Oakland Baseball 2006

MidTennFootball

You have doen such a great job with it, wasn't much need for me. I am no pitching expert, but "I" think Wilson will take a lot of stress of Burnett and I believe Rigler will too! Morrow from the left side could give coach an inning of solid relief to get to Stender. And also Renfroe, if he gets back to last summer form, could really help this team. Renfroe beat some good teams last summer. Of course, they are untested and time will tell but it makes 2007 very promising for the Pats! I need them to step up for 2006 though:)

No fun if i cant have someone to tag with to beat off all these Siegel stragglers :thumb: . Ive heard where Rigler has been impressive in spots but didnt feel comfortable enough reaching out there and saying he has the potential to be a starter. No doubt Oakland has depth that will serve them well in years to come, but its largely untested at this point, but if it comes through, Oakland is going to be very tough to beat for the next 2 seasons

Edited by OaklandGrad

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, what will the OHS lineup look like when your other catchers elgible and fann will be at 1st?

IMO, it will be:

cf: Polk

ss: Burnett/McGowan when Burnett is pitching

rf: Barnes/McGowan when Barnes is pitching

1b: Fann/If Fisher can handle the duties (I believe he can)

3b: Dodd/McGowan when Dodd pitching

lf: Warren

2b: Parsley: McConnell when Parsely is pitching

DH: McGowan/Wright when McGowan is playing or pitching

c: Fisher

Pitchers: District Games- Barnes, Burnett, Wilson- Stender closing

Non-district Games- Parsly, Renfroe, Rigler, Dodd- Morrow closing

Again, "I" think he has looked awesome in the infield. Real smooth and sure handed. I think he has looked as good as anyone in the infield in fact. His speed and arm will allow him to play outfield, and his is athletic enough (and right handed) so he can pull off the multiple position deal. Again, Coach will have his own ideas, but this is the feel I am getting at practice.

IMO, it will be:

cf: Polk

ss: Burnett/McGowan when Burnett is pitching

rf: Barnes/McGowan when Barnes is pitching

1b: Fann/If Fisher can handle the duties (I believe he can)

3b: Dodd/McGowan when Dodd pitching

lf: Warren

2b: Parsley: McConnell when Parsely is pitching

DH: McGowan/Wright when McGowan is playing or pitching

c: Fisher

Pitchers: District Games- Barnes, Burnett, Wilson- Stender closing

Non-district Games- Parsly, Renfroe, Rigler, Dodd- Morrow closing

wow mcgowan is mr. utility

Although Oakland lost their scrimmage yesterday, I was told about some positives, particually from our pitching. At this point, improving every time out takes priority over winning the games. It looks nice and spiffy when you have a good preseason record, but it really doesnt do anything for you in terms of getting ready for the season unless the team improved in the areas that needed improving

Although Oakland lost their scrimmage yesterday, I was told about some positives, particually from our pitching. At this point, improving every time out takes priority over winning the games. It looks nice and spiffy when you have a good preseason record, but it really doesnt do anything for you in terms of getting ready for the season unless the team improved in the areas that needed improving

I agree we are winning our scrimmages but we are using a different pitcher every inning and lots of hitters but the score doesnt really matter it is what is going on during the game who is missing signs who is gettingt he hit with runners in scoreing position who is making the defensive plays and just getting it done onthe feild you cant win the state in febuary but you can start to put your team in position to win it

Did yall scrimmage tullahoma yesterday how are they looking are they still pretty tough in pitching?