Hows the Middle school Tournament in Wartburg Shakin out now?

duke1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: Ask yourself that question again. Sure, its possible that Robbins can beat Oneida, but I'd say the odds are not in their favor. The tournament, with the exception of a horribly placed Christian Academy (girls) at #2, has pretty much fell in most instances like most people expected. Robbins boys are pretty good in several spots, but they don't have the depth that Oneida brings to this match-up. Oneida 47

Robbins 32

Kaz, can you give me a rundown of the bottom half of both brackets? We have the top half, but we don't know the Tuesday winners. We're planning on broadcasting from there Thursday and Saturday radio and TV, and we'd like to know who we're gonna have.

Girls semis

Coalfield vs. Fairview

Jellico vs. Petros Joyner

Boys semis

Robbins vs. Oneida

Campbell Co. Christian vs. Huntsville

The bottom half of the girls bracket is Jellico vs. Petros, as the #7 Lady Devils out played a vastly over rated Christian Academy. Petros proved to have the Lady Indians number this year as they were able to handle that club all three times they met. If your a betting man, the smart choice here is Petros. Oneida handled Jellico by easy margins this year, and I doubt the Lady Patriots are going to be very warm hosts!

I believe Christian Academy boys were able to hold off a fiesty bunch from Winfield. The Bobcats played admireable from the #10 spot, but just fell short. In the other game, I'm not sure of the outcome, but Oakdale was leading in that one after one quarter of play. Huntsville has a pretty good club, so I'm sure they made a game of it. I do not know who won it, though.

Kazzy's Tournament Picks will come down at the Tournaments Conclusion so you might want to check in at this site from time to time.

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

Edited by kazam37

Thanks paint. Top 3 move on to Caton's Chapel, right? Getting my stuff together, look like I'll need 3 rosters, P-J, Coalfield girls, and CACC boys. Can anybody help there?

Yes top three go. PJ girls should roll. Coalfield Fairview girls will be a good game. I would expect Coalfield to come out with a close win though. Huntsville boys and Oneida boys should meet in the championship.

The top three don't go to Catons. The winner goes to Catons with the other two having a chance in substate games. I personally like Pee Jays seedings, that bunch from Christian Academy (girls) were not close to a 2 seed. Any team from 9 up could have and probably would have beaten them. They played more like an 11 seed. Way to go PJ tourney organizers (and don't give me some wash about the coaches voting on it only 5 voted).

The top three don't go to Catons. The winner goes to Catons with the other two having a chance in substate games. I personally like Pee Jays seedings, that bunch from Christian Academy (girls) were not close to a 2 seed. Any team from 9 up could have and probably would have beaten them. They played more like an 11 seed. Way to go PJ tourney organizers (and don't give me some wash about the coaches voting on it only 5 voted).

Your right bigdave I meant to say they advance to play the other area. Thanks for correcting me. True about the way the seedings worked out. But the 3 top teams are still left (IMO). So they'll move on and have a chance to play to get to Catons.

Hows the tourny goin in wartburg, And can Robbins Beat Oneida in the Semis?

Robbins might be able to top Oneida, but they have to bring their best game and it would still be close.

Huntsville had a slow start, but got it going in the second half holding oakdale to just 3 pts. Huntsville can thank the play of # 3 who keep them in the game until the rest showed up, which they did.

Championship

Oneida vs Huntsville unless an upset happens

:blink:

I'm from PJ and the way the bracket was organizes was Overall Wins or Winning Percentage. CACC had apperently won alot of games or lied idk? Petros has a few girls that play I can give you a rough hand roster

10 Chelsea Landrum

12 Lauren Bunch

23 Destiney Massengale

Other 2 starters are Krystal Fountain and Daneilla Elsea not sure on there #'s.