USA Friendlies

mjuhb

The US can cause some noise this summer in Germany. The talent pool being fed from the MLS has substantially grown for a league only in existance for 10 years. Dempsey, Donovan, Beasley, Johnson, Bocanegra, McBride, etc are all players that are products of MLS. Every game in the group will be tough, and I think Italy (Yes Italy will be the easiest of the 3). The Czech are #2 in the world, and have one of the best players in the world with Nedved. Milan Baros is also a goal scorer. The biggest surprise will be Ghana. Being from Africa, they don't get a lot of coverage and game footage is hard to come by. They have one heck of a player in Michael Eissen. Can't wait for it to kick-off..

I agree that Italy will be the easiest, I don't really know how good the Czech's really are...of course they have the best keeper in the world in Petr Cech but Nedved is getting old and that is a problem for some of these guys ( look at Figo, Zidane, and David Seaman from the 2002 World Cup) the World Cup is a young player's game; especially young players who have lots of speed, which of course the USA has plenty of; the Americans probably are the fastest team on the planet with all their guns on the field (Donovan, Beasley, Johnson, Hedjuk, Spector, and Dempsey). That is why the African teams always seem to do well at the World Cup, look at Senegal and Cameroon. Speed is the ultimate key in the World Cup...Look for the USA and Ghana to qualify :lol:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MLS is not the best of leagues, but it sure is providing some good players for the national team and the US should do well in the WC. Yes Italy is the easiest team in that group. As for Ghana, We might be seeing another (Senegal VS. France WC2002 opener). With an average of 20 african players scoring in Europe top leagues every weekend, african teams sure are getting better. I personally don't think Czech Republic is the toughest in that group, but they have some of the best players in the world and are ranked 2 so they should be respected. I agree with Ghana and USA coming out of that group. As for Michael Essien, If Chelsea F.C can pay $42 million for him, needless to say much.

Not true soccer4life :thumb: It's not underestimating, it's being realistic. Italy has some older players, and they haven't been the same since the 94 World Cup. The Czech were fantastic at the Euro04' and have some solid players including: Peter Czech, Nedved, Baros, etc. You'll see amigo :lol:!

I agree with that...No one is saying Italy will be easy, they will just be the easiest. That just shows why all the analysts are saying that this group is the hardest in World Cup history. Pretty crazy :lol:

Locks: GK Kasey Keller and Marcus Hahnemann

Right Back Frankie Hejduk and Steve Cherundolo

Center Back Oguchi Onyewu, Greg Berhalter

Left Back Eddie Lewis

Holding Midfield Pablo Mastroeni

Attacking Midfield in diamond formation Landon Donavan

Wings on the left Damarcus Beasley and Bobby Convey and on the right in diamond formation Steve Ralston and Clint Dempsey

Forwards Brian McBride, Josh Wolff and Taylor Twellman

Locks if healthy MF Claudio Reyna F Eddie Johnson CB Eddie Pope CB Cory Gibbs HMF Chris Armas MF John O'Brien

Players not getting Quality playing time with clubs that is hurt their chances GK Tim Howard CB/LB Carlos Bocanegra CB/LB John Spector

Inexperience players that could contribute GK Kevin Hartman RB Chris Albright CB Jimmy Conrad LB Todd Dunivant HMF Kerry Zavagin F Nate Jagua MF Eddie Gaven

Players with no shot at the roster F/MF Clint Mathis F/MF Freddy Adu F Conor Casey F Giuseppe Rossi RB Tonny Sanneh GK Brad Fiedal

What formation will the U.S. play at World Cup 06:

Diamond

GK Keller

RB Hejdak CB Onyewu Pope LB Lewis

CDM Mastroeni

RW Ralston LW Beasley

CAM Donavan

FW McBride Wolff

If Reyna is healthy

GK Keller

ARB Hejdak CB Onyewu Pope LB Lewis

CM Reyna CDM Mastroeni

CAM Donavan LAM Beasley

FW McBride Wolff

This formation is basically just a strait up 4-4-2 but hejdak has free range down the right side to attack and get crosses into the box and donavan roams where ever he wants

And my opinion on what the U.S. Roster should look like

GK Kasey Keller, Marcus Hahnemann and Kevin Hartman

D Frankie Hejduk , Steve Cherundolo, Oguchi Onyewu, Greg Berhalter Eddie Pope, Eddie Lewis and Carlos Bocanegra

MF Pablo Mastroeni, Landon Donavan, Damarcus Beasley, Bobby Convey, Steve Ralston ,Clint Dempsey, Claudio Reyna and Kerry Zavagin

F Brian McBride, Josh Wolff , Taylor Twellman, Eddie Johnson and Brian Ching

ALT GK Tim Howard D Jonathan Spector MF Eddie Gaven F Conor Casey

http://jorywea.alfablog.com/category/859/usa_soccer

Edited by mjuhb

Locks: GK Kasey Keller and Marcus Hahnemann

Right Back Frankie Hejduk and Steve Cherundolo

Center Back Oguchi Onyewu, Greg Berhalter

Left Back Eddie Lewis

Holding Midfield Pablo Mastroeni

Attacking Midfield in diamond formation Landon Donavan

Wings on the left Damarcus Beasley and Bobby Convey and on the right in diamond formation Steve Ralston and Clint Dempsey

Forwards Brian McBride, Josh Wolff and Taylor Twellman

Locks if healthy MF Claudio Reyna F Eddie Johnson CB Eddie Pope CB Cory Gibbs HMF Chris Armas MF John O'Brien

Players not getting Quality playing time with clubs that is hurt their chances GK Tim Howard CB/LB Carlos Bocanegra CB/LB John Spector

Inexperience players that could contribute GK Kevin Hartman RB Chris Albright CB Jimmy Conrad LB Todd Dunivant HMF Kerry Zavagin F Nate Jagua MF Eddie Gaven

Players with no shot at the roster F/MF Clint Mathis F/MF Freddy Adu F Conor Casey F Giuseppe Rossi RB Tonny Sanneh GK Brad Fiedal

What formation will the U.S. play at World Cup 06:

Diamond

GK Keller

RB Hejdak CB Onyewu Pope LB Lewis

CDM Mastroeni

RW Ralston LW Beasley

CAM Donavan

FW McBride Wolff

If Reyna is healthy

GK Keller

ARB Hejdak CB Onyewu Pope LB Lewis

CM Reyna CDM Mastroeni

CAM Donavan LAM Beasley

FW McBride Wolff

This formation is basically just a strait up 4-4-2 but hejdak has free range down the right side to attack and get crosses into the box and donavan roams where ever he wants

And my opinion on what the U.S. Roster should look like

GK Kasey Keller, Marcus Hahnemann and Kevin Hartman

D Frankie Hejduk , Steve Cherundolo, Oguchi Onyewu, Greg Berhalter Eddie Pope, Eddie Lewis and Carlos Bocanegra

MF Pablo Mastroeni, Landon Donavan, Damarcus Beasley, Bobby Convey, Steve Ralston ,Clint Dempsey, Claudio Reyna and Kerry Zavagin

F Brian McBride, Josh Wolff , Taylor Twellman, Eddie Johnson and Brian Ching

ALT GK Tim Howard D Jonathan Spector MF Eddie Gaven F Conor Casey

http://jorywea.alfablog.com/category/859/usa_soccer

looks good except

i really don't think that Hartman is going to make it.

Tim Howard will be on the squad I think

Italy will be very hungry to win at any cost they have always been and always will be good they have Del Piero,Vieri,Gattuso,Pirlo so they will be very good i think they will move on but the Czechs i not sure they could make it but i don't know Nedved,Ujifulusi,Simic,Baros,Rosicky,Cech they could be very good to the US has a shot but they have to play good in all the games Ghana don't know much about them.Germany will be very interesting Podolski,Kuranyi,Ballack,Deisler,Frings,Kahn,Asamoah,Metzelder should be very good in a weak group but i think we will do fine the Dutch will be good to looking forward to see Argentina VS Holland.