GC by 10

sls

Guest NoPainNoGain

Not postitive , thinking 52-42

McNairy overrated all year. Some talent, but not up to what 13AA has to bring. Gibson County is playing really well at this time. 13AA is wide open (at least 5 teams could win it) and GC will be one of best in the tourney. Milan will have their hands full beating GC for a 4th time. However, Milan has the talent to take it all as well. Get ready Westview, it will not be a cake walk.

Yes, Gibson County has a good team. But, McNairy wasn't overrated all year. They lost their best player this year. It's no excuse but it does make a difference. If Gibson County loses Dudley, then do they compete with some of the top teams in AA? I don't think so. Even without Crayton, they have played with some of the best teams in Northside, beat Chester Co., and played Gibson County tough.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

Loosing players is something that happens. Its unfortuante, but part of the game. The outcome may have been different with her. When you play a tough 13AA schedule like Gibson Co. does, it makes you a better team. I would dare say that Gibson Co. would have beaten MC even with the star player. Playing in 13AA is tough. There are possibly 4-5 teams that could win our district. How many in yours?? I don't think Mcnairy was overrated, because they did beat some good teams including Gibson Co. I just think the teams in 13AA are a bit stronger.

gcfan2, I agree with you about losing players and that's why I said it was no excuse for the loss. It does happen and you have to deal with it. I was just wanting to make the point that they were not overrated when she was healty. I still think they are a good team and can make the state tournament but they have to play better. They picked the wrong time to not play well. I do believe that McNairy would have won if Crayton was healthy. No doubt 13AA is a tough district and I will not argue that. I don't think 12AA is better than 13AA but it is no slouch. Besides McNairy, Chester is really good and starting to hit their stride and I expect them to be in the boro. Liberty is also pretty good this year and Southside you never know what your going to get. They have beaten McNairy, Chester and didn't they beat Dyersburg last week? There's some good teams here and although I expect McNairy or Chester to win the district, Liberty or Southside could win it too. But if no one from 12AA can bring home the gold ball, I hope someone from West TN keeps it here. Good Luck to All West TN teams.

There are very few high school teams that could lose a 20-point a game player to an injury and replace her with a quality player. If Crayton had not been injured, McNairy could have been unbeaten headed into the postseason.

Gibson's district is tougher, but McNairy with Crayton would beat Gibson County. It does not matter now because the regular season is completed.

gcfan2, I agree with you about losing players and that's why I said it was no excuse for the loss. It does happen and you have to deal with it. I was just wanting to make the point that they were not overrated when she was healty. I still think they are a good team and can make the state tournament but they have to play better. They picked the wrong time to not play well. I do believe that McNairy would have won if Crayton was healthy. No doubt 13AA is a tough district and I will not argue that. I don't think 12AA is better than 13AA but it is no slouch. Besides McNairy, Chester is really good and starting to hit their stride and I expect them to be in the boro. Liberty is also pretty good this year and Southside you never know what your going to get. They have beaten McNairy, Chester and didn't they beat Dyersburg last week? There's some good teams here and although I expect McNairy or Chester to win the district, Liberty or Southside could win it too. But if no one from 12AA can bring home the gold ball, I hope someone from West TN keeps it here. Good Luck to All West TN teams.

Your right. I hope someone from West Tenneessee can bring it home. If you look at last years finals, they were dominated by West Tennessee teams. I was not trying to say anything bad about Crayton. She is a good player and its terrible when something like that happens. Especially for the player, who put in so much time in practice to have their season end short. Good luck to your teams in tournaments.