1/31 White House at DCA

timbdp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worden55 "rooster"?

absoultely correct sir, I heard the final was 12......

I did not realize the game was at home for D.C.A. guess they didnt need the bus....congrats to D.C.A. another of the non-respected A teams that had to move up and everyone thought they couldn't compete in AA play....well everyone you are mistaken What are they 20 and 2? Dont think they have lost to any single A teams like some of the bigtime (loretto) AA teams.

"rooster no, rooster blood brother", I knew DCA is for real, I have wondered why no one was talking about them. They are fun to watch! :thumb:

6,140 posts and that is the best you can come up with?

The district and regional tournaments should be interesting. Here is another point to ponder about DCA. They are so good that they can give players away. A friend of mine told me that one of Ezell-Hardings best players was at DCA and couldn't get off the bench. She transferred to Ezell, sat out a year and is now one of their starters and top contributers. DCA must be good and deep. I look forward to watching them.

The district and regional tournaments should be interesting. Here is another point to ponder about DCA. They are so good that they can give players away. A friend of mine told me that one of Ezell-Hardings best players was at DCA and couldn't get off the bench. She transferred to Ezell, sat out a year and is now one of their starters and top contributers. DCA must be good and deep. I look forward to watching them.

Mt Juliet players Pigue and Christopher also came from DCA. I also heard that two girls from last year's eighth grade team (in addition to Christopher) went elsewhere this year. Not sure of their names.

Sounds like a trend.

Good enough to give away players.....

The young lady you state "couldn't get off the bench" would be Megan McClellan. She was told she would not get to play at D.C.A. and she left, she has a cousin who is at Ezell,so she went there. She is actually the 4th best player on Ezell's girls team behind Sr. All everything Tara Deathridge, Sr. Center Julie Lackey, and super tallented sophmore Leah McCallaster. It was just bad judgement by the coaches at D.C.A. who sent her packing. With Megan they would Have made it to the State last year and could have won. But, please dont suggest that D.C.A. is developing some great tallant pool. Megan has worked over the past two summers in AAU and Hooptown as well as on her own with her dad. I could not believe it when I saw her two years ago at Hooptown playing against the SR. girl from Antioch that signed at Auburn. She matched her basket for basket. She has great ball handling skills, a very good shot and has a tough determined attitude, she will have a breakout year as a Senior and people will wonder where she has come from. Megan Not only could get off the bench at D.C.A. she would be sharing the title of best player with Hester..

D.C.A. is not as good as you think....let alone good enough to give away players...that is funny

I don't think they are deep, but they have a very good starting 5, after that I think it goes down hill. Now as far as players leaving, I have no knowledge why. This is just my observation of what they have now. Jessica Christopher is talented enough to make the Mt. Juliet Varsity team, and get playing time. DCA is talented enough though, to challenge for the state. After this year it could get lean.

timbmp, no disrespect, the foul count was 9 to 3 in the first half in favor of White House. In the second half, it was 9 to 6 in favor of DCA. Only because White House was down late, and they had to foul. Also, what does bmp stand for? Just curious.

Why are we talking about players that left on a DCA, White House thread? Since we are, I have an opinion.

To Shpshter93, Megan was a freshman when she was at DCA in 2003 and she got to play some in varsity. Why would any good basketball coach tell a player after a freshman year that played some in varsity, that "they can't play here."? "It was just bad judgement by DCA coaches" you say. Neither you or I know all the facts, because we weren't there. You are falsely accusing the DCA coach and/or Megan.

I do agree with you she could've helped DCA last year, but I disagree with you with the fact that she would be the best player with Kortni Hester this year. She would play a lot this year at DCA, but I don't see her starting over those four seniors and one sophomore this year. They are pretty solid mentally and physically.

Everyting happens for a reason. DCA fans hope Megan and her parents are happy with where they are at. That's all that matters.

timbmp, no disrespect, the foul count was 9 to 3 in the first half in favor of White House. In the second half, it was 9 to 6 in favor of DCA. Only because White House was down late, and they had to foul. Also, what does bmp stand for? Just curious.

Why are we talking about players that left on a DCA, White House thread? Since we are, I have an opinion.

To Shpshter93, Megan was a freshman when she was at DCA in 2003 and she got to play some in varsity. Why would any good basketball coach tell a player after a freshman year that played some in varsity, that "they can't play here."? "It was just bad judgement by DCA coaches" you say. Neither you or I know all the facts, because we weren't there. You are falsely accusing the DCA coach and/or Megan.

I do agree with you she could've helped DCA last year, but I disagree with you with the fact that she would be the best player with Kortni Hester this year. She would play a lot this year at DCA, but I don't see her starting over those four seniors and one sophomore this year. They are pretty solid mentally and physically.

Everyting happens for a reason. DCA fans hope Megan and her parents are happy with where they are at. That's all that matters.

well I would not accusing Megan of anything....

sorry sent that reply early...I was responding to the person who felt that dca was supplying all this tallent to the area schools. I am sure both teams and all their players are happy with what their teams have accomplished, especially since they were supposed to have it tough moving to AA.