Kevin Smithson of Temple

HoopsterPlaya

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought everyone wanted him. He's better than BJ Coleman.

I needed a good laugh. There is no way that he is better than BJ. I don't really know why anyone would want a QB that doesn't beat a single quality opponent in his entire high school career. Numbers don't mean much when you play teams with 25 students in the entire school.

I needed a good laugh. There is no way that he is better than BJ. I don't really know why anyone would want a QB that doesn't beat a single quality opponent in his entire high school career. Numbers don't mean much when you play teams with 25 students in the entire school.

yeah -- real funny.

You obviously have no clue about the talents Smithson has as a QB.

I know of at least one college that has offered him a scholarship, but I'm not sure if he will take it. It's still early in the game -- so hopefully he will get some other offers in the days to come. It would be a shame if someone doesn't pick him up, because he is a good kid and has great ability as a player.

I am a coach at a school that has played Temple two times and both times we never stoped Temple. We did just like S. Pitt, and Trousdale, we put up a lot of points to beat them. The kid can be a starter in a couple of years at any DI AA school that runs a pro style offense. I agree that he is not a better all around QB than BJ, but Smithison is probably the better passer, he is not going to beat you on the ground like BJ can.

I am a coach at a school that has played Temple two times and both times we never stoped Temple. We did just like S. Pitt, and Trousdale, we put up a lot of points to beat them. The kid can be a starter in a couple of years at any DI AA school that runs a pro style offense. I agree that he is not a better all around QB than BJ, but Smithison is probably the better passer, he is not going to beat you on the ground like BJ can.

Man, I was with you all the way until the "probably the better passer" line. Are you serious? Have you seen BJ?

Anyway, I hope Smithson does go somewhere and has a great career. He's not in BJ's league, however, though few who have come out of here are. I really don't mean that as a knock of KS.

Man, I was with you all the way until the "probably the better passer" line. Are you serious? Have you seen BJ?

Anyway, I hope Smithson does go somewhere and has a great career. He's not in BJ's league, however, though few who have come out of here are. I really don't mean that as a knock of KS.

You may be right after reading todays paper. I will just say this, he is the best I have coached against. Would like to see the Coleman kid play though. I have always liked the McCallie program they have there.

You may be right after reading todays paper. I will just say this, he is the best I have coached against. Would like to see the Coleman kid play though. I have always liked the McCallie program they have there.

Smithson is a good high school QB who I hope plays somewhere. BJ could be very special and as one reporter told me yesterday "Already the best to come out of this area in 30 years."

• 4 months later...

I just got the news that Kevin Smithson (Tn. Temple) has signed to play QB at Charleston Southern University in South Carolina. Charleston Southern is in the Big South Conference. CSU is a I-AA school. They were 7-4 last season and won the Big South Championship game.

Congratulations Kevin and I hope things go well for you at CSU.

http://csusports.athleticsite.com/sport.asp?sportID=6

Look he could throw and run for 8,000,000,000,000 yards and I still would not care. These small private schools around here are a joke and everyone knows it. He might get signed on somewhere, but the fact is, when u play against GRACE, you are gonna put up big numbers, plain and simple. The only decent athlete to come out of this area from a school like that was the oldest skogan. He was a stud basketball player. But even still, he wasnt all he was cracked up to be b/c of his inflated numbers. This kid is gonna fall flat on his face if he gets signed. Temple is on the same level as many good 8th grade squads i have watched.

Look he could throw and run for 8,000,000,000,000 yards and I still would not care. These small private schools around here are a joke and everyone knows it. He might get signed on somewhere, but the fact is, when u play against GRACE, you are gonna put up big numbers, plain and simple. The only decent athlete to come out of this area from a school like that was the oldest skogan. He was a stud basketball player. But even still, he wasnt all he was cracked up to be b/c of his inflated numbers. This kid is gonna fall flat on his face if he gets signed. Temple is on the same level as many good 8th grade squads i have watched.

You must've been one of the players from Grace?