D1 Preseason Predictions

palmetto6

ok, then, the rest of the McCallie commnunity and myself have to be curious what IS mus going to do to make the utterance of a mccallie victory so ludicrous? Maybe you'll graduate 8 some starters from the 2 time state runner up team, compared to mccallie graduating 4 starters from a 2 time state championship team. your confidence begs me to ask for you to indulge us on your apparently foolproof plans.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of the McCallie community realizes that they have a very good team and an excellent opportunity to win another State Championship. But I also think that they know that anything can happen between now and then and crazy, unpredictable things happen in the championship. I think only a select few think that McCallie is just going to walk all over their opponent in a game as important as the State Championship when so much preparation has been put in by both teams and all players realize what is at stake and what they are playing for. That is why most championship games in any sport are not blowouts but close, exciting games that usually come down to the wire. I just don't see a no-contest win by anyone in May and I think predicting one is rather silly. Oh, and by the way, at the risk of sounding hypocritical, my earlier post was not a prediction, but just a sarcastic remark directed to the michigan mauler, still the coolest guy ever.

Edited by franchi$e98

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall need to calm yourselves. First, because the person who made the prediction about McCallie winning by 8 isnt even a student at mccallie. Therefore, it is not our team who thinks that we are going to win by a large amount but others also. Second, you are right Dr. Franchise, crazy things do happen, and because of that, we should all just meet at Swanson road, have ourselves some punch and my moms chocolate chip cookies (maybe even some milk if my allowance can afford it!!), build a nice big fire, gaze at Gods creation, and sing Kumbaya (not sure on the spelling). We are all friends, not enemies. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! I would like to talk longer but i have to go learn Kumbaya on the guitar. Peace Out!!

Edited by StraightUpLaxin

First let me start things of with apologizing for the comments made by lax08 and #22 because obviously the are young kids on our team. But even though we did graduate gibson from our team does not mean we are screwed. I actually feel alot more confident about our team now that we dont rely on just one person anymore. the main question of our team is goalie, and jason daniel is doing a pretty good job adjusting, but rainer left some huge shoes to fill. and remember may is along time away and anything can happen such as injuries and what not. see you in may fellas

Edited by rtn32488

Well im no lax afficionado, but it appears that younger players are filling this forum with trash talk that will do nothing but add fuel to fires of their opponents. As you might not know, I am a fan of MUS, there is no denying that, but any prediction of winning by more than a couple of goals really is quite ridiculous. 8-9 goals? i hope that was sarcasm. But anyways, i'm really looking forward to seeing these two teams face off in the post season. Does McCallie and MUS play each other during the regular season, or do we have to wait until the very end?

you've got to forgive people for that assumption. I mean, MUS has played in 8 of the last 9 state championship games...

Not trying to take away from MUS's experience and tradition, but I just didn't know that being in 8 of the past 9 meant you got a free ticket to the 10th.. looks like your assuming that its going to be a walk in the park..