Greeneville coasts over Science Hill

KardzGuy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played but didn't score. Rest assured that if Forney didn't play, the Science Hill fans would be all over that as an excuse.

I attended last nights game at Greenville and I must say that you guys have a great team in Greenville. But I do agree with Cap when he said any team is vulnerable at any time. Something that SHHS has to do is be consitent which they have had some trouble with this season. I think a big part of the lack of consistancy has to do with Coach Cutlip. It doesnt make sense to me why our starting line up isnt as follows

TURNER

WATTAD

FORNEY

LAUDERBACK

CROWDER

Also, why would you sit a player for a good bit of the 2nd half (AKA Crowder) when he has been dominant in the post almost all night.

As to the comment about Forney, he is a great player, when he wants to be. Ever since the away Volunteer game if you look at his STATS and have also seen him play, you can only wonder what happened to him since the beginning of the season. Hopefully he can pull it together for tournament time.

Once again congratulations to Greenville last night and we hope that both of us make it to regions so we can play once again. The rematch would be great.

What the heck do "recent transfers" have to do with school size and playing up? People change jobs and relocate their families all the time. I am sure there are plenty of transfer students in various sports all over East TN. Why is it such a big deal that these kids parents relocated to Greeneville? It has been listed as one of the 100 best small towns in America. Who wouldn't want to raise their kids in a great little town like Greeneville (or JC or Blountville or Maryville or just about any place up here in God's country) Greeneville plays up because all of their biggest rivals are in a higher classification. A good rivalry makes everyone better. I hope this one with SH continues for a very long time.

Barb,

You seem to know much about Greenville sports. I have a serious question. If I were to move to Greene County but live in a zone for Chucky Doak, or North, West, or South Greene high school, could I take my outstanding boy or girl athlete to Greenville high school without any penalty. Could I do that, or possibly pay a tuition fee, or would I have to settle for him/her playing for a lesser program like West Greene?

Thanks in advance.

Barb,

You seem to know much about Greenville sports. I have a serious question. If I were to move to Greene County but live in a zone for Chucky Doak, or North, West, or South Greene high school, could I take my outstanding boy or girl athlete to Greenville high school without any penalty. Could I do that, or possibly pay a tuition fee, or would I have to settle for him/her playing for a lesser program like West Greene?

Thanks in advance.

If you lived in the county and you transfered from in state you would have to pay tuition, and the player would be inelligable for one year as in tssaa-out of state transfers are elligble.

Barb,

Thanks in advance.

Thats easy for me to answer because we lived in the county when my daughter was in school and paid tuition for her to attend the city system. At the time, we felt the city schools had more to offer in the way of academics and arts. Of course the county schools have made vast improvement in these areas. I am sure there are parents who pay tuition to send their kids to town for athletics but there are just as many who send theirs to another county school for the same reason and there is no tuition. The only requirement for cross-county enrollment is you need transportation.

Many counties have open enrollment policies. It happens more frequently in counties where some schools are better than others. In Sevier County , for example, GP was tops academically for many years, while Sevier County excelled in sports. With their enrollment policy it was simple to place your child in the system that best suited their particular talent. You may have noticed both schools have been on the decline athletically since Pigeon Forge and Seymour have developed their programs.

Personally, I feel fortunate to have had those kind of choices for my child.

I attended last nights game at Greenville and I must say that you guys have a great team in Greenville. But I do agree with Cap when he said any team is vulnerable at any time. Something that SHHS has to do is be consitent which they have had some trouble with this season. I think a big part of the lack of consistancy has to do with Coach Cutlip. It doesnt make sense to me why our starting line up isnt as follows

TURNER

WATTAD

FORNEY

LAUDERBACK

CROWDER

Also, why would you sit a player for a good bit of the 2nd half (AKA Crowder) when he has been dominant in the post almost all night.

As to the comment about Forney, he is a great player, when he wants to be. Ever since the away Volunteer game if you look at his STATS and have also seen him play, you can only wonder what happened to him since the beginning of the season. Hopefully he can pull it together for tournament time.

Once again congratulations to Greenville last night and we hope that both of us make it to regions so we can play once again. The rematch would be great.

Once again...I agree. How can the coach keep Crowder out when Greeneville had no answer for him. It may have not been a usual night, but last night he was the most dominant player on the floor. I didn't say the most talented, but definately the most dominant. No one stopped him all night.

Barb,

Thanks in advance.

Anyone who lives in Greene County can go to Greeneville City Schools if they choose to do so. In order to go to city schools you must pay city taxes; if you are not paying city taxes then you must pay tuition. This is the case for near 20% of Greenville's students. The same works vice versa; If you live in the city you can go to county schools if you choos to do so.

Anyone who lives in Greene County can go to Greeneville City Schools if they choose to do so. In order to go to city schools you must pay city taxes; if you are not paying city taxes then you must pay tuition. This is the case for near 20% of Greenville's students. The same works vice versa; If you live in the city you can go to county schools if you choos to do so.

I might also add that anyone from OUTSIDE the county may also attend at a higher tuition rate of $1400.

I might also add that anyone from OUTSIDE the county may also attend at a higher tuition rate of $1400.

Thanks to all for the replies. I live in Hamblen County and if you are zoned for West you go to West and the same holds true for East, and trust me they check, especially if you play sports. Needless to say I would assume that Greenville gets the cream of the crop of the athletes in Greene County since they usually have the best sports programs, which allows them to be competitive in 4A football, and 3A basketball although with a total enrollment of less than 900 students they could play down if they wanted.

Edited by no kiddin

Thanks to all for the replies. I live in Hamblen County and if you are zoned for West you go to West and the same holds true for East, and trust me they check, especially if you play sports. Needless to say I would assume that Greenville gets the cream of the crop of the athletes in Greene County since they usually have the best sports programs, which allows them to be competitive in 4A football, and 3A basketball although with a total enrollment of less than 900 students they could play down if they wanted.

To my understanding, the only county player on the Greeneville Varsity basketball squad is Seth Ottinger. He is a junior, not a starter, and gets very little playing time. Though I do think he could be a starter on any of the 4 county squads.

I believe South Greene gets the lion's share of the county's athletes.