NEW AP TOP 10 IN 1A

commander1

No one has 2 give middle college anything because they earn it. They have not lost but 2 games since their christmas break. They bet Middleton by 20, Wayne County by 20. They still haven't got any credit in the ap top 10. We don't want it. They are a team that no one wants to play. Middeton only bet them albeit because of bad officating and Middleton gave up a twelve point lead with 2:32 left to play. So don't say who u won't see. Just wait and see. #1 under rated team in 1a.

I gave you credit for a tough out of district schedule but as far as district [ except Middleton] there isn't much competition. As far as top 10 they only look at records anyway. I just believe down the road the lack of playing good in state teams will hurt. B)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DW you are right ! Most of the people who put these "polls" together never see anyone out of their town or district play. All the see is records and opposition. Wish we could find an unbiased way to do rankings. Guess that is asking alot1 B)

If you'll notice, the contributing voters are sometimes (or usually) listed with the polls. There's a limited number of news organizations involved.

You're exactly right in that it is impossible for these voters to see all the teams they are casting votes for. In fact, depending on where they're working, they may never see a single one of the teams they are voting for play during the course of a season.

It's just the nature of the beast. The voters have to rely on records, reputations, traditions, and talking to other members of the media in casting their votes. While we may not agree with the rankings, we really ought to be glad they are even conducted. AP and the voters give the rest of us something to argue about until tournament time.

Too many teams and fans have found out the rankings mean nothing. The big trophies are brought home out on the floor, not on paper.

If you'll notice, the contributing voters are sometimes (or usually) listed with the polls. There's a limited number of news organizations involved.

You're exactly right in that it is impossible for these voters to see all the teams they are casting votes for. In fact, depending on where they're working, they may never see a single one of the teams they are voting for play during the course of a season.

It's just the nature of the beast. The voters have to rely on records, reputations, traditions, and talking to other members of the media in casting their votes. While we may not agree with the rankings, we really ought to be glad they are even conducted. AP and the voters give the rest of us something to argue about until tournament time.

Too many teams and fans have found out the rankings mean nothing. The big trophies are brought home out on the floor, not on paper.

DW we are certainly glad the games still have to be played! As we have seen just this week in some rivalries you can just throw records, rankings and every thing else out the window until the game is over. Certainly looking forward to these last few weeks, for bball junkies this is the best time of the year! B)

I use a combination of the W/L Rankings on Here and the Strength+Success Ratings.

For example if Team A and Team B are both 23-2 - but Team B has a Higher Strength+Success rating, I will rate them over Team A.

I find this process to be an alternative to the tedious comparisons of schedules, wins, losses, etc; which I hate to say - probably doesn't happen; considering the most of us in this profession make way, far less than those who are arguing over these choices.

I use a combination of the W/L Rankings on Here and the Strength+Success Ratings.

For example if Team A and Team B are both 23-2 - but Team B has a Higher Strength+Success rating, I will rate them over Team A.

I find this process to be an alternative to the tedious comparisons of schedules, wins, losses, etc; which I hate to say - probably doesn't happen; considering the most of us in this profession make way, far less than those who are arguing over these choices.

PT you are most likely one of the few who take time to do it the RIGHT way. And you have to understand if somebody else didn't make these choices, people like the rest of us would have absolutely to much time on our hands and wouldn't be able to have these great "discussions". Thanks for your hard work. :thumb: