MIDDLE COLLEGE

Guest hustle101

Middleton won 68-65. It was senior night. So all the seniors played the first quarter. We never got our chemistry together. We played sloppy basketball. We had a 12 point lead with about 5:00 to go but we let them get back in it. Middle College has got more thugs than athletes. They must pick these kids off the street. Hey Bigster, I hope your Gym is nice because here at the CrackerBox we like to spend our money on Trophy Cases. You guys don't have that problem!

Evidently you have never been priveleged enough to walk into the common area of Lake County's gym. If you are impressed by trophy's and trophy cases you need to go there and just take a gander. No, I don't remember seeing any gold balls for basketball there but they have had some sucess in all athletics as is evident by the fine display of hardware, from the 70's right on through to today.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only counting high school..Just having fun with M-Town!

I knew you would bring up football. Remember this is a Basketball topic. Please go to the football topic if you want to talk football. Like I said you only beat teams in your district. That shows me nothing. I am sure we will get to see how good you are when you come back to Middleton.

More thugs than athletes! i will get to that racist comment in a minute. lets see! you have nothing but excuses. just admit that you are not better than us. lets look at the game--you were shooting the 1and1 before your team commited 1 FOUL. It was senior night, so you were suppose to be hyped about the game. your basketball team tackled better than your football team---a lot of flagrant fouls that were not called. your rough house tactics did not work. you were up by 12 with 2:36 left and the officiating was terrible. they obviously favored middleton. numerous tick tack fouls were called, even though both teams were fouling. the officials forgot the rules--- the free throw violation when 43 went to the bench and another player entered without the official calling him into the game. we came back within 3 points with 4 second left. you tried to inbound the ball, it was deflected out of bounds. it was a spot play, which means the player could not run the baseline, but he did. look at the tape. we got the turnover, missed the shot and lost. you will not beat us again. as i said before we are not manassas.

the thug comment--every one does not grow up living in mayberry. so, the tatoos and braids make them thugs. so we judge strictly on appearance. most of our players come from good two parent homes and their grades are exceptional. three national honor society members, countless honor roll students. M-town Baller YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS TOO FAR. it was alright to talk a little trash, but to call our players thuggish is.....well, i can't curse on coacht. i guess you have an issue with urban african-americans--YOU ARE A RACIST--EVEN IF YOU ARE BLACK.

try to defend your title,step up your game, play ball and stop calling our players ######!

More thugs than athletes! i will get to that racist comment in a minute. lets see! you have nothing but excuses. just admit that you are not better than us. lets look at the game--you were shooting the 1and1 before your team commited 1 FOUL. It was senior night, so you were suppose to be hyped about the game. your basketball team tackled better than your football team---a lot of flagrant fouls that were not called. your rough house tactics did not work. you were up by 12 with 2:36 left and the officiating was terrible. they obviously favored middleton. numerous tick tack fouls were called, even though both teams were fouling. the officials forgot the rules--- the free throw violation when 43 went to the bench and another player entered without the official calling him into the game. we came back within 3 points with 4 second left. you tried to inbound the ball, it was deflected out of bounds. it was a spot play, which means the player could not run the baseline, but he did. look at the tape. we got the turnover, missed the shot and lost. you will not beat us again. as i said before we are not manassas.

the thug comment--every one does not grow up living in mayberry. so, the tatoos and braids make them thugs. so we judge strictly on appearance. most of our players come from good two parent homes and their grades are exceptional. three national honor society members, countless honor roll students. M-town Baller YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS TOO FAR. it was alright to talk a little trash, but to call our players thuggish is.....well, i can't curse on coacht. i guess you have an issue with urban african-americans--YOU ARE A RACIST--EVEN IF YOU ARE BLACK.

try to defend your title,step up your game, play ball and stop calling our players ######!

I am not Mtown, but I will reply. The looks of your players have nothing to do with the comment. But when one of your players is making obsence gestures to the opposing crowd and another is mocking the crowd when he hits a shot I don't consider that very good sportsmanship. Your players need to play ball and ignore the crowd.

I am not Mtown, but I will reply. The looks of your players have nothing to do with the comment. But when one of your players is making obsence gestures to the opposing crowd and another is mocking the crowd when he hits a shot I don't consider that very good sportsmanship. Your players need to play ball and ignore the crowd.

I completely and totally agree with you. And to say that the officiating was bad..that they did not call it when Middleton was fouling is not true. There were many times that Middle College fouled and nothing was called. That works both ways do not try and blame your lose on the officials. And them calling your players thugs may not have been the best way to put it but they definatly did not show very good sportsmanship. There actions did not show those of a good athlete. Like tigerfanatic said you guys are there to play ball maybe if ya'll were not so worried about the fans ya'll could have one. And to say that you will not lose to Middleton again...you might ought to wait and see what happens because you also said we would not beat you Tuesday, February 7th either...but i guess things just happen......I guess we will all find out come tournament time when we all play you again.

Nobody called your players the N word. I apologize about using the word thug. It was inapropriate. I was upset with the players talking to the crowd and flipping us off. Yes they did flip us off! Now lets get over the dumb comment I made. Everyone makes mistakes and I admit mine. I can't take it back. If you dwell on this you are just as wrong as I am. Anyways that should not make me lower my standards. As far as the game it was sluggish both ways. Nobody tackled anyone on the court. One play where our guy fouled your guy going to the rim and he was going for the ball. If your going to foul don't let the guy score. One person who had some class was Middle College Coach. If that's you I think you showed class on the bench. I agree the officiating was bad both ways, but what about when we went to Middle College it was beyond awful. As far as beating you guys we have played no where near our potential against you guys. We are going to beat you from here on out. PERIOD!!!

Guest hustle101

i agree. the middle college coach showed great sportsmanship throughout the game. i had just made the comment how disciplined the players from middle college were to another fan and he told me about the flipping off deal but i know one player does not show the class of the whole team. i was impressed with middle college but m- town is right. middleton has not played up to potential in either game and if they are on track, you had better look out. that goes both ways because #32 and #13 look like they can take over a game in a hurry. it will be interesting to see both teams play again, but then again you cant overlook these other teams. one bad night and it is over. good luck

as for the thug comment, looks can be deceiving and i know m-town is not a racist. over the years i have learned never to judge someone by the way they look but how they present themselves to me and others. color means nothing. he has apologized and it should be over with. so lets talk basketball

lets remember, they are still maturing. it was a harsh comment to make. everyone was excited about the game. it was a big game and calls swing both ways. Coach Starks was upset that it came down to the officiating, because his players missed countless lay-ups. they had many chances and played to the buzzer. the gestures from/to the crowd have been addressed. yes we did say that we would win, but you also said that--even stating a point spread. it is in good fun to talk but it can go too far sometimes. it was a good game. the next one will be even better. it is just two teams competing to be the best. we will see you in a few days. hold down the fort.