Coach's cussing @ kids?

cutie313

I need other parents's opinopns. I was at a game last night and during a timeout by the home team, I heard the coach yelling vulgarities at a 16 year old kid. I am not this child's parent so i realy cant complain much about him yelling at a kid. What i am complaining about is the fact that he yelled it on the court in front of the visiting teams fans. What kind of example does that set not only for our guests but also for the kids. I would like to point out that these were not "everyday" vulgarities. These had the "F" word and the "P" word. Is a coach allowed to use this language in a classroom setting? If all students (including players) that attend a game have to abide by school policies then why do the coaches get to break theirs?

Am i being overly critical, or do i have a right to be angry?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need other parents's opinopns. I was at a game last night and during a timeout by the home team, I heard the coach yelling vulgarities at a 16 year old kid. I am not this child's parent so i realy cant complain much about him yelling at a kid. What i am complaining about is the fact that he yelled it on the court in front of the visiting teams fans. What kind of example does that set not only for our guests but also for the kids. I would like to point out that these were not "everyday" vulgarities. These had the "F" word and the "P" word. Is a coach allowed to use this language in a classroom setting? If all students (including players) that attend a game have to abide by school policies then why do the coaches get to break theirs?

Am i being overly critical, or do i have a right to be angry?

THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEND ANYWHERE OR ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!NO COACH NO MATTER WHERE OR WHEN, IF YOU COACHING YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO MAKE THE PLAYER A BETTER PLAYER AND PERSON TEACHING THEM HOW TO PLAY AND THE MORALS OF THE GAME ON AND OFF THE COURT OR FIELD. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Using profane words with kids should never happen. Of course, in my opinion you shouldn't use them at all (with kids or adults).

Coach John Wooden won 10 NCAA National Championships in a 12 year period without screaming and acting like a jerk.

More and more, you see coaches stomping out of the coaching box, on the basketball floor, throwing off their jackets and sweaters, throwing water bottles and cussing up a storm.

Does this help the athletes play better? The answer is NO.

I am glad that i am not the only one that feels this way. I understand that you can not control a parent in the stands or a coach's wife. But you would think that at some point you could control your coaches!! Especially if your assistant is a minister!!!

Isn't it funny that are children spend more time with teachers and coaches than their own family yet are treated as poorly as they are. We all need to work together to raise our children to be good citizens. I would never use the "f" word or the "p" word in front of my children. But coaches use them on a daily basis.

To the coaches and administrators at all schools: I've got your back but who has mine?

Edited by cutie313

I kinda look at like this, If you can't take the heat stay out of the oven. Now if your team is on a church leage team its a different story.

I dont agree at at all. How does the league you play on make a difference? Schools have more of a moral obligation to their students/players than some Saturday league.

Parents in the stands can not be held accountable for their actions. It looks poorly on themsleves ONLY. Coaches on the court/field have more of a responsilbility representing their school than "Joe Blow Dad'" in the stands.

I dont agree at at all. How does the league you play on make a difference? Schools have more of a moral obligation to their students/players than some Saturday league.

Parents in the stands can not be held accountable for their actions. It looks poorly on themsleves ONLY. Coaches on the court/field have more of a responsilbility representing their school than "Joe Blow Dad'" in the stands.

NO WONDER SOME KIDS ARE LIKE THEY ARE THESEDAYS WHAT KINDA EXAMPLE ARE THEY SETTING . BY THE WAY I PLAY SOFTBALL IN A CHURCH LEAGUE SOME CUZZ MOST DON'T I THINK ANYONE SHOULD CUZZ IN FRONT OF A KID PERIOD