What's your plans for the Super Bowl?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

Just wanted to see what anybody had planned for Super Bowl XL. Anybody doing anything exciting or what?

I'm probably going to the grannys house and watching it on the HUGE hi-def TV. Always some good eating over there too.

Guest dare_2_dream

im goin to sports page in columbia and watchin the game on the movie screen...yea its like 20 feet tall....you dont miss anything...plus the food and service is great...if youre near columbia come on down its gonna be a blast :D

if im in columbia ... be sure to save me a seat ... sounds like a good time and a nice place to watch a game ...

Guest catfish-hunter

Hooter's wings, sexy waitresses, and of course lots of alcoholic beverages ;)

I should not forget the part about a designated driver before I get myself into too much T-R-O-U-B-L-E :D

rollredroll, I've been there and feel your pain. Numerous SB parties where it's all about the wives yacking or not having a clue what's going on-drives me crazy when you've got one there that would say something like "Seahawks? What's a seahawk, that's a dumb name. Is that really a bird? I don't think thats a real bird, is it? You know, that reminds me of the time that so and so. . ."- all the while the referee is explaining the ruling on a controversial replay, so you can't hear.

Dog, since you are EXPECTED to bring something to the party, make what you want to eat, bring your own beverage, stake out a position on the couch and DO NOT MOVE-even if you have to go to the can-man up and hold it. By halftime your wife will be bored so you can go home (plus you can use the work excuse as "I have an early meeting"), get in your gym trunks, get real comfortable, eat your own food, and relax.

Good luck! ;)

rollredroll, I've been there and feel your pain. Numerous SB parties where it's all about the wives yacking or not having a clue what's going on-drives me crazy when you've got one there that would say something like "Seahawks? What's a seahawk, that's a dumb name. Is that really a bird? I don't think thats a real bird, is it? You know, that reminds me of the time that so and so. . ."- all the while the referee is explaining the ruling on a controversial replay, so you can't hear.

Dog, since you are EXPECTED to bring something to the party, make what you want to eat, bring your own beverage, stake out a position on the couch and DO NOT MOVE-even if you have to go to the can-man up and hold it. By halftime your wife will be bored so you can go home (plus you can use the work excuse as "I have an early meeting"), get in your gym trunks, get real comfortable, eat your own food, and relax.

Good luck! :D

I hear ya. I'm probably sandbagging a bit...the guys seek out our area of the house and the girls are pretty much out of sight, out of mind, so it's not terribly bad. But, I do actually enjoy the game for the game's sake, yet even some of the guys (who are more acquaintances than good buds in this group) choose to strike up conversations, making it hard to watch and listen.

Further complicating my angst is that, after the Titans' appearance in the Super Bowl in 2000, all others have paled in comparison, and without them there, it's just not as riveting. I was a huge Bengals fans before the Titans arrival, but those hopes were quashed early in the playoffs this year.

Oh well, a couple of early "soda pops" will probably cure most ills this Sunday. ;)

What I am supposed to do - Chaperone the youth Super Bowl party at church.

What I am goign to do - Drive down to Lewisburg to watch the game at one of my best friend's from high school's house.

I'm actually not a fan of Super Bowl parties, much like red, I like to watch the game too much. I can't stand people without a clue try to tell me what is going on. Yes, I am a sports elitist dang it, and proud of it. ;)

If one or two guys come over to watch a game, I have no problem. Anything larger than that gives me a headache. I am one of those that have to hear every detail. Anyone talking when the game is going distracts me too much. It creates more stress than I can usually take so when I go to the games at peoples houses, I usually just relent the fact that I am there to socialize and not to watch the game. You can usually pick up the good stuff on the replays, that's when the house erupts after a good play and then they ALL want to see the replay. That's about the mindset I have at those things.

Preferrably, I would rather watch a good game by myself or with one other friend. ;)

If one or two guys come over to watch a game, I have no problem. Anything larger than that gives me a headache. I am one of those that have to hear every detail. Anyone talking when the game is going distracts me too much. It creates more stress than I can usually take so when I go to the games at peoples houses, I usually just relent the fact that I am there to socialize and not to watch the game. You can usually pick up the good stuff on the replays, that's when the house erupts after a good play and then they ALL want to see the replay. That's about the mindset I have at those things.

Preferrably, I would rather watch a good game by myself or with one other friend.

Bravo!, A kindred spirit! I don't mind eating and greeting with everyone prior to the game, but once it's on, I would vastly prefer to sit down by myself or one other person, break the game down as it's going on, comments held to only dead periods, absolutely no stupid, non-essential questions until halftime. My wonderful wife is great at this- maybe someday she'll expand her repertoire to include the rest of my TV viewing or radio listening life. <_<