Obion Co. Central Rebels

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

BARRY JONES (who guided Sycamore high school to the substate every year that he was the head coach there and they had a senior class) :thumb:

Congrats to Obion Central on a huge win last night. I've read some of the comments made about coach Jones on here throughout the year and some of them in all honesty were comical to say the least. Do you all know what else has been comical in recent years?????? The basketball program at Obion Co. Central High School in Troy, TN.

Needless to say that is now in the past. Last night in his first yearat the helm of the men's basketball program at Obion Central coach Jones locked up a spot for the team in the regionals. Now had anyone had said that a young basketball team that had went a combined 9-45 each of the past two seasons would turn around and beat the same team this year that knocked them out of the district tourney last year and get to the regionals you all would have died of laughter back in November.

Apparently those same people don't know Barry Jones. He built a program at Sycamore from the floor up (and I mean that literally) and took a bunch of sophomores and juniors to the regionals back in 2000-2001. Those next three years when he had seniors on the floor Sycamore was always one of the top AA basketball programs in the midstate area. The reason for their success this year is that the coach is a spitting image of coach Jones (that being one Brian Farmer).

I just hope that you people truly know how much of a success this season has truly been at Obion Co. Central High School. They are a young team that will now get some big game tournament experience and from here on out they are winners no matter what happens when they step out onto the floor. I said back when Barry Jones was hired at Obion that this would be the move that brings the basketball program over there back to glory. They've taken small steps down a tough road this season but last night's district tournament win over Gibson Co. was the biggest step of them all up to this point and I couldn't be prouder or happier for the school, those young men, and especially Barry Jones and his family.

NEXT UP: #1 seeded Dyersbrug :D

I can tell by this post and some in the past that you are a great supporter of Coach Jones, I am afraid to say but chargies have been file and he has 10 days to appeal. I will strongly agree with you on his coaching ablities and he has brought this YOUNG team a LONG way. I do congradulate the REBELS on a great win. Atheltic DIR. Auther Moss is doing the Head coaching with the help of Mason Storey. Practice like you were in a championship game REBELS!!!! B)

I can tell by this post and some in the past that you are a great supporter of Coach Jones, I am afraid to say but chargies have been file and he has 10 days to appeal. I will strongly agree with you on his coaching ablities and he has brought this YOUNG team a LONG way. I do congradulate the REBELS on a great win. Atheltic DIR. Auther Moss is doing the Head coaching with the help of Mason Storey. Practice like you were in a championship game REBELS!!!! :lol:

There playn better with the athletic director coachn them than the head coach jones.If jones had coachd last nite they would have lost.He is not that good of coach.He can coach in east and middle tenn.were there are a lot of weak teams but not in the powerhouse of basketball,west tenn.Congratulations obion on the win last nite and i will be rooting for ya.

Guest catfish-hunter

There playn better with the athletic director coachn them than the head coach jones.If jones had coachd last nite they would have lost.He is not that good of coach.He can coach in east and middle tenn.were there are a lot of weak teams but not in the powerhouse of basketball,west tenn.Congratulations obion on the win last nite and i will be rooting for ya.

That's the most ignorant statement I've ever read on CoachT :lol:

That's the most ignorant statement I've ever read on CoachT B)

yeah, to say that Coach Jones had nothing to do with the success of the team is silly. The conditioning program that the guys went through back in the summer and into the fall always comes into play for games like this past Tuesday night.

With low numbers and not much depth, it was key for the Rebels to be in good condition, have their legs for four quarters and were able to put Gibson Co. away.

The hard work ethic, determination and a lot of heart in these young men was instilled in them by Coach Jones who wants nothing but the best for this team ..

I hope the matter is resolved for all parties involved and again wish for the best for the Coach and his family. B)

That's the most ignorant statement I've ever read on CoachT :lol:

I can get a team and run for 12 months,dont mean im going to win a bball game if i cant coach. The team is playn better without him cause they are a lot looser.Face it,from what i heard, the athletic director is sittn in but mason storey is practicing the team and really doing the coachn.So a senior in high school is out coachn him.He hasnt done anything to turn the program around.The teams they were losing to in the season when he was coachn they are beatn now with mason coachn.So whatever school u from u can come get jones to coach your team cause his days in west tn are OVER.

Announcements