Oakland Baseball 2006

MidTennFootball

Have been looking forward to this series all season, even more so than the Riverdale series. Derrin Rogers and Colby Killian against Marcus Barnes and Brett Wilson. I wouldnt be suprised If ill be able to count the number of runs on one hand in this series, every managerial decision will be scruitinized and every baserunner among the utmost importance

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been looking forward to this series all season, even more so than the Riverdale series. Derrin Rogers and Colby Killian against Marcus Barnes and Brett Wilson. I wouldnt be suprised If ill be able to count the number of runs on one hand in this series, every managerial decision will be scruitinized and every baserunner among the utmost importance

Good luck

why doesnt burnett start any more for yall has brett outpitched him and how now beocme the number 2?

I believe the plan was to always have Brett as #2 so Tyler wouldnt have to put as much strain on his throwing shoulder/arm, which he has had problems with in the past. I dont think anyone imagined that it would work as well as it has though

Tennyson Dodd is Chip Dodd's son, Phils nephew.

Brett Wilson and Tyler Burnett both have pitched very well. Pitching Tyler changes the complexion of your defense though...significantly. I don't think the defense falls off all that much, but going from 1st base to 3rd base once a week could cause problems for most high school players. The ball bounces differently, your throwing across the field etc. Wilson has earned the 2or 3 spot as well as Tyler is needed in the infield..to be at our best. Burnett pitched a dominating game against White County, but I like the consistency of the same defense with Tyler at 3rd (or short).

Thats my opinion :thumb:

As the season begins to wind down, it appears that Riverdale will win the regular season District Championship. They have a 2 game lead with 6 games to go. Riverdale plays White Co (they will sweep), Blackman (they should sweep) and Cookeville (a split at best). They will not lose 3 games. Oakland controls there own destiny though. We have a solid 2nd place which would be a 2nd seed in the tournament. We have a 2 game lead against the 3rd place teams. We need to sweep 2 of the 3 reamining district series, which will be a tough task; Warren County, siegel, and Lebanon, to control our own destiny. There will be help along the way with the Riverdale/Blackman series and the Riverdale/Cookeville series.

If I recall, to advance beyond the district you have to win the regular season or the tournament. Therefore, we will need to win the tournament OR lose it to Riverdale to advance. I say all that to say this. At one point this team was 7-9 and not hitiing very well. In the current 8 game winning streak, our pitching has given up 13 runs (9 earned) and over half of those runs went to White County. Oakland controls it's own destiny. A 2 seed in the tournament would be a huge advantage as long as we keep pitching the way we are and if the sticks are still being swung the way they have been the last 7 games.

There is a lot of baseball left to play and this district is tough! The Remaing 1 1/2 weeks should be interesting.

Thanks. I`ve met Chip once a long time ago. I went to MTSU with Phil and John Dodd (Tennyson`s uncles). I knew Phil was still in Murfreesboro. I forgot they had another brother Chip.

Phil owns a transmission shop off of old samsonite blvd his daughter is the first baseman for the softball team and can knock hit the ball very well