best sophmores

crackerjack10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethan Starr - McMinn Central, really fundamental and great accurate pitcher, he can hit his spots like nothing and has range in the field.

Tanner Quirk - McMinn County, really good pitcher and can kill the ball when he has his head on right

yeah, i know alot bout Ethan, he is pretty good, and really accurate pitcher having played with him in the past in summer ball, but lets just hope he can perform in the big DIstrict games this year(POLK, MEIGS)

Edited by Central_Charger

While spending some time coaching varies ages in rec ball and travel ball over the past 15 yrs. I have a great love and interest in players from all over the area. Having also seen East Robertson play the last couple of years and noticed a couple of good players on that team I am hesitant to comment here but just curious about this post. Do i understand you to say that the Clinard kid has been clocked in the high 80's as a freshman ? If that is in fact accurate he is very talented at such a young age. Not many if any kids I have ever seen can throw it in the high 80's much less be affective or consistant at age 14-15. If your numbers are true then East Robertson has a gem of a kid on their hands and I am sure we will all be hearing about him very soon this spring. However, its hard to believe he can throw at that speed with any real consistancy at all but then again I could be wrong. It is just pretty rare you find any kid in high school that can maintain speeds in the high 80's much less one that is 14-15 yrs old. Just a thought here.

Just a thought here also! my post stated mid to high 80s. In fall ball before his freshman season, Clinard was clocked throwing 83-84 mph. That is mid 80s. If he hasn't gotten any better then he is still throwing in the mid 80s, but knowing that he has gotten better, I would venture to say that he will be hitting somewhere around 87 mph this year! Oh, and by the way I have been around baseball a while also and have seen many good athletes and I would venture to say he is the best I have been around ----- as a Freshman last year!

This is amazing..I haven't seen the name Sonny Gray, yet..

He is without a doubt THE best sophomore in TN and atleast in the top 25 sophomors in the country.. he has to be..

This kid is hitting 91 as a freshman? his ERA for his freshman year was like 0.00 for almost half the season? Not to mention he can jack em' over the fence like its easy...

I went to his house this weekend and this guy is already getting letters from...not colleges...MLB teams....not to mention a Yankee letter, along with the Pirates, Braves, etc.

This is amazing..I haven't seen the name Sonny Gray, yet..

He is without a doubt THE best sophomore in TN and atleast in the top 25 sophomors in the country.. he has to be..

This kid is hitting 91 as a freshman? his ERA for his freshman year was like 0.00 for almost half the season? Not to mention he can jack em' over the fence like its easy...

I went to his house this weekend and this guy is already getting letters from...not colleges...MLB teams....not to mention a Yankee letter, along with the Pirates, Braves, etc.

wow that's awesome... but i find that somewhat hard to believe

wow that's awesome... but i find that somewhat hard to believe

Nope, I believe it. (Also couldn't believe he hadn't been mentioned yet either...)

Saw him last year when he was hurt and relegated to left field. Wasn't that impressed until I saw his line drive throw to home. Several of us watching whispered the same expletive at the same time. The throw was VERY impressive.

Hope the kid has a great season, even if we DO have to play 'em....

Just a thought here also! my post stated mid to high 80s. In fall ball before his freshman season, Clinard was clocked throwing 83-84 mph. That is mid 80s. If he hasn't gotten any better then he is still throwing in the mid 80s, but knowing that he has gotten better, I would venture to say that he will be hitting somewhere around 87 mph this year! Oh, and by the way I have been around baseball a while also and have seen many good athletes and I would venture to say he is the best I have been around ----- as a Freshman last year!

Not trying to argue here just statiing that its rare you find a 14-15 yr old kid throwing consistantly in the mid to high 80's, thats all. This kid might be the real thing, hopefully he is but I'm just saying I didn't remember him dominating anyone last year in District play or at tournament time. I am sure there are kids that throw in mid to high 80's around ...as matter of fact I watched David Price as a 15 yr old doing it in travel ball and dominate teams with the Sabres. But that is rare to find ....that is all i am saying. Especially at the age of 14-15 and throwing in the mid to high 80's with control. But if he is in fact throwing that well this year as a sophomore then I am certain teams in the district will have trouble with him. We will look forward to the challenge of facing him.