Ricky LAdd?

Eddie

For someone that knows so much about football, Charlie Murphy has spent an awful lot of time in his career 42 total posts coming after the White House football fans and players, specifically Ricky Ladd.

We heard enough of his drivel the week of the Notre Dame game, when a 7-6 Blue Devil team nearly took out an undefeated group of Irish.

C'mon, Charlie. If you have so much valuable information, then post on other threads, too. In fact, we haven't heard much of you here since the White House and Livingston games against Notre Dame.

Ladd will fit nicely in the right system, but perhaps he has some struggles with size and/or speed as a true back. Where Ricky will be valuable is in an offense that will utilize him as a back, a receiver and in the right situation to put the ball in his hands. He has very good offensive skills at both positions, and he can also play defensive back. With his size, I would not be surprised if the right school gave him a shot there.

Am I disappointed Ricky has not signed? Sure. But the time will come.

Ask Cory and Cody Sullins about opportunity. They walked on at UT where no one ever has a chance to make the team, and were dressing on the sidelines by the end of the year with the scholarship players.

Work ethic in the right opportunity is a gold mine.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Murphy has no clue about football is what I have come to conclude! Ladd beat out some of the best players in the STATE for Mr. Football ( Cates, Rogan, Harrison Smith) I mean the list goes on but he went home with the hardware! I'm not from White House, actually am one of there arch rivals, but Ricky can have a good college career put in the right Offense, OVC is a perfect fit for him!

Ladd won the 2005 Mr Football because of the previous year. Yeah, he was better than Cates....are you kidding me? Carthorne from ND had the same stats and he played on a team that was 10-0 regular season, and he played every game. He wasn't even nominated,,,,thats a joke.

And to respond to letsgodevils, Charlie Murphy never claimed to know everything, Charlie Murphy only posts on threads that he knows something about, maybe others should practice the same. I know somethings about East TN HS football and whatever I pickup when middle TN teams play East TN teams. Charlie aint hatin on RIcky just being real. Charlie does know something about college football,,first hand.

Guest catfish-hunter

Ladd won the 2005 Mr Football because of the previous year. Yeah, he was better than Cates....are you kidding me? Carthorne from ND had the same stats and he played on a team that was 10-0 regular season, and he played every game. He wasn't even nominated,,,,thats a joke.

And to respond to letsgodevils, Charlie Murphy never claimed to know everything, Charlie Murphy only posts on threads that he knows something about, maybe others should practice the same. I know somethings about East TN HS football and whatever I pickup when middle TN teams play East TN teams. Charlie aint hatin on RIcky just being real. Charlie does know something about college football,,first hand.

You truly are ridiculous aren't you?????

Ladd won Mr. Football "because of the previous year"????? :D:D

HOLD ON WHILE I GET BACK UP IN MY SEAT BECAUSE I JUST FELL IN THE FLOOR LAUGHING SO HARD!!!!!

Ladd carried a team to the quarterfinals of the state playoffs literally with his legs. White House was very young up front last year. As someone metioned earlier Cody and Cory Sullins both graduated and are now at Tennessee (not Martin or Chattanooga either). Who else graduated from the semifinal team of 2004???? Levering (the starting quarterback) as well as the Blue Devils top four wide receivers that year (Harmon, Broadrick, Gibbs, and Rippon).

So let's see here:

1.) An inexperienced offensive line

2.) An inexperieced quarterback that played like an inexperienced quarterback.

3.) No wide receivers with any type of significant playing time the year before.

How did White House get to the state quarterfinals last year?????

ANSWER: Ricky Ladd :)

Ladd lead the team in both rushing and receiving and was by far and away White House's only shot to win when they stepped out onto the field last fall. Without Ricky Ladd last year White House was worse than every team in Region 4-3A (the lone exception being DeKalb Co.).

Any White House football fan would have told you the exact same thing. For Porter to win with that bunch and advance deep into the playoffs was a miracle. It was his best coaching job ever and that's going to show up this year. WH was just one bad quarter of football away from getting to the same point that they'd been "the previous year" with all of that talent. Ricky Ladd was the most important reason why that was and if you don't believe me then just ask the Greenbrier faithful. I never agree on anything with those people but this I'm sure they'd agree with me on.

Guest catfish-hunter

So Ladd was better than Wilson Cates? Do you think he was? Cates took a 5-5 team all the way to the Gold ball and is going to play in the Ivy League. Mr Football is suppose to represent the best of TN football, this includes on and off the field. You really think Ladd deserved it over Cates?

I think Wilson Cates was the best player in 3A HOWEVER for you to say Ladd won Mr. Football based on what happened the year before is insane :thumb:

We all know it happens. Last year they gave it to someone else but kept Ladd in the back of there mind, knowing he would be a senior this year. If you agree that Cates was the best player in 3A, why do you think Ladd won the award this year?

Ladd was a frontrunner to begin the season, and we all know how pre season hype can affect any ranking system that relies on human selection, (AP polls, heismen trophy,etc)

Guest catfish-hunter

We all know it happens. Last year they gave it to someone else but kept Ladd in the back of there mind, knowing he would be a senior this year. If you agree that Cates was the best player in 3A, why do you think Ladd won the award this year?

Ladd was a frontrunner to begin the season, and we all know how pre season hype can affect any ranking system that relies on human selection, (AP polls, heismen trophy,etc)

Cates played on a state championship caliber team (even though they did finish 4th in the toughest 3A region in the state). There were five teams in that region last year that could have easily won state (AE, Fulton, Knox Catholic, LA, and Anderson Co.). I still believe that every team in that region that I've just mentioned was better than Notre Dame.

If you remember correctly Pearl-Cohn dominated the first half of the game against ND. They were in the red zone four times in the first half and came away with just 1TD. By then end they were just too emotionally drained from the events that had taken place throughout the season and that showed up on the final score. White House, who PC beat, dominated ND for three quarters and was just one break or two away from playing in the state semifinals. Oh well. I think Greenbrier would have beaten ND last year. The Bobcats would not have thrown away golden opportunities in the red zone and with a lead Greenbrier is a darn near impossible team to beat with the way they can run the ball and play defense. David Lipscomb, Lexington, Cheatham Co., and Creek Wood woud have all beaten ND last year. Covington, Crockett Co., and Dyersburg are three more teams that you could have added to that list.

Notre Dame was not that great Mr. East-TN Guru. They just played in an awful region and caught some breaks to get as far as they did in the postseason. That luck finally caught up with them when LA spanked 'em in the state semifinals.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

Unlike Cates, Ladd did not play on a state title caliber football team. I just told you that in my previous post had you actually read it :thumb:

Cates played on a state championship caliber team (even though they did finish 4th in the toughest 3A region in the state). There were five teams in that region last year that could have easily won state (AE, Fulton, Knox Catholic, LA, and Anderson Co.). I still believe that every team in that region that I've just mentioned was better than Notre Dame.

If you remember correctly Pearl-Cohn dominated the first half of the game against ND. They were in the red zone four times in the first half and came away with just 1TD. By then end they were just too emotionally drained from the events that had taken place throughout the season and that showed up on the final score. White House, who PC beat, dominated ND for three quarters and was just one break or two away from playing in the state semifinals. Oh well. I think Greenbrier would have beaten ND last year. The Bobcats would not have thrown away golden opportunities in the red zone and with a lead Greenbrier is a darn near impossible team to beat with the way they can run the ball and play defense. David Lipscomb, Lexington, Cheatham Co., and Creek Wood woud have all beaten ND last year. Covington, Crockett Co., and Dyersburg are three more teams that you could have added to that list.

Notre Dame was not that great Mr. East-TN Guru. They just played in an awful region and caught some breaks to get as far as they did in the postseason. That luck finally caught up with them when LA spanked 'em in the state semifinals.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

Unlike Cates, Ladd did not play on a state title caliber football team. I just told you that in my previous post had you actually read it :thumb:

Actually you may need to read your posts,,,you stated that Cates played on a State Championship calibre team in this post, not in any previous post. Just thought I would point that out. Are you a politician? The question was, if you think Cates was the best 3A player then why did Ladd win the award? I'm not sure what ND had do do with it..except that Cates ran all over them,,,unlike LAdd,,,but that makes it even more odd that Ladd won it instead of Cates. And Charlie Murphy never claimed to be a Guru. He's sure he doesn't know as much as you.

First, Ricky Ladd and Craig Cooper were both juniors nominated for Mr. Football in Class 4-A in 2004. They lost the award to Cade Thompson, the state championship quarterback of Maryville who was signed by Steve Spurrier at South Carolina.

So the next season, Ladd drops to 3-A, and both he and Cooper win the awards in 2005 in their respective classes.

So in essence, all three Class 4-A back nominees in 2004 became Mr. Football winners. They all played for undefeated teams who had to beat each other for a loss to show up. I don't think that happens very often, and it may have never happened. I don't know the results.

So why was Ricky Ladd the 2005 Class 3-A Mr. Football? Here's why...

In 2004, according to the White House website which is where I pull numbers, he rushed 232 times for 1984 yards and 24 touchdowns with eight receptions for 159 yards and two scores, and 12 returns for 314 yards.

He played with a senior quarterback, six senior receivers including tight ends, and four senior linemen. His only returning starters were Max Barrett on the line and fullback Aaron Hargrove.

Barrett was out for the first three games injured. Ladd himself was not at 100 percent for the first three weeks. He played for a 13-1 team that lost 17 seniors.

Still, in 2005, he posted 267 rushes for 1772 yards with 23 touchdowns, with 11 catches for 200 yards and one score, plus 14 returns for 253 yards, three interceptions and 72 tackles.

After playing offense only in 2004, he basically played every down on the field in 2005 on both sides of the ball and special teams.

And with a young line, a new quarterback and a sputtering passing game, he STILL put up close to identical numbers with one less game.

That's why he was Mr. Football.

Guest catfish-hunter

Back to the point, has he made any decisions, or this topic isn't going to last much longer.

CLOSE IT!!!!! I beg you to do so because the postings of Charlie Murphy have been nothing but a slap in the face to one of the better backs that has passed through the midstate in quite some time.

NOTE: I never said he was the best. I did however say he was among the best.