Clay County vs VanBuren 2/13 on Mon

UCSportsFan

Speaking of throwing up prayers, what about the three pointer off the backboard. Van Buren did not shoot free throws that great either. The prayer that sent the game into overtime was all net with a defensive man from Clay County chest to chest with the shooter. Van Buren played to a 5 point loss on Clay's home court and won by 5 at Van Buren. Maybe Van Buren have a little something to do with the outcomes of both games.

It doesn't matter how it went in, the fact remains it did. VB won and that is it. It was a great game but i said it was a prayer because he actually had the ball behind his head if you could see the replay you would see what i was talking about. However none of that matters, it was a great game, someone had to lose unfortunately and i for one wish VB was still in this region as i would love to watch them and Clay Co. play again. Both teams have improved alot and i fully expect both to challenge for their perspective regional championships. The fact that Clay County was without one of their starters made a big difference in the game. If everyone remembers the first game #22 for Clay Co. (Tyler Kerr) hit 4 or 5 three pointers and had several rebounds during that game so not having him in the lineup definately made a difference. Take #12 out of the lineup for VB and what kind of game would it have been? However none of that matters, the game was played and the better team last night won, period. end of discussion. I will say one VERY bright point came out of this game and that was Saylor Walden's return to the living! He had 26 or 27 points last night and Godwin had 25 i believe, these are not exact figures but close. We definately need to get everyone on the team healthy and more involved including the big man down low and if we do that then Clay will be alot harder to defend! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter how it went in, the fact remains it did. VB won and that is it. It was a great game but i said it was a prayer because he actually had the ball behind his head if you could see the replay you would see what i was talking about. However none of that matters, it was a great game, someone had to lose unfortunately and i for one wish VB was still in this region as i would love to watch them and Clay Co. play again. Both teams have improved alot and i fully expect both to challenge for their perspective regional championships. The fact that Clay County was without one of their starters made a big difference in the game. If everyone remembers the first game #22 for Clay Co. (Tyler Kerr) hit 4 or 5 three pointers and had several rebounds during that game so not having him in the lineup definately made a difference. Take #12 out of the lineup for VB and what kind of game would it have been? However none of that matters, the game was played and the better team last night won, period. end of discussion. I will say one VERY bright point came out of this game and that was Saylor Walden's return to the living! He had 26 or 27 points last night and Godwin had 25 i believe, these are not exact figures but close. We definately need to get everyone on the team healthy and more involved including the big man down low and if we do that then Clay will be alot harder to defend! :lol:

Question???? Does it seem to anyone else that Clay County wins alot more games when the scoring is more evenly distributed. All 10-15, not a 27 and a 25, just wondering if anyone else noticed that? Seems they play much better when everyone scores, and maybe they should be focused on getting everyone points, although I am aware that Saylor had a GREAT shooting night.

Good Luck to the Dawgs during the Tourney's!