9 OOLTEWAH 29 ---

10 FATHER RYAN 23 10

11 SCIENCE HILL 20 7

12 CBHS 14 6

Interesting....

Mcallie beat Baylor

Soddy beat McCallie

Bradley beat Soddy

Not that it really matters but shouldn't that make Bradley #1?

Who votes in this poll besides the Blue coaches? I've never met or heard of anyone who has a vote. No Bradley coach has ever been asked to vote. It would seem 15 state championships would earn a vote.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF,and I say IF, Bradley wins the Indiviual Team Title and IF Baylor wins the D2 Individual, it will be intereting to see what the vote will be then. Would seem obvious at that point. May not turn out that way but if it does the vote will be interesting to watch.

Baylor beat McCallie

McCallie beat Baylor

Baylor beat Soddy

Soddy beat McCallie

Soddy beat Bradley

Bradley beat Soddy

Bradley refuses to wrestle Baylor or McCallie

If teams aren't allowed to compete ????????? - JT

I hate to say it but McCallie beat Soddy. Also Soddy and Bradley are about the exact same if you were to wrestle the teams straight up. It stinks to lose a match because you loose the flip. Soddy won the flip at Soddy won the match pretty easy. Bradley wins the match at clarksville and wins. I wished you had to dance with what brought you there and wrestle what you have had all year. But i guess enough sour grapes. But i think McCallie is 1 baylor 2 bradley and soddy 3rd. You wrestle all those teams straight up and its baylor mccallie soddy and bradley. later cobra

Here's the latest poll.

STATE POLL:

RANK SCHOOL POWER RANKING LAST WEEK

1 McCALLIE 100 2

2 BAYLOR 91 1

3 BRADLEY CEN. 83 5

4 SODDY DAISY 72 3

5 CLARKSVILLE 65 8

6 MBA 64 4

7 NOTRE DAME 34 9

8 COLLIERVILLE 30 ---

9 OOLTEWAH 29 ---

10 FATHER RYAN 23 10

11 SCIENCE HILL 20 7

12 CBHS 14 6

Interesting....

Ooltewah beat McCallie

McCallie beat Baylor

Soddy beat McCallie

Bradley beat Soddy

Not that it really matters but shouldn't that make Bradley #1?

Who votes in this poll besides the Blue coaches? I've never met or heard of anyone who has a vote. No Bradley coach has ever been asked to vote. It would seem 15 state championships would earn a vote.

Bear, I slightly modified your logic string. I'd like to know, besides Coach Miller, who contributes to this poll as well. I have no argument with the results, but I am curious as to the method.

I hate to say it but McCallie beat Soddy. Also Soddy and Bradley are about the exact same if you were to wrestle the teams straight up. It stinks to lose a match because you loose the flip. Soddy won the flip at Soddy won the match pretty easy. Bradley wins the match at clarksville and wins. I wished you had to dance with what brought you there and wrestle what you have had all year. But i guess enough sour grapes. But i think McCallie is 1 baylor 2 bradley and soddy 3rd. You wrestle all those teams straight up and its baylor mccallie soddy and bradley. later cobra

Ahhh the flip. Be so kind as to explain to me how the flip cost Soddy the match.

Perhaps you should review the results of the 2002 finals before you talk about dancing partners. Now there's a match where the flip determined the winner.

Why is it that in all other sports that have polls or rankings they are divided by classifications, but in wrestling we have just one poll for both DI and DII?

Seems to me that the poll would look something like this:

DI

1. Bradley

2. Soddy

3. Clarksville

4. Notre Dame

5. Collierville

6. Ooltewah

7. Science Hill

8. Greenville

9. Franklin

10. Kenwood

DII

1. McCallie

2. Baylor

3. MBA

4. Father Ryan

5. CBHS

Soddy won by 5 the first time so it wasnt easily, with Withrow at 140 instead of at 130. one match could turn it around from the first time depending on the outcome of a very competitve 130 match that Soddy won easilty. One that they wouldnt be a certain winner in now as it is the no. 2 and no.3 ranked guys.

but you are right the toss was crucial in clarkesville to get the matchups bradley needed much like it favored Soddy in the first match. remember too that bradley forfeited a match at the end in the second match....130.

Remember also that just the week before Baylor won 10 of 14 matches from McCallie before losing in Clarkesville.They turned around 3 matches as did Bradley. Line up shuffles are a part of duals and team strategy, sometimes you get "lucky" with the toss and sometimes you dont. It did help Bradlley Saturday.

Edited by 2@140

As someone pointed out McCallie did beat Soddy. What I think is interesting is that Soddy puts it on the line every year; they wrestle both Baylor and McCallie without a thought of private vs public. They just want good competition without the politics. Imagine the the publicity and gate if Bradley wrestled both. Here's another thought, wouldn' it be great if there was an annual meet where the two public powers battled the two private powers in back-to-back matches on two mats, right before a UTC match. How many people would come to see it?

As someone pointed out McCallie did beat Soddy. What I think is interesting is that Soddy puts it on the line every year; they wrestle both Baylor and McCallie without a thought of private vs public. They just want good competition without the politics. Imagine the the publicity and gate if Bradley wrestled both. Here's another thought, wouldn' it be great if there was an annual meet where the two public powers battled the two private powers in back-to-back matches on two mats, right before a UTC match. How many people would come to see it?

Looks like Bradley's schedule hasn't hurt them too bad to me. Just a thought.

I think that if Baylor wrestled Bradley, it would be the best match of the year. all the fans from both schools would come out, and we know how great of fans they both have. I think that that match is soemthing that should happen in the next year, because I think it would be some of the best competition for both teams.