Coach's Poll

BayouBear

allsaints - I think I read your post the same as Jakesdad and thought you were implying that what money is given out is determined first by financial need and then secondly by athletic ability and that you suspected there to be some fudging of both similiar to creeping over the speed limit and taking that questionable tax deduction. I tend to agree with most of your posts, so it is probably just that public school education that Jakesdad and I obtained prevented us from understanding.

Edited by walkenvol

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

allsaints - I think I read your post the same as Jakesdad and thought you were implying that what money is given out is determined first by financial need and then secondly by athletic ability and that you suspected there to be some fudging of both similiar to creeping over the speed limit and taking that questionable tax deduction. I tend to agree with most of your posts, so it is probably just that public school education that Jakesdad and I obtained prevented us from understanding.

Allsaints get out now!!!

Walkenvol 6' 200

Jakesdad 6'4 245

Allsaints 5'8 155

I think the world is more grey than it is black and white and I think your public education obviously did you a very good job. I also think I better shut up. But its so much fun not to! But I will anyway......maybe

Saint - I'm starting to like you but I think your in big trouble when the DII guys get back from the Friday lunch "meeting".

That ol allsaints, he do give sum of us publikly educaded posters sumpin to chew on I rekon. Right made hisself a few good argaments. Im a thinkin I mite likem mysef thar Biu Bar. But ooooooh he gonna rite agravate sum a dem dar d2ers.

don't know where BCB is coming from - no offense taken by the WV or JD either I suspect - keep posting (what would the abbreviation be for AllSaintS)? Besides, the measurement of a man changes dramatically when he steps into a speedo and a pool full of jello against one of the bad moms.

Who said anything about a bad mom? We have a surprise match up sat evening for you WV.

When AllSaints Acadamy first came about in 1973, it was going to be called All Saints School but the powers above thought A.S.S. might get a chuckle or two from our wrestling opponents

Go Irish

Top six in state in no order

Baylor

Bradley

Clarksville

MBA

McCallie

Soddy Daisy

If these six wrestled in a dual meet for six straight weekends ,you might have 6 different champions, all great teams.

The kinder gentler BCB

Who said anything about a bad mom? We have a surprise match up sat evening for you WV.

When AllSaints Acadamy first came about in 1973, it was going to be called All Saints School but the powers above thought A.S.S. might get a chuckle or two from our wrestling opponents

Go Irish

Top six in state in no order

Baylor

Bradley

Clarksville

MBA

McCallie

Soddy Daisy

If these six wrestled in a dual meet for six straight weekends ,you might have 6 different champions, all great teams.

The kinder gentler BCB

I miss the old BCB (must be getting close to Friday happy hour, either that or ol bear cat might be sniffin an individual state championship for Bear Kitten this weekend?)

Tell T to kick that butt this weekend, we'll be pulling for him!

I miss the old BCB (must be getting close to Friday happy hour, either that or ol bear cat might be sniffin an individual state championship for Bear Kitten this weekend?)

Tell T to kick that butt this weekend, we'll be pulling for him!

You tell him yourself. If you aren't at Paddy's at 11:15 Sat we'll hunt you down!

Harry, bring your coon dogs, just in case.

The old BCB is in time out for not playing nice with others

What gives? SL&L goes on a relief mission trip to the hurrican stricken gulf coast area of New Orleans and "BCB gone wild" at home changing the baddest mom contest? Fair is fair - if these girls can sign up to wrestle our boys, then WV can enter the badest mom contest.

Athletic scholorships are illegal as so is cheating on your taxes, driving over the speed limit, and Harry and BCB driving home after their meetings.

Then we can have a reality check: Are scholorships granted ONLY because of a need base or are there extenuating circumstances? If scholorships are ONLY based on need, then why doesn't McC and Bay have the very poorest of the poor sitting in the classrooms and joining the chess team instead of the Football team? Please don't insult this post by trying to wiggle in something bogus about the child being a fine young fellow that needs an opportunity and the fact that he is a GIANT and can run faster than superman is simply a coinsidence. Yes, I'm sure to even up the balance a few token non-athelits get scholorships too.

Public schools know this reality and is probably why BC won't wrestle McC or Bay. Don't get me wrong, I am for scholorships because they help a kid. There is no better reason. I also struggle every month to write that check and my kids may have to sit on the bench because of a "non-athletic" scholorship kid is in their way on the A team. That does hurt. Yes, in my self centered world I would rather have a less talented program and see my kid excell better as a result. But in the long run, what makes my kid rise to the occasion is competition, whether it has a financial boost associated with it or not.

I know for a fact that all 30+ of you attended ND on athletic scholarships! At one point two thirds of the line and all the backfield were related to you. The TSSAA had to step in and pass a nepotism policy.

I know for a fact that all 30+ of you attended ND on athletic scholarships! At one point two thirds of the line and all the backfield were related to you. The TSSAA had to step in and pass a nepotism policy.

No scholorships for the clan but they did try to kick each and everyone of us out at one point or another. Something about not following the rules and taking on adult vices as teenages. They always let us back, too many holes to fill on the team when 1/2 your squad gets expelled.