does with less talent but it wont change my opinion of him being a good coach

As a former player of Harris, I want to him to be able to show he can coach teams without tremendous talent and have success. A lot of people say that the players win for Harris, while this might have some truth to it, Harris is still the coach. Harris has to deal with a lot of off the court issues, trust me from experience, as do all coaches. Harris has a lot of egos to deal with too, has to try to make everyone "happy".

Source? Who is asking for a source? Here you go into making this into a battle....when it isn't. He was the one who said last yr's OHS team was more talented in his opinion.

But here is the thing.....he hasn't played against this OHS team to be an accurate judge of truth be told.

d2d knows how much I respect his opinion anyway. It doesn't mean that I can't question what he says tho. GEEZ...yall quit being so dang sensitive.

sensitive? :P

just made a simple statement that's all...wasn't trying to stir anything up I don't know where you're getting that

Guest dare_2_dream

Source? Who is asking for a source? Here you go into making this into a battle....when it isn't. He was the one who said last yr's OHS team was more talented in his opinion.

But here is the thing.....he hasn't played against this OHS team to be an accurate judge of truth be told.

d2d knows how much I respect his opinion anyway. It doesn't mean that I can't question what he says tho. GEEZ...yall quit being so dang sensitive.

ah we have to argue to keep things interesting and pass time, cant always get agree now can we?

King

Harris

Turnham

Wortman

Mooney

Blackman Middle Head Coach

Central Middle Head Coach

Siegel Middle Head Coach

Burks

King Proven winner

Turnham doing more with less

Hibdon seemed to do more coaching than Harris last year

Harris Still waiting to see what he does without talent

I dont know the rest so I cant pass judgement unless I can rank the middle school coaches also

Those who did not vote for Wortman as one of the top coaches in Rutherford County do not know a lot about basketball.

Top coaches in order:

1. King

2. Wortman

3. Turnham

Sorry, Siegel. As much as I like your team, Harris doesn't get on this list. If King, Wortman or Turnham were coaching, they would be undefeated this year. Too much talent to lose against the teams they have lost to. Also, they should be beating teams by a lot more than they do.

Those who did not vote for Wortman as one of the top coaches in Rutherford County do not know a lot about basketball.

Top coaches in order:

1. King

2. Wortman

3. Turnham

Sorry, Siegel. As much as I like your team, Harris doesn't get on this list. If King, Wortman or Turnham were coaching, they would be undefeated this year. Too much talent to lose against the teams they have lost to. Also, they should be beating teams by a lot more than they do.

?? :lol:

First of all...I understand Harris not being on your list, he hasn't had a chance to prove anything yet because he inherited so much talent...BUT

Siegel has only lost three games this year...all to very good teams. The only losses they've had were by very few points, their record is 22-3. Combine that with a brutal schedule (games @ White's Creek, Hunter's Lane, tournaments including one @ Panama) and they have won all of these but 3. AND the last few wins Siegel has had were by at least 20 points.

Guest dare_2_dream

If King had the siegel boys he would be able to demolish everybody. King is hands down the best. 2P is right about Burks, how do you have all that talent, possibly the most in the district, and lose so much.

If i remember correctly, King had the "siegel boys" but couldnt put up with them. His loss, he would have a ring last year without a doubt if they wouldnt have left because he kicked them off. They wouldnt have played for King anyways, I mean bought into his system. Harris is able to put up with everything they bring and still win games. That says a lot about him, I think. King didnt want them, but Harris did and now he is winning with them.

Its more like the Siegel boys had an easy out in Siegel and they knew it, a lot of days during spring practice you could tell just in the way they practiced they didnt expect to be there long. King can handle almost any player, so I doubt its that he couldnt handle them, probably moreso the other way around, although I will admit that King is not a easy coach to play for at times, but is really any coach?

Anyways onto my Rankings:

1. Randy King/Oakland- Is there really any doubt? The numbers speak for themselves as Ive told you guys many times. I can see Harris challenging King for this spot in a few years as I feel Oakland and Siegel will be the 2 predominant programs in not only 7-aaa, but in Rutherford County.

2. Chris Harris/Siegel- Any coach that can win at Holloway is good enough in my opinion. Harris is a huge part of MT basketball history as he was part of that 1982 team that upset UK in the 1st round. Granted he has inherited some great talent, but hes building a very solid foundation that will make Siegel much more than just a great 2 year program

3. Barry Wortman/LaVergne- Has made LaVergne one of the top teams in 9-aaa year in and year out and has made LaVergne a force to be dealt with throughout the state with the success they have in the last 5 years. Seems to be able to develop big men pretty well as Theryn Hudson had almost no experience playing basketball when he came to LaVergne.

4. Kyle Turnham/Blackman- Is a coach that can make you a solid program, but never really has been able to hit it big. He wasnt full of talent at Riverdale, but certainly enough where he could have been successful. Has done a commendable job with Blackman this year as I think its safe to say that nobody expect Blackman to be in 4th place in this district.

5. Brandon Burks/Riverdale- Starting to become of the opinion that Burks is the type of coach to get Riverdale to a certain level before handing the baton to somebody else who could make Riverdale a great program. Nobody has underachieved more than Burks

6. Billy Mooney- Even with the great talent he had in Warner and Sage, Mooney found a way to screw it up, and when the talent isnt there, seasons like they are having right now happen