TSSAA DROPS THE BALL ?

FIG4

THIS HAS BEEN APPEALED AND DENIED BY TSSAA. THE REASON FOR THE ORIGINAL POST WAS IN HOPES THAT PEOPLE WHO HAD MORE INFO WOULD COME FORWARD. WHICH THEY HAVE. WE HOPE ANYONE WHO HAS ADDITIONAL INFO WILL CONTACT TSSAA AND LET THEM KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS.

I KNOW THE RULES AS FAR AS VIDEO IS CONCERNED AND THE OFFICAL. I UNDERSTAND WHY HE COULD NOT LOOK AT IT. THERE IS NO INTENTION TO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THE REF.

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, I DID IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

ITS NOT ABOUT ME, THE REF OR TSSAA. IT IS ABOUT RIGHT AND WRONG.

So............is that it,there is no possible way that Chris can wrestle tomorrow???Can there not be any second appeals or anything of that nature, could he not atleast wrestle if that happend,and if it did occour that TSSAA stuck by their decision that the 4th place winner just go in his absense (assuming he is going to take home one of the top three places)?????

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So............is that it,there is no possible way that Chris can wrestle tomorrow???Can there not be any second appeals or anything of that nature, could he not atleast wrestle if that happend,and if it did occour that TSSAA stuck by their decision that the 4th place winner just go in his absense (assuming he is going to take home one of the top three places)?????

the decision will not be able to be made over night. it is supposedly unable to be waivered. maybe the tssaa will loosen up a little bit by state, but by tomorrow? the chances of the are slim to none.

Maybe it's too late, Region X is Friday night, but Greeneville coach, Call two of your coaching buddies in the area and have matches.

It's been done before.

LoL,Thanks for the idea,it is a good one if I say so myself,me and my dad dicussed it last night.Just go ahead and have them scheduled at the beginning of the year, and if they're not needed jus cancel them,if you do need them though,you can just throw some JV guys out there and let them get some mat time and forfiet a few on top of that. I think several teams will take that into consideration next year, not a bad idea,not bad at all, unfortunately just a little late.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DID NOT SEE THE GREENEVILLE VS SPRINGFIELD MATCH AT CLARKSVILLE. I WILL GIVE YOU A SHORT VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED. IN THE 152LB MATCH GREENEVILLE WAS WINNING 9-1 (MAY NOT BE RIGHT, BUT CLOSE) GREENEVILLE IS ON BOTTOM AND THE SPRINGFIELD WRESTLER CROSSFACED AND WAS RAISING THE HEAD. NOT A UNCOMMON MOVE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT. BUT HIS FOREARM LANDEND ON GREENEVILLE WRESTLER MOUTH. AS HE LIFTED THE HEAD HE GOT UPPER TEETH MARKS ON HIS FORE ARM.

A MOTHER FROM THE STANDS ALMOST COMES ON THE MAT SCREAMING HE IS BITTING. THE REF STOPS THE MATCH LOOKS AT THE ARM OF THE OTHER WRESTLER AND TOSS'S GREENEVILLE 152. THIS IS BAD AND WHAT HAPPENED THE REST OF THE DAY AFTER THAT DOES NOT MATTER.

WHAT DOES MATTER IS THAT TSSAA HAD A CHANCE TO REVIEW A TAPE OF THE MATCH, THEY RECIEVED CALLS FROM SPRINGFIELD OFFICALS SAYING THEY WERE NOT BITTEN. I BET IF THEY ASK THE OTHER OFFICAL HE MIGHT EVEN COUNTER THE CALL REF'S DECISION.

BUT THEY CHOSE TO TAKE THE STANCE OF BACKING THERE OFFICAL. EVEN IF THE CALL IS QUESTIONABLE. EVEN IF IT MEANS A SENIOR WHO WAS WINNING THE MATCH AND HAD NO REASON TO TAKE A SHORT CUT. (MY GOODNESS HE WAS IN DOWN POSTION , IT WAS NOT LIKE HE WAS IN DANGER OF BEING PINNED) SEASON IS ENDED, WITH NO CHANCE TO QUALIFY FOR STATE, HE IS RANKED #1 IN REGION 1.

IS THIS FAIR? IS TSSAA JOB NOT TO HOLD UP OUR YOUNG PEOPLE AND STRENGTHEN THEM. SHOW THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG.AND THAT YOU CAN MAKE A MISTAKE AND CORRECT IT.

I BET IF YOU ASK THE 152 FROM SPRINGFIELD HE WILL TELL YOU THAT HE WAS NOT BITTEN.

UNFORTUNATELY FRIDAY NIGHT IS THE QUALIFER FOR REGION ONE INV STATE. IF IT IS NOT REVERSED BY THEN IT WILL NOT MATTER.

AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING IF I AM CHRIS BOWMANS FATHER? NO I AM NOT, I AM NOT RELATED. I AM A GREENEVILLE FAN . BUT MOST OF ALL I AM A FAN OF WRESTLING AND HAVE SEEN THE MORAL CARACTER IT DEVELOPS IN THESE YOUNG MEN OVER THE YEARS. I THINK ALL THAT IS DEFEATED WHEN PEOPLE IN CHARGE CAN NOT SAY WE MADE A MISTAKE, LET US CORRECT IT. OFFICALS ARE GROWN MEN WHO GET PAID TO DO A JOB. EVEN THE NFL REVIEWS FILMS AND CORRECTS MISTAKES. WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND MAKE MISTAKES.

PLEASE DONT LET A GOOD WRESTLER, A GOOD PERSON'S CAREER END THIS WAY.

This is why 2 coaches that I know schedule 2 matches for Monday & Tuesday after the state duals against each other. It prevents a kid from being shafted by poor officials or kids using bad judgement. If they don't need to wrestle they use them as JV matches.

LoL,Thanks for the idea,it is a good one if I say so myself,me and my dad dicussed it last night.Just go ahead and have them scheduled at the beginning of the year, and if they're not needed jus cancel them,if you do need them though,you can just throw some JV guys out there and let them get some mat time and forfiet a few on top of that. I think several teams will take that into consideration next year, not a bad idea,not bad at all, unfortunately just a little late.

Charlie,

This is exactly what I stated in my first post.

Go back and read and you will see.

Springfield has fine coaching and the most quality people you will find leading their boys. What they say is the way it is. Very honorable folks.

They know that their young man at 152 has unbelievable strength and fierce drive. A tough crossface is all they saw and that's why they tried to clarify.

They were eyewitnesses and they know the tendencies of their 152, that's why they did what they did.

This kind of unnecessary roughness occured a little while ago with this same Jones of Springfield, when my own son was bumped up to 152 and was dropped on his head so hard- "twice I might add" (from down position too) Tim Able instantly ended the match on a slam, and I understand this was not the first time this has happened.

I guess I can say in regard to this issue, it would be wise to investigate further to avoid wrongfully injuring this Greenville wrestler's journey and memories of all his sacrifice in our great sport, which is life.

I'm a witness of relevant past events.

Eye witness.

I inserted a little info that may clarify why further investigation may be helpful. Tim Able, a very steady veteran official, has witnessed some things of relevance too.

Edited by Sommers

If TSSAA has already denied the appeal, chances are not good for this kid. Many coaches schedule 2 extra matches during the week after state duals specifically for this reason. If the coach tries to get those matches in tonight, it probably will not help - as they were not on his schedule that was submitted to TSSAA at the beginning of the season.

Charlie,

This is exactly what I stated in my first post.

Go back and read and you will see.

Yes, I know that you had stated that earlier, and I never agreed nor disagreed with you. I also was not the one who "went off" on you, personally I think the reason they got mad at you was the fact that you made it seem like it was the coaching staffs fault for not scheduleing extra matches as if they knew this was goin to happen. But as stated before, I believe this will open alot of coaches eyes to maybe scheduleing extra matches next year after the state-duals.Just for the record I was in no way offended by your statements.