powell 58 central 60b

PowellFan

No......he is not a bad coach BC2. Just because someone wants to hold kids accountable and TRY to teach them something outside of sports, that does not equate to bad coaching.

I'll take a coach who will only win 10 games a year that produces young men to be proud of.....versus 20 wins and bad horseback riders :)

Please don't get BC started. He loves to bash Coach Lambert.....if they win, it's the kids overcoming the coaching...if they lose, it's the coach's fault.....it's old hat.....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay thats cool, i wasnt sure if that was him or not it could have been his cousin ray that i saw, not sure i was on the other side of the court just asking glad it wasnt him

Ive had this lovely cold throat thing for a week so i guess i see how he could be sick

i hope he is better for halls

No......he is not a bad coach BC2. Just because someone wants to hold kids accountable and TRY to teach them something outside of sports, that does not equate to bad coaching.

I'll take a coach who will only win 10 games a year that produces young men to be proud of.....versus 20 wins and bad horseback riders :wacko:

If he is not a bad Coach how do explain the fact with the talent they have they have so little success. Central has more talent than Halls wil win 20 games this year and i guarantee you Webster is developing fine young men as well. Yopu can have a succesful program and at the same time teach character. Maybe thats what they do in practice everyday. Sit in a cirlce and talk about their feelings and values. I sure wouldn't admit to practiceing basketball because if they are they are poorly coached and taught. As far as me blameing Lambert. he blamed himself in the paper. He said he was the reason the team lost games.

If he is good at guiding young men he needs to be a guidance counselor. He certainly is a sad excuse for a basketball coach. Ask the folks in Jeff. Co. and/or Morristown that ran him off.

As far as your backhanded comment toward Powell they want win 20 games either. The horse riding took place during football not on Ogans watch. By the way he wins and teaches good character as well.

Jody wright wins big and he teaches character. Blevins at Bearden wins and teaches character. Teaching character doesn't give you an excuse to be a BAD basketball coach which Lambert is! :blink:

I would careful saying Blevins teaches character. I don't think Kyle Cruze, who currently plays at Holy Cross, would say that Belveins teaches character. Blevins runs a "STAR" system, who is blessed with enourmous talent. I think we need to keep things in right prespective.

Cruze is a quitter. He quit on his team the day before the district tournament. I'm glad he is playing ball at Holy Cross, but what he did is almost unforgivable. No matter how bad you hate your coach, how can you desert your teammates like that?

As for JD, he is a good man AND a good coach, and he made good adjustments during the game against Powell, including running a box and one on Chris Conner for most of the fourth quarter, which is when Central took control of the game. He also beat Powell without Ben Williamson playing. It did not help that Powell's tool bag of an assistant coach (Hawkins) got a technical foul either.

Cruze is a quitter. He quit on his team the day before the district tournament. I'm glad he is playing ball at Holy Cross, but what he did is almost unforgivable. No matter how bad you hate your coach, how can you desert your teammates like that?

As for JD, he is a good man AND a good coach, and he made good adjustments during the game against Powell, including running a box and one on Chris Conner for most of the fourth quarter, which is when Central took control of the game. He also beat Powell without Ben Williamson playing. It did not help that Powell's tool bag of an assistant coach (Hawkins) got a technical foul either.

Agree Cruz deserted his teammates. Agree Lambert is a good person. Disagree he is a good Coach. One game doesn't make him a good Coach. Also Powell was without Lee Smith. His record speaks for itself. The assistant Coach for Powell getting a T is unforegiveable. I bet he was looking for a hole to craw in.

I would careful saying Blevins teaches character. I don't think Kyle Cruze, who currently plays at Holy Cross, would say that Belveins teaches character. Blevins runs a "STAR" system, who is blessed with enourmous talent. I think we need to keep things in right prespective.

The deal with Kyle Cruze was the culmination of 2 years worth of problems. I agree it was handled poorly by Kyle BUT if you would talk to him and hear his side of the story you would without a doubt have a different opinion of Coach Blevins. If it was all about teaching/building character, why would he tell Kyle's younger brother at tryouts to not even bother? There is no question that he puts out a quality product but alot of his players hate him by the time they leave. Can you say EGO?

I won't debate the good man part since I really don't know Coach Lambert at all. BUT, I would certainly question good coach. I'm obviously not a Central, Powell or Halls fan so I won't address alot of the character comments. I've seen Central play numerous times and have coached several of their players in AAU. He is certainly underachieving when you look at the talent he has had for the past few years. His players have been very poorly prepared from a fundamental standpoint and from a TEAM point of view. It is unconceivable to me how you can have the talent of the last few years and stay near the bottom of the district. They have had 4 players score over 25 points in a game this year so it's not like the cupboard is bare with no talent. One win against Powell without their key player hardly constitutes a good coach!

I won't debate the good man part since I really don't know Coach Lambert at all. BUT, I would certainly question good coach. I'm obviously not a Central, Powell or Halls fan so I won't address alot of the character comments. I've seen Central play numerous times and have coached several of their players in AAU. He is certainly underachieving when you look at the talent he has had for the past few years. His players have been very poorly prepared from a fundamental standpoint and from a TEAM point of view. It is unconceivable to me how you can have the talent of the last few years and stay near the bottom of the district. They have had 4 players score over 25 points in a game this year so it's not like the cupboard is bare with no talent. One win against Powell without their key player hardly constitutes a good coach!

IrishBBall,

I'm taking over a solid AAU program in Lenoir City called Wendy's Elite. We had two really good tournaments last year and will also have a playday and a tournament this year. If you are interested in entering your teams please contact me via e-mail at twilliams@lenoircityschools.com.

IrishBBall,

I'm taking over a solid AAU program in Lenoir City called Wendy's Elite. We had two really good tournaments last year and will also have a playday and a tournament this year. If you are interested in entering your teams please contact me via e-mail at twilliams@lenoircityschools.com.

Thanks for the info. My son's team has played in your tournament for the past 2 years and we have found it to be a good local tournament.