east literature vs white house heritage

timbdp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rescheduled for friday night, at heritage. most of heritage's team has got the flu, and are recovering from it. should be a good game...any opinions on the outcome?

This game was scheduled for Thursday night as i understand. The Coach for WHH insisted they change the date due to some of the players being ill. Seems a little bit strange to insist a date change due to a player being sick or injured ...just part of the game. Hats off to East Literature for agreeing to making that change....not sure they really had to agree to that . I am sure there will be plenty of people from WHH upset with this post but just my personal opinion that its "bush league" for Petrone to have whined his way out of original date for this reason. Every team has to deal with illness and injury when competing ...WHH should be no different.

This game was scheduled for Thursday night as i understand. The Coach for WHH insisted they change the date due to some of the players being ill. Seems a little bit strange to insist a date change due to a player being sick or injured ...just part of the game. Hats off to East Literature for agreeing to making that change....not sure they really had to agree to that . I am sure there will be plenty of people from WHH upset with this post but just my personal opinion that its "bush league" for Petrone to have whined his way out of original date for this reason. Every team has to deal with illness and injury when competing ...WHH should be no different.

Ditto.

I know that East Lit is in the running for finishing first in the regular season, but how does this district stand now? Will first place come down to this game tonight? How do East Robertson and Jo Byrns fit in this mix? I heard that the coaches couldn't complete a tourney bracket at their meeting because so much was still up in the air. Is this true?

Edited by irishfan1

irishfan1,

The answer to your question is TRUE. Because of WHH changing the game to Friday night the boys bracket can't be decided until after the outcome of tonight's game. And even then, depending on who wins, the bracket may/will have to be decided by a coin flip.

It is the most screwed up situation this fan has ever heard of. All of this could have been settled today if WHH had played the game last night as scheduled. BUT now we may not know until Saturday.

Bush league? I prefer this one - NCAA --> NO CLASS AT ALL!!!

irishfan1,

The answer to your question is TRUE. Because of WHH changing the game to Friday night the boys bracket can't be decided until after the outcome of tonight's game. And even then, depending on who wins, the bracket may/will have to be decided by a coin flip.

It is the most screwed up situation this fan has ever heard of. All of this could have been settled today if WHH had played the game last night as scheduled. BUT now we may not know until Saturday.

Ditto

irishfan1,

Nice to see I'm not alone in my thinking that WHH was wrong in changing this game. Its so obvious to everyone who is following this district that they wanted to wait and see who was left after last nights games. Also to give them one more day for everyone to get well on this team. No way to justify being that ( i'll say it again) "bush league" by a coach who should know better. Heritage fans should be embarassed by his behavior.

The way I understand things currently.

1. East Robertson @ 13-3

2. East Literature @ 12-3

2. WH Heritage @ 12-3

4. NCS @ 10-6

4. Jo Byrns @ 10-6 ??

Not really sure after that other than Clarksville academy playing Houston County at Houston County tonight. I think this is a "play-in" game to even out the tournament. So i take it they are the bottom two teams. Its hard to keep up when schools don't report their scores on time. Either way this is a bit time mess for tournament people for sure. If anyone else has a better take on how this all stands today please post and let us know the story.

Thanks for your help, red devil. It seems that the rumors we heard were true about the mess the boys' bracket is in. And yes, Houston County is playing in a "play in" game tonight at home at 7:00 against Clarksville Academy. I don't understand why WHH couldn't just go on and play last night. Like someone on one post said, injuries and illness are just part of the game. You take your chance every day that your team will be healthy. No sense using that as a reason to postpone a game. Just play and let the chips fall where they may. Just my opinion and nothing more. Best of luck to all teams in 10A during the tourney!

Sounds fishy to me as well. How many games would the schedule be behind if everytime a player had a runny nose and couldn't play, that another school was asked to play a different night? That's why you carry more than 5 players on your roster.