red060

MBA versus CBHS at the Big Mike Duals (12/21/05): MBA 52, CBHS 15

103: Alsobrook (CBHS) beat Francis (MBA) 3-5

112: Sutter (MBA) pinned Carney (CBHS)

119: MBA forfeited to CBHS

125: Todd (MBA) beat Perry (CBHS) 4-1

130: Bellet (MBA) beat Pass (CBHS) 12-6

135: Herron (MBA) pinned Bonilla (CBHS)

140: McKeithan (MBA) pinned Hefferman (CBHS)

145: Bellet (MBA) beat Jennings (CBHS) 13-3

152: Williams (CBHS) beat Hall (MBA) 5-4

160: Holliday (CBHS) beat Snyder (MBA) 7-3

171: Tate (MBA) pinned Haaga (CBHS)

189: Jacques (MBA) pinned Feltus (CBHS)

215: Bartholomew (MBA) pinned Robertson (CBHS)

275: Riley (MBA) pinned Lyons (CBHS)

* Although MBA wrestled a back-up at 215 and gave CBHS a forfeit at 119, the Big Red still won 10 of the 14 matches

MBA versus CBHS at the DII State Duals (12/4/06): MBA 43, CBHS 22

103: Francis (MBA) beat Alsobrook (CBHS) 4-2

112: Sutter (MBA) pinned Carney (CBHS)

119: Simpson (MBA) pinned Carney (CBHS)

125: Todd (MBA) pinned Perry (CBHS)

130: Bellet (MBA) pinned Crislip (CBHS)

135: Bonilla (CBHS) beat Herron (MBA) 3-11

140: Baucke (CBHS) pinned Nutkis (MBA)

145: Hall (MBA) pinned Jennings (CBHS)

152: Williams (CBHS) beat Waddey (MBA) 2-7

160: Snyder (MBA) beat Holliday 6-4

171: Tate (MBA) pinned Haaga (CBHS)

189: Herbert (MBA) beat Prestigiacomo (CBHS) 9-7

215: Swett (MBA) beat Robertson (CBHS) 15-6

275: Lyons (CBHS) beat Bartholomew (MBA) 10-5

* Although MBA wrestled back-ups at 140, 189, and 275, the Big Red, once again, won 10 of the 14 matches

MBA destroyed CBHS for the second time in a month, but if you read the CBHS coach's comments in The Commercial Appeal yesterday, you would have thought Saturday's match between the Purple Wave and the Big Red was a real barn burner rather than a good, ole fashioned beat-down.

From The Commercial Appeal...

Montgomery Bell Academy ended the Purple Wave's run with a 43-22 defeat in the Division 2 consolation semifinals. "We wrestled a team like Father Ryan earlier in the year and won, this time we just didn't get the breaks (over MBA)," Christian Brothers coach Chris Lewis said. "We had a (MBA) kid on their backs a couple of times and we didn't get the fall call. If we get a pin we win.

Welcome to the PURPLE HAZE SPIN ZONE - the cold hard truth is that CBHS could not carry MBA's jock!

Edited by red060

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a misquote and it is obvious you read the text. That statement was about the Father Ryan match, not the MBA match. The reporter applied it to the wrong match.

I was just a surprised as you when I read the Commercial Appeal.

Good Luck to ya'll at the state tournament.

Chris Lewis

CBHS

That was a misquote and it is obvious you read the text. That statement was about the Father Ryan match, not the MBA match. The reporter applied it to the wrong match.

I was just a surprised as you when I read the Commercial Appeal.

Good Luck to ya'll at the state tournament.

Chris Lewis

CBHS

Fine response to an unnecessary/unkind post. :thumb:

Fine response to an unecessary/unkind post.

There was nothing unnecessary or unkind about my previous post. I felt that it was necessary to set the record straight and I do not think that it is unkind to state a point and support it with hard facts.

If Coach Lewis was indeed misquoted, I hope that he has learned to be more careful when dealing with the Memphis press in the future. As he now knows, MBA fans also reside on the left side!

As for you Sommers, I am glad that I provided you with an opportunity to continue to demonstrate that you are the undisputed MOB (Most Outstanding Bloviater) in Tennessee.

There was nothing unnecessary or unkind about my previous post. I felt that it was necessary to set the record straight and I do not think that it is unkind to state a point and support it with hard facts.

If Coach Lewis was indeed misquoted, I hope that he has learned to be more careful when dealing with the Memphis press in the future. As he now knows, MBA fans also reside on the left side!

As for you Sommers, I am glad that I provided you with an opportunity to continue to demonstrate that you are the undisputed MOB (Most Outstanding Bloviater) in Tennessee.

This has to make Frank S. proud.

I believe that it was also unneccessary and unkind. Frank Simpson has an outstanding team this year, everyone knows that. No need to say CBHS can't "hold their jock." MBA won convincingly would be more appropriate and I believe Coach Simpson would like you to articulate your words more befitting of an MBA fan.

"articulate your words more befitting of an MBA fan"

It will have to be in Latin then:

"Ne adferus Christi fratertulus vestitum clunum ab grandum puniceum."

Translation: The Christian brother cannot carry the butt clothes of the big red.

Thats as close as I could get to "jock strap".

Edited by stovepipe

Translation: The Christian brother cannot carry the butt clothes of the big red.

I rarely laugh out loud when browsing this site, but that one is a classic.

"Butt clothes". Man, that's just too funny. ;)

WOW That is great. You are very funny stovepipe. I have saved that quote on my desktop and will be using it sometime in my life.