Oliver Springs Boys Hit Century Mark

catback

Listen I'm not saying that OS was classless for running up the score on us but i don't appreciate the last minute blitz of scoring by OS. we had 5 8th graders out there and OS was playing like they were down 10. pushing the ball and shooting threes and playing very tight defense against 8th graders. but theres no use whining about it they just plain beat us. and yes Matthew is going to be a very good player in high school. He has one of the biggest hearts on the team and is not intimidated by anyone.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were pushing the ball and playing pressure defense against eighth graders...Then yes they ran up the score...There's nothing wrong with it when it's you dishing it out. Reverse the roles and see if your opinion changes...As I said before, what comes around, goes around. Your kids will play someone on Senior night one day, and I guess you will be so understanding.

Higgens is a great player and a great kid. Reminds me of Nate Robinson in the dunk contest tonight; He never gives up and will work extremely hard and one of these days all that hard work is gonna pay off. OS scoring 100+ doesn't mean they ran the score up. No offense at all to Sunbright but it makes absolutly no sense to put in an 8th grade team to play a high school team. AND WHAT makes it worse is that the 8th grade team couldn't even get close to OS's 8th grade team. I've seen the 8th grade team play and that is quiet stupid of the coach to put them in against a much bigger faster stronger older, More expereinced team in OS.

Higgens is a great player and a great kid. Reminds me of Nate Robinson in the dunk contest tonight; He never gives up and will work extremely hard and one of these days all that hard work is gonna pay off. OS scoring 100+ doesn't mean they ran the score up. No offense at all to Sunbright but it makes absolutly no sense to put in an 8th grade team to play a high school team. AND WHAT makes it worse is that the 8th grade team couldn't even get close to OS's 8th grade team. I've seen the 8th grade team play and that is quiet stupid of the coach to put them in against a much bigger faster stronger older, More expereinced team in OS.

It is called resting your players phillip. We had a game the next night at Jellico and was suppose to play again saturday in the district tournament there was no use in playing our starters the 4th quarter and risk one of us getting hurt in a already out of reach game. So if you ask me it was smart coaching on Coach perkins part by playing 8th graders considering we only got 7 players that get a significant amount of playing time. and if pushing the ball off of a rebound and playing 3/4 pressure defense isn't running up the score I don't know what is. But what do I know i'm just a basketball player not a basketball expert like phillip here.

Edited by rufus22

I understand the playing your 8th graders to rest your starters. But If your gonna play a team that finished 3rd in the county tourny in Middle school, Dont whine about gettin beat and givin up 100 to an unbeleivably talented team like Os. Pretty bad when ya gotta dis me for stating something that is true. I agree with goose. The OS Jv team could give Sunbright's starters a good game. I do apologize to Sunbright though cause they have had a tough year and it's sad to see a team give up a 100 that is as talented as sunbright. Next year will be completely different. Best of luck in the tourny rufus, and sunbright. :D