Jackson County

beethoven

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Grant Swallows got the job.

If that's true Jackson Co. has them a fine young man and coach. He was instrumental in the Wildcats success last year. I look for an exciting style of offense for the Blue Devils. Hopefully he can get some help with several coaches and volunteers as well. Give Grant a chance and get behind him and Jackson Co. will have them a team the community will be proud of.

I was at the Jackson County/Livingston baseball game on Thursday night and talked to Grant and he said that he had been offered the job and was very seriously considering it. I believe from just talking to him that more supplements for coaches was a big thing in getting him down there. I think he was supposed to tell them something on Friday. I haven't heard anything since then but from an Upper Cumberland football fan I sure hope that he takes the job. Someone let us know what is going on.

The new coach is a gentlemen out of N.C. His name is Brint Russell. I believe he will bring an enthusiastic approach to our football program, I have talked to him a few times and he is a firm believer in defense and holding on to the ball. I think Jackson County made a good choice for our program.

Congratulations to Brint... I too think he will do a great job at Jackson County. You good old boys in the that neck of the woods need to give him a warm welcome! Give him time and he will make you proud! :thumb:

Edited by ELA

It's about time! We needed someone who would come in here and shake things up. I hope the community will support this man and let him do his job. I hope the baseball and basketball players will play football this year. We need all of the boys in uniform on Friday nights. I hope we can get a big crowd out that first game to whip Clay County. Lets all get behind this new coach and give him our support.

Some body told me he was from South Carolina? Is that right?

Edited by bluedevil2002

It's about time! We needed someone who would come in here and shake things up. I hope the community will support this man and let him do his job. I hope the baseball and basketball players will play football this year. We need all of the boys in uniform on Friday nights. I hope we can get a big crowd out that first game to whip Clay County. Lets all get behind this new coach and give him our support.

Some body told me he was from South Carolina? Is that right?

He's from North Carolina. Hopefully more boys will come out this year. He has told me that he will get in contact with every boy in the school one way or another. So if more kids don't come out it won't be because of lack of trying by the Coach. So everyone get behind Coach Russell and welcome him to our community. Good luck to the Blue Devils and Coach Russell.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to the new coach. I wish him the the best though I am sticking to the fact that someone got rid of the best coach Jackson County has ever had. I'm speaking of Coach Thaxton. Hopefully this new guy will have better support than Thaxton. The community needs to get behind the program and coach with some money to update the facilities so the student athletes can have some pride in their program.

Speaking of Coach Thaxton, I wonder if the baseball coach at Jackson County is next to be booted. From what I have seen and read the baseball team is getting hammered by the same teams that was beating the football team. So tell me please again is it poor coaches or as I posted before a lack of talent. Just curious. I have no dog in the fight other than Coach Thaxton is one h-ll of a coach and even a better person that was the scapegoat for a poor situation.

Good luck to Coach Russell and hang in there Jay. :thumb: