Oakland Baseball 2006

MidTennFootball

Just bought my student season pass today .. I'm ready for the season. :blink:

Don't know too much about Baseball but I'll try and contribute as much as possible to this forum.

Just come to the games and have a good time! Great to see students supporting the program.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm back. I've been reviewing films of POW's using a morse code (by blinking) to relay information. I think i've developed a completely non-verbal system of signal calling based on what I have studied.

From the records book at the Davidson County Penial League, cc called a perfect game back in 2004. His catcher was quoted as saying that cc and his signs were difficult to read but cc was unafraid to throw the scratch ball and would go to the picking pitch at any count. cc was quoted as saying "he was more focused on his rash and allergies than calling the game, but the results were good"?

Monday is the season opener...Gray vs. Barnes...very excited

whichever team works the count to the pen will win this ball game. gotta fight fight fight and have good at bats. maybe a couple runs will be manufactured against barnes and gray, but whichever team works one of the two out of the ball game will produce the winning runs against the pen. good luck to both teams. i'm sure it'll be a nail biter.

Too much Oakland talk. They will not dominate this district.

:lol: Maybe because this is an Oakland thread ;) . Expectations are always high at Oakland, and Oakland has the talent in place to do some good things, but its unknown whether they will do so this year. Pull up a post where Oakland folks have been saying we will dominate the district?

Good reply OaklandGrad...it is the Oakland thread and I would hope there is excitement and anticipation. And you made a vaild point about dominating. I have not seen anyone say The Patriots will dominate. All I (we) can hope for is they play the best baseball they can. Doesn't mean they will win the district or anything. I have been around for a few years and I am optimistic...but not unrealistic. I know the pitching is light years ahead of where we normally are. I know the hitting is coming around sooner. I also know we are young with only 1 senior and our pitching staff is untested in big district games. I "think" we will be fine...but the yankees don't win every game, every world series...but at this time of the year The Yankees and The Devil Rays are tied for 1st!

The "I love me" pills will be here next year; spearheaded by me! And by the way, the PAts won over Mt. Juliet 23-10 with 4 homeruns and Barnes dominatiing on the mound and Burnett throwing well against a good Mt. Juliet team! Sorry, swallowed one of those pills I guess :thumb:

Seems like Burnett had a great game last night..I hope the Pats keep the bats going all through the year..Good job Oakland

Agreed...3 hits, 2 homeruns, 5 RBIs and the winning pitcher. Tyler threw well, just left his change up a little high a few times and, Mt. Juliet, being the good hitters they are, hit them. Cotham mashed one over center for Mt. Juliet and Parsleys homerun was opposite field..which you have to love!