What School Has The Best All Around Athletic Program?

Football Fan1

Very biased opinion her but as far as men's athletics I believe in 1A Freindship.

Football- only lose to Trousdale [ eventual state champs]

Baseball- lost in state to Goodpasture [ eventual state champs]

Basketball- right now 24-3 ???

I think in in bigger schools Alcoa is a pretty good choice. B)

Alcoa is AA there not a big shcool. Otherwise I agree.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually our basketball teams HAVE BEEN TO STATE in girls i was told we lost to warren county in 79 in the state championship game i do not know if that info is correct or not but i do know our boys went to state in the 80s with tim and leon corder a long with several other good players

thanks for informing me, i worded my post wrong i did think we had gone to state in bball before but wasnt sure. ive heard alot about tims team, too bad his son adarius decided to leave his dads alma-mater and go to his rival school oakland lol

• 11 months later...

As of the 2006 school year, i would have to say Goodpasture, as they finished in the Final Four in the state in basketball, baseball, and appeared in the state championship in football.... Not to mention the softball team's 4-peat as state champions, and the golf team holding the state title, and the volleyball team making numerous appearances in the state tournament...

Why are we just using three sports? Why not use all of them to see which is better and more rounded. A school that wins 2 state football titles in a row but with nothing else will get a couple votes by you people. But a school that wins state titles in several other sports during the year may not get any votes.

I think Oak Ridge would be a good choice.

Good football program always. I've heard a lot about their men's bball team. I haven't heard anything about women's... Their XC team will be in the running (no pun intended) to go to nationals next year.

• 4 weeks later...