DB Host Science Hill

ArtVandalay

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time a post player for Science Hill does something "bad" in coaches terms, he gets pulled out. Nick Crowder shot an open three, missed it, but how do you expect him to make a three pointer knowing that he will just get pulled out if he shoots it. It wasn't like he even had a man on him. Wes Lauderback shot a 15 footer against Brentwood Academy and gets jerked out b/c he missed the shot. That's a lot of pressure! Between having to make the shot so you won't get pulled out, and making the shot with Brandon Wright guarding you. The only reason that DB's post players did good, as you say, was because the second string post players came in and played every time the starting post players made a mistake. David Alexander could not and can not handle DB's post players offensively or defencively. He was out rebounded and could not box them out. Coach also played Chris Smith, a freshman, with under two minutes left in the fourth quarter. Chris is a good player, but does not deserve to play in the fourth quarter on the Varsity squad, if he should even be on the Varsity squad. He gets beat on Defense and has proved nothing to me offensively.

The refs also made a horrible call on Omar. His fifth foul was BULL CRAP and everyone who saw it knows that. I don't know how you can say that Science Hill is a one man team because of that. His shot would have cut DB's lead down to one over the Toppers, but instead, he gets his fifth foul, the shot does not count(leaving the Hill down by 3), and coach talks to the ref and gets a technical called on him. Kenny Cutlip had every right to scream at the ref, if he even screamed at him. He didn't even say anything bad or scream! He was just questioning the call, like he had every right to do. The technical put DB up by 4 and then gave them the ball back. That play right there practically gave the game to DB. Four crucial free throws were missed by Michael Forney and Wes Lauderback, but even without those, Science would have come back if it wasn't for the refs giving Omar his fifth foul. They may would have won it, but they would of atleast had a better chance then their best shooter fouling out, falling three points behind instead of one, and a gay technical that gave DB a four point lead. The refs can't just give the game away like that.

The Toppers came out under-estimating their opponet. After beating a team by 41, you don't usually think about them coming back and beating you. When DB played at Science Hill, DB was dead and the Toppers were shooting 72%!

how can you say anything about the refs, you do remember the sullivan east b.s. call at end of that game.

2-8-2006-12-04-25-AM-5924432.jpg Im pretty dang sure this is Omars so called "fifth foul" because i remember it being under the goal and against mr Bronson flack. Correct me if I am wrong, but otherwise, Probably the worst call ive seen in a LONG time. ¿verdad?

You are wrong...... Omar had the ball when he got his fifth foul. He was spinning and some other guy that wasnt even near him tripped over his own foot and fell down .... thats bs to me.

I do admit that the indians played their hearts out and are played 100% better than they in the first match up. I thought the toppers effort was horrible and probably did deserve to lose.

I also think db's post have come a long way from the first match up but they arnt better than sh's post players.

You are wrong...... Omar had the ball when he got his fifth foul. He was spinning and some other guy that wasnt even near him tripped over his own foot and fell down .... thats bs to me.

I do admit that the indians played their hearts out and are played 100% better than they in the first match up. I thought the toppers effort was horrible and probably did deserve to lose.

I also think db's post have come a long way from the first match up but they arnt better than sh's post players.

They foul you were referring to as "tripping over his on foot and feel down" it's called taking a charge in case you didn't know and the refs called it right. Frankie Adams knew what he was doing when he supposedly "tripped over his own foot and fell" giving Omar his fifth foul.

2-8-2006-12-04-25-AM-5924432.jpg Im pretty dang sure this is Omars so called "fifth foul" because i remember it being under the goal and against mr Bronson flack. Correct me if I am wrong, but otherwise, Probably the worst call ive seen in a LONG time. ¿verdad?

I agree the entire game was called ticky tack....but that photo clearly shows a hack in progress...maybe not blatant but as I said the refs called the whole game inconsistent.

Your memory is failing you...Omar's 5th foul was an offensive player control foul (also known as a charge)

And if you want to continue talking about calls/no-calls....late in the game Forney drove the lane carrying the bball like a football, using his other elbow to joust his way through a DB defender and they call a defensive foul and give him the basket...so the bad calls go both ways.

Would all of you guys complaining on here like some cheese to go with all that whining. Big deal about the refs they don't beat you the other team does. Missed shots,block outs, turnovers, mailman defense those are the things that get you beat. I saw a stat that DB averages about 15 turnovers a game but SH never pressed. 1:15 to go and SH wastes 45 seconds before they foul is that the refs fault as well.