Cumberland County High School

SPLITBACK

Will CCHS lose a lot of the student body to the new school ? What about there athletes, will they stay or go ? Is the new high school going to hurt Cumberland County High School as far as athletics ?

[/quo

Cumberland County won't be like a lot of places that open new high schools. The athletes are NOT going to be able to jump back and forth or even choose the school they attend. Strict zoning is to be enforced. The only students with an option as to which school they will attend is suppose to be the seniors that are zoned for Stone Memorial. They have the choice to finish at CCHS. All the other students are to attend the school for which they are zoned. Which may not be the high school that is fed by the elementary school they attended. Because elementary school zoning is not enforced.

I can't speak for any program except football. That is the only sport that the coaches have been officially announced for. I know that there seems to be a lot of excitment around the new coaches. I think we will see a lot of students that haven't played in the last year or so coming back out. I think the seniors that are have been playing will stay at CCHS. Stone Memorial is suppose to play a JV schedule the first year it opens. I feel sure that the seniors will want to play a varsity schedule.

I think athletics will be fine in Cumberland County. Sometimes change is good!!

I think it will hurt the sports like football,baseball,maybe girls softball.Its kinda like

a easter egg hunt .if i have had lets say sixty eggs,and iam the only one hunting them then i probably will get them all.But now i got this new brother or sister and

have the same amount of eggs.Get the picture.I do think that more kids will come

out but not as many as u might think.more kids will play the none contact sports.

Football is too rough of sport for most kids today.Thats why u see the numbers down

Iam for both schools i hope they do great.But i think its going to take 5 or 6 years

to get over the split in fooball and Baseball

• 6 months later...