In the West

tricklician

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What team will be the best this year 2006 ?

Milan,Covington,Ripley,Lexington,USJ,Dyer County,Halls,Huntingdon,JCS,South Side, Liberty,Henry County,McKenzie

If I left you team out let us all know about it.

In AA ball I'll go out on a limb and say Dyer County will make alot of noise and in A ball I'll say it going to hard to beat JCS, Hall or Huntingdon.

From what I've seen of Huntingdon, it won't be hard for any decent boys team to beat them. What do they have? I heard all the rumors a bout a kid throwing mid to upper 80's. When I saw him pitch it looked like he couldn't have broken the windsheild of a moving car, and the scouting report on him should have been two fungos and a hat!

I agree about Hardin Co. in 3A

Milan, Lextington,Covington,Ripley, Dyer Co. but not USJ my reason will be that they won't be able to save their pitching like they did in class A ball. Nelson and Gant will have to pitch on only a couple of days rest or alot of younger guy will have to step up against stronger teams.. something USJ hasn't had to do in the past.

Halls,McKenzie,Dresden,Union City,Huntingdon,JCS in class A in the WEST.

Not USJ? Dyer will have his pitching lined up. There aren't any world beaters in 2-A anyway. Sounds like you are rooting against USJ. I'd take them over Lex, Covington, or Ripley with their no. 3 or 4 today! Nelson and Gant will be rested enough. Who else has a 1,2 punch to even match up?

Edited by wes_c_addle

From what I've seen of Huntingdon, it won't be hard for any decent boys team to beat them. What do they have? I heard all the rumors a bout a kid throwing mid to upper 80's. When I saw him pitch it looked like he couldn't have broken the windsheild of a moving car, and the scouting report on him should have been two fungos and a hat!

I don't know which pitcher you saw last year from Huntingdon but they will have the same pitching staff that they had last year that won 22 games and made it to the sub-state. So I would say that if they are any stronger this year maybe they will be able to at least crack the window on a pass by.

Not USJ? Dyer will have his pitching lined up. There aren't any world beaters in 2-A anyway. Sounds like you are rooting against USJ. I'd take them over Lex, Covington, or Ripley with their no. 3 or 4 today! Nelson and Gant will be rested enough. Who else has a 1,2 punch to even match up?

i believe milan has a 1,2 punch like usj.. with the dominating and overpowering pitching of john white and then with chris white i think milan could give them a run

The best team in single A baseball in west tennessee is going to be Mckenzie. They were very good last year in AA and have eight returning seniors. There pitching is deep and lineup has a good mixture of power, contact, and speed.

from playin mckenzie last year i can only name two players that stood out Drew Hayes and Bo Brown.. other than that that's the only two players that i know from that team..so i guess they've made some big improvements..

I don't know which pitcher you saw last year from Huntingdon but they will have the same pitching staff that they had last year that won 22 games and made it to the sub-state. So I would say that if they are any stronger this year maybe they will be able to at least crack the window on a pass by.

I saw Huntingdon in a 3 game series last year, and I didn't see one guy who threw harder than 78 mph. No one I saw showed any command at all. With the offensive output they showed they'll need Clemens', Pettite, and Oswalt.

i believe milan has a 1,2 punch like usj.. with the dominating and overpowering pitching of john white and then with chris white i think milan could give them a run

Wrong again! I guess you've never seen Nelson or the other kid pitch. I wouldn't put either one of the White's in their class. I wouldn't even call the little one a pitcher. More like a 1,2 thump!

Wrong again! I guess you've never seen Nelson or the other kid pitch. I wouldn't put either one of the White's in their class. I wouldn't even call the little one a pitcher. More like a 1,2 thump!

I guess you've never seen J White pitch either..he is definately a top 5 pitcher in west tn..i guess we'll find out this year in region when they both square off against each other..J White bringin the gasssssss