Freshman

philip2003

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Sonny Boy go to school. I have never heard of him, I mean as a freshman throwing in the 90's is unheard of and there would be alot more hype about him State-wide. You can throw 90, not have a clue and be an ineffective pitcher so I have to see it to believe it!

Where have you been? he had an ERA of 0.00 in district play until the last week of districts. He has plenty of hype TRUST me a lot of baseball people have known about him for a long time and not just last year. He was really good in middle school and even before he is a really good short stop too.

Sonny Gray can thorw 90+ & he demonstrated this several times during his freshmen season. He stayed around 87 but could run it up to 90 or 91 when he needed to. Let's hope that Sonny does not get injuried from over use like Michael Main (Deland, FL and one of the top 07 players in the country that hit 96 pitching for Team USA against Cuba) did after his freshmen season. He had to stop pitching his sophmore season for rehab.

Edited by cbg

Where have you been? he had an ERA of 0.00 in district play until the last week of districts. He has plenty of hype TRUST me a lot of baseball people have known about him for a long time and not just last year. He was really good in middle school and even before he is a really good short stop too.

Sorry to correct you, but he lost his .000 ERA against Beech when he got shelled for about 7 earned runs in one of the games last season - coincidentally right after the Tennessean newspaper article came out. Everybody has an off day. Don't get me wrong, this kid is the REAL DEAL and he's got a heck of a career ahead of him. He will definitely be a force to contend with AGAIN this year. B)

I was wanting to get by and check out Sonny Gray myself. Can anyone from Smyrna list their schedule for this year? Does Smyrna play any of the local teams this spring? I would like to see how he matches up against the Boro teams, especially Riverdale.

You'll just get to confirm what everyone else here has said - he's the REAL DEAL and a great kid on top of that. You won't be disappointed. <_<

I find it hard to beleive a freshman is throwing 85+. If they are that's great but it's bad to hype a kid up that doesn't throw exactly what everyone says. The hardest I've seen a 15 year old throw was 80. He was from Anderson County High School.

what was the kids name and what year did he play that you saw throw 80 as a freshman?