9 OOLTEWAH 29 ---

10 FATHER RYAN 23 10

11 SCIENCE HILL 20 7

12 CBHS 14 6

Interesting....

Mcallie beat Baylor

Soddy beat McCallie

Bradley beat Soddy

Not that it really matters but shouldn't that make Bradley #1?

Who votes in this poll besides the Blue coaches? I've never met or heard of anyone who has a vote. No Bradley coach has ever been asked to vote. It would seem 15 state championships would earn a vote.

yah it really should if oyu use the logic part of your brain i reckon.....but all four of those teams just need to have one big match so we can figure out who is numero uno

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear, I slightly modified your logic string. I'd like to know, besides Coach Miller, who contributes to this poll as well. I have no argument with the results, but I am curious as to the method.

Harry and I. :lol: What do you think our meetings are about.

Jakesdad, good luck this weekend, Harry is planning Sats meeting ,would love if Jakesmom could make it. I guess you can come to if you must.

Go Irish

And to add one more to the scenerio

ND beats Ooltewah

BEAR CAT

Harry and I. :thumb: What do you think our meetings are about.

Jakesdad, good luck this weekend, Harry is planning Sats meeting ,would love if Jakesmom could make it. I guess you can come to if you must.

Go Irish

And to add one more to the scenerio

ND beats Ooltewah

BEAR CAT

Oh yeah, ND beat Ooltewah...now where was I...ND beat Ooltewah, Ooltewah beat McCallie, McCallie beat Baylor, Baylor beat McCallie, but didn't Baylor beat ND?...I am so confused...I guess I will have to come to the Saturday poll meeting to get all of this ranking stuff straight. Did you or Harry call Coach Henry yet? We need to make sure that his boys are not late for the 1:30 weigh in at East Ridge. Good luck to you guys this weekend too! There should be some very good matches.

Why is it that in all other sports that have polls or rankings they are divided by classifications, but in wrestling we have just one poll for both DI and DII?

Seems to me that the poll would look something like this:

DI

1. Bradley

2. Soddy

3. Clarksville

4. Notre Dame

5. Collierville

6. Ooltewah

7. Science Hill

8. Greenville

9. Franklin

10. Kenwood

DII

1. McCallie

2. Baylor

3. MBA

4. Father Ryan

5. CBHS

99.9% of wrestling fans want BC to wrestle Baylor and McCallie. The coaches poll ignores the fact that there are two divisions in order to irritate that contrary .1%. Apparently it works.

And McCallie beat SD and ND which cancels out the earlier loss by McC to the Owls because several McC wrestlers were having bad hair days and because ND and SD both beat the Owls and since SD beat BC, and since BC won't wrestle McC, by Coacht logic, McC is the #1 team.

Edited by takedown3

i would have to say that this year's dual teams at least were extremely evenly matched. probably one of the best state duals in previous years. no huge wins by any of the top teams. soddy beat bradley by a few then bradley beat soddy by a few then bradley beat clarksville by a few. if you put all the "im from this school and were better than you" aside, im sure many would agree that this year was really close all the way around. but i have a feeling in the individuals, it will be bradley and soddy top 2 then a race for number three. you gotta love the close competition.

Who cares about polls, I thought the goal was to win on the mat. Now I know Bradley doesn't wrestle Baylor or McCallie, and I don't think that they could beat them year in and year out, but I also didn't think they would beat Soddy this year. They do wrestle whoever shows up at the Cleveland duals which usually has some of Georgia's best (Right RMC). And I think a match between the DI and DII would be great, alot like the one between Parkview and Bradley a few years ago at UTC. But in the end the Bears wrestle for the Title that they have to just like the DII schools. Talk to the TSSAA, we all know what they will say.

GO BEARS.

I wonder, if the DII schools want to wrestle DI Bradley, have they called recently to try and set up a match? There is a new coach in the program, maybe, if Mc. or Baylor wants it so bad, they should try to schedule it. Or is this just all fans saying that, and the coaches could not give a crap?

Bradley just won the State Duals Championship for DI. I don't think their schedule hurt them any. Also, does anyone know if Notre Dame wrestled either Baylor or McCallie this year? Just curious.

Sly: ND wrestled Mc at Soddy Daisy. They lost to Mc 40 something to 20 something.

ND also wrestled in a tourney that Baylor competed in but I don't remember which one.

I wonder, if the DII schools want to wrestle DI Bradley, have they called recently to try and set up a match? There is a new coach in the program, maybe, if Mc. or Baylor wants it so bad, they should try to schedule it. Or is this just all fans saying that, and the coaches could not give a crap?

The call has been made.