Mcminn Central Over Cleveland

mayspeed

is hard to beat the home team

Especially if the home team is McMinn Central girls! Check out their record. They have pretty much beaten everyone @ home that they lost to on the road.

As a Central fan once stated, "good wins on the road." Can't wait to see where the road leads during tourney.

Edited by Lovethisgame

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite dissapointed in the referees last night. #15 should have been kicked out of the game after the 2nd foul. Every time I have seen this girl play, she comes off the bench like she just got her hand slapped in a tag-team wrestling match. She has absolutely no sportsmanship whatsoever. She is nothing but a street brawler looking to hurt anyone who gets within a foot of her. And may God help anyone who should block one of her shots. My daughter played against her during an AAu game when she was in the 8th or 9th grade and I watched her throw our point guard into the bleachers. I have thought for a long time that this girl should be banned from playing basketball or any sport before someone gets seriously hurt.

Before pointing at someone else's faults, you should assess your own teams brawling issues. Central has a whole team of brawlers and they get away with it at home.

Edited by Lovethisgame

Especially if the home team is McMinn Central girls! Check out their record. They have pretty much beaten everyone @ home that they lost to on the road.

As a Central fan once stated, "good wins on the road." Can't wait to see where the road leads during tourney.

That is the hotest gym ever, that is a huge advantage for them. Absolutley no air circulation at all!

Humm, Lost on the road......... Won at home......... same teams........

Sounds pretty even to me.

But anyway, Tellico, Meigs, Central and Tyner all play "Aggressively". That is what you have to do these days. First two minuets of the game, read how the refs are calling and then play at that level. You can be #1 in your district if you are like Tellico, agressive AND smart. B)

Humm, Lost on the road......... Won at home......... same teams........

Sounds pretty even to me.

But anyway, Tellico, Meigs, Central and Tyner all play "Aggressively". That is what you have to do these days. First two minuets of the game, read how the refs are calling and then play at that level. You can be #1 in your district if you are like Tellico, agressive AND smart. :rolleyes:

When Central played at Sequoyah in the girls and boys game, there were about 50 fouls for "charges" called. It got to be a joke for both teams, because every foul they called would be charge. I have never seen anything like it before. In fact I think one of the central boys fouled out with 5 charges.

The refs this year have either - gone overboard with fouls or don't call fouls and let the players get killed.

I can't believe that anyone involved with the McMinn fire or the Central Freshmen would talk about another team being dirty or too physical. The Central Freshmen / McMinn Fire group have a reputation for playing that way. So just understand that when someone does it back no ones feeling sorry for that group. And 50 fouls shots would seem like the refs must been calling fouls on the Cleveland players even when they were on the bench and already fouled out.

When you come back from that large a hole at home and have that many fouls called I don't think crying about the refs and the other team seem logical.

I can't believe that anyone involved with the McMinn fire or the Central Freshmen would talk about another team being dirty or too physical. The Central Freshmen / McMinn Fire group have a reputation for playing that way. So just understand that when someone does it back no ones feeling sorry for that group. And 50 fouls shots would seem like the refs must been calling fouls on the Cleveland players even when they were on the bench and already fouled out.

When you come back from that large a hole at home and have that many fouls called I don't think crying about the refs and the other team seem logical.

WOW, it always goes back to McMinn Fire. Is that a Junior High School in McMinn County? The reality is that when a AA squad defeats a AAA squad when the result of the first game between the two was a 40 pt. win for the AAA team, there always seems to be an incredible amount backlash from the defeated team. Comments like "the game doesn't matter" or "you got all the calls" begin to surface. I believe that when you win, that is THE ONLY time you should state complaints about officiating. Otherwise, it is the epitome of losing sorely.

In the end, only one question should be asked and that is this: "Do the Cleveland Lady Raiders need to drive 600+ plus miles to the Windy City to suffer a loss or could they just simply travel 38 miles to Englewood to chalk up that L?" Sometimes high expecations breed underachievement.

Oh yes, and let us not mistake defensive intensity for "dirty" play. Get tougher, I'm sure Chicago expected it.

Edited by atn301

WOW, it always goes back to McMinn Fire. Is that a Junior High School in McMinn County? The reality is that when a AA squad defeats a AAA squad when the result of the first game between the two was a 40 pt. win for the AAA team, there always seems to be an incredible amount backlash from the defeated team. Comments like "the game doesn't matter" or "you got all the calls" begin to surface. I believe that when you win, that is THE ONLY time you should state complaints about officiating. Otherwise, it is the epitome of losing sorely.

In the end, only one question should be asked and that is this: "Do the Cleveland Lady Raiders need to drive 600+ plus miles to the Windy City to suffer a loss or could they just simply travel 38 miles to Englewood to chalk up that L?" Sometimes high expecations breed underachievement.

Oh yes, and let us not mistake defensive intensity for "dirty" play. Get tougher, I'm sure Chicago expected it.

I'm glad you set me straight if it were not for the Blue Nation we would all not have a clue as regards Bball, but luckily we have you to keep us all in line.

By the way I could care less whether CHS or MCHS wins the game.

However It was posts by those of the Blue talking about CHS and identifying players by specific numbers and claiming that they were dirty players.

Again the group of Freshmen /or Fire players have a reputation for playing beyond just physical play so don't post here crying about that!

Anyway good luck to both teams in their districts!

Edited by SETNsports

I'm glad you set me straight if it were not for the Blue Nation we would all not have a clue as regards Bball, but luckily we have you to keep us all in line.

However It was posts by those of the Blue talking about CHS and identifying players by specific numbers and claiming that they were dirty players.

Again the group of Freshmen /or Fire players have a reputation for playing beyond just physical play so don't post here crying about that!

McMinn Fire, McMinn Fire......... What the heck is McMinn Fire? Do these girls ride in on a red truck with flashing lights just before the game or something? Run in slinging axes and picks? Sounds like I would not want to meet them in a dark gym.

I want to take this opportunity to do some more of the "setting straight." I'm not a member of this "Blue Nation" of which you speak, and I do appreciate you approving my post by stressing that you "could care less whether CHS or MCHS wins the game."

Beyond that, the post in reference to the "dirty play" of number 15 was indeed uncalled for. However, it is a great fallacy to express your dismay with another's argument by attempting to say that the opposing side has a similar tendency, in this instance, for "dirty play." That is not unlike saying that it is OK to rob a bank because it's been done before.

How was Chicago? Was there any "dirty play" there? Was the officiating pristine?

I want to take this opportunity to do some more of the "setting straight." I'm not a member of this "Blue Nation" of which you speak, and I do appreciate you approving my post by stressing that you "could care less whether CHS or MCHS wins the game."

Beyond that, the post in reference to the "dirty play" of number 15 was indeed uncalled for. However, it is a great fallacy to express your dismay with another's argument by attempting to say that the opposing side has a similar tendency, in this instance, for "dirty play." That is not unlike saying that it is OK to rob a bank because it's been done before.

How was Chicago? Was there any "dirty play" there? Was the officiating pristine?

Chicago was great but my memory of it is getting a little fuzzy since I nor any of my family has been there in about 3 years. I should have a buisness trip there this year though. Is there a restraunt that you would like me to visit since you seem to have some hangup on Chicago.

Your not getting Chicago and Cleveland confused are you, though Cleveland and Chicago are both large northern cities they are some distance apart, and yes there is a much smaller Cleveland in this area. I'm not sure if there are any "dirty plays " in Chicago currently you might check the net since you are in to that kind of thing. Not sure there is anything pristine in Chicago, but you seem to be more involved and interested in Chicago than I!

This game really didn't matter, I don't care if I prove your point or not. What did it mean? Nothing right? You got the "W" congrats, but open up your eyes and see that there were alot of unneccessary fouls called, both ways. Seemed like they was calling fouls everytime down the court, I mean come on let the kids play. And yea Cleveland flew 600+ miles to the windy city, who would drive that far for a couple of basketball games? and they actually could of won both of those games. They didn't just drive down their to get losses, they had alot of fun and they went to a Bulls game against the Nuggets. So, for these Central fans, take the win and be happy, just remember that 50 is your lucky number. :thumb: