how is the imac conference looking this year?

fplayer83

Jefferson County re-loads in the 2006 season with above average talent at every position. But pitching will be the key issue for the Pats, determining whether they will make a run at the state playoffs of merely finish in the middle of the IMAC. Story can compete on the mound against the best the state has to offer, and Crouch will carry the offense on his back. Morristown West is back as a force to be reckoned with, returning Bridgewater, Hazelwood, Enix, Bacon, Wild, and a few others who took center stage as the stars of last year's team. Morristown East took a major blow losing their biggest offensive weapon, in Basile, but still return a few solid hitters along with an intelligent and very effective ace, Marshall. Greeneville took essentially a knock-out blow with all the players they lost last year. They still could compete somehwat, but it's a 3-team race. I'm labeling Jefferson County as once again the fornt-runner because they simply have the best line-up and the best hurler.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jefferson County re-loads in the 2006 season with above average talent at every position. But pitching will be the key issue for the Pats, determining whether they will make a run at the state playoffs of merely finish in the middle of the IMAC. Story can compete on the mound against the best the state has to offer, and Crouch will carry the offense on his back. Morristown West is back as a force to be reckoned with, returning Bridgewater, Hazelwood, Enix, Bacon, Wild, and a few others who took center stage as the stars of last year's team. Morristown East took a major blow losing their biggest offensive weapon, in Basile, but still return a few solid hitters along with an intelligent and very effective ace, Marshall. Greeneville took essentially a knock-out blow with all the players they lost last year. They still could compete somehwat, but it's a 3-team race. I'm labeling Jefferson County as once again the fornt-runner because they simply have the best line-up and the best hurler.

Some people question as to whether JCHS can "reload". Seeing as they have won the district three years in a row, I think they have answered that question each year. I think some folks will be surprised by the quality of some of the JCHS first year starters even if they are seniors who have been patiently waiting. I am not saying this team will be as explosive as last year's team (it may well be); I'm just saying that they have the horses to be in the race and their championship tradition will give them an edge over M'town West.

Some people question as to whether JCHS can "reload". Seeing as they have won the district three years in a row, I think they have answered that question each year. I think some folks will be surprised by the quality of some of the JCHS first year starters even if they are seniors who have been patiently waiting. I am not saying this team will be as explosive as last year's team (it may well be); I'm just saying that they have the horses to be in the race and their championship tradition will give them an edge over M'town West.

I don't think Jeff has the pitching to win the IMAC this year. Other than Story, who do they have that has any varsity experience? I know EJ has some heat, but has no control. Joey Belcher pitched on JV some last year. Ben Taylor used to pitch, but I don't know if he still does or not...this will be a learning year for Jeff. They lost alot of players that carried the team last year. Varsity will have many new faces this year that will have to step up and prove themself.

Jeff has not won the conference the last 3 years. They have won the conference tournament. Greeneville has won the regular season crown. I know that the tourney matters most, but get the facts straight.

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM

I don't think Jeff has the pitching to win the IMAC this year. Other than Story, who do they have that has any varsity experience? I know EJ has some heat, but has no control. Joey Belcher pitched on JV some last year. Ben Taylor used to pitch, but I don't know if he still does or not...this will be a learning year for Jeff. They lost alot of players that carried the team last year. Varsity will have many new faces this year that will have to step up and prove themself.

Jeff has not won the conference the last 3 years. They have won the conference tournament. Greeneville has won the regular season crown. I know that the tourney matters most, but get the facts straight.

I'm sorry, I meant the district tournment though JCHS won both last year. Pitching will be the issue--I admit that. Ben still pitches and had some strong relief outings last year that will give him starter experience this year. Not sure about EJ--he always reminds me of a story I once heard about a guy who could through a baseball through a brick wall, if he could hit the wall. Joey Belcher will be a solid starter this year as long as he doesn't try to overpower people. That gives JCHS three starters (with Story) who I expect to do well. I believe the surprise fourth starter may be Crouch. The kid is a competitor and will win ball games on sheer will and fortitude. Of course, it weakens the defense if he pitches because he won't be out there roamin' the gaps and throwin' out Greeneville runners at the plate. :blink: Seriously, I'm not sure how the rotation will come out beyond the first three, though I have heard that Crouch is throwing some. Beyond that, I guess the Pats will have to pray for rain. I do know that when these seniors were sophs, they all played JV because of the amount of upper class talent JCHS had and they only lost one game--somebody had to be pitching then.

umm i would agree with u on the jeff county part but the east and west i would have to disagree. west is more than likely the lazist team in the conference and if u would let me know who they have that can pitch. bridgewater? i dont think so, as for east yeah we lost kent but one player doesnt mean anythign yeah he was a good player but one player doesnt carey a team.as for leadership i believe the jr class has taken care of that. theres prob going to be only 3 seniors to start this year and thats shaw, elkins and marshall and marshall only pitches and pretty good if u ask me.as for the jrs. morgan,mosier,ramsey are back and there are some sophmores back including tyler collins who came in and pitched pretty dang good for a freshmen so i believe u need to think about what u say about east this year.

what about greenville murner is gone and he would have been yalls ace and the only of pitcher u have is lil cutshaw and another kid not sure of hes name. so what about greenville

hahahaha ok just because west doesnt run three miles a day doesnt mean they dont work hard maybe they work at some fundamentals of baseball! And as for having one pitcher in brdigewater, they also have griffin back who is going to be a good pitcher like he was as a sophomore and east has no pitchin and marshall isnt that great and east has no other pitchers besides collins so tell me who all is going to pitch for them??

hahahaha ok just because west doesnt run three miles a day doesnt mean they dont work hard maybe they work at some fundamentals of baseball! And as for having one pitcher in brdigewater, they also have griffin back who is going to be a good pitcher like he was as a sophomore and east has no pitchin and marshall isnt that great and east has no other pitchers besides collins so tell me who all is going to pitch for them??

east doesnt have anything but some poeple think they will be in the TOP of the conference. they will win games though but it will be between west greeneville and jeff. even a blind squirel finds a nut every once in a while.....

last year was a co-championship shared with Greeneville though!

I'm sorry, I meant the district tournment though JCHS won both last year. Pitching will be the issue--I admit that. Ben still pitches and had some strong relief outings last year that will give him starter experience this year. Not sure about EJ--he always reminds me of a story I once heard about a guy who could through a baseball through a brick wall, if he could hit the wall. Joey Belcher will be a solid starter this year as long as he doesn't try to overpower people. That gives JCHS three starters (with Story) who I expect to do well. I believe the surprise fourth starter may be Crouch. The kid is a competitor and will win ball games on sheer will and fortitude. Of course, it weakens the defense if he pitches because he won't be out there roamin' the gaps and throwin' out Greeneville runners at the plate. :thumb: Seriously, I'm not sure how the rotation will come out beyond the first three, though I have heard that Crouch is throwing some. Beyond that, I guess the Pats will have to pray for rain. I do know that when these seniors were sophs, they all played JV because of the amount of upper class talent JCHS had and they only lost one game--somebody had to be pitching then.

I don't know who you've been talking to but I've never heard of Dallas pitching. Have you seen his arm slot?? Jeff will have pitching. Nick Sherrod will be the surprise of the conference, offensively and defensively and the kid can pitch. Why would you take Dallas out of CF, ever? "If it's not broke, don't fix it." Jeff. will have the personnel. It's just a matter of whether or not they can mature quickly enough.

I don't know who you've been talking to but I've never heard of Dallas pitching. Have you seen his arm slot?? Jeff will have pitching. Nick Sherrod will be the surprise of the conference, offensively and defensively and the kid can pitch. Why would you take Dallas out of CF, ever? "If it's not broke, don't fix it." Jeff. will have the personnel. It's just a matter of whether or not they can mature quickly enough.

Sherrod talks a good game--we'll see if he can play one. I think Belcher will have a greater first time impact for the team. He showed more power and a better overall batting approach and was a better pitcher for JV last year. BTW, since when does "arm slot" make a huge difference in hs ball? If you can control your pitches, hit your spots, vary your velocity without changing arm speed, you'll be succesful at the hs level. Certainly Crouch's future isn't in pitching, but I've heard he has great control. As far as leaving him in CF, why not put Sherrod there if Crouch does throw?

Sherrod talks a good game--we'll see if he can play one. I think Belcher will have a greater first time impact for the team. He showed more power and a better overall batting approach and was a better pitcher for JV last year. BTW, since when does "arm slot" make a huge difference in hs ball? If you can control your pitches, hit your spots, vary your velocity without changing arm speed, you'll be succesful at the hs level. Certainly Crouch's future isn't in pitching, but I've heard he has great control. As far as leaving him in CF, why not put Sherrod there if Crouch does throw?

i played with belcher over the summer he has a great stroke and can be a great pitcher but he can get frustrated on the mound. heck have to keep a level head on the hill. thats his only problem

i played with belcher over the summer he has a great stroke and can be a great pitcher but he can get frustrated on the mound. heck have to keep a level head on the hill. thats his only problem

That is true about Joey..he has good velocity and a good curveball, but if he gets upset over anything, he has a hard time keeping his composure. I have seen Joey play summer ball the last 3 years, and he has the stroke to hit a few out of the park on any given night, especially on an inside pitch. I am anxious to see how he handles the pressure of varsity play.

Who is going to be the starting catcher at Jeff this year? Kory Miller has the talent, but I don't know if someone else has more senority than him.

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM