Maryville Snubbed by PrepXtra top 10

MRFan4U

Agree good post. He must be a coach. I think he is saying Maryville better play as a team and not individuals in order to keep winning. Especially since the POLLS on Coacht say

[color=#3366FF]95% are picking Bearden to win[/color]

Maryville has their work cut out for them. Seems like 95% think Maryville's beating Bearden in the district was a fluke. The 5% must be from Maryville.

But will they be able to stop White,Sibley and Ware?

Bearden should win this one by ~20 as they did against Halls, unless Maryville plays as a unified team. For some reason most don't think Maryville is for real or has a chance.

Maryville should be loose since the pressure is on Bearden and it's 3 guards to perform.

I guess you haven't paid attention to the scores this year in the Bearden vs Maryville match-ups. Beaerden wins the first game rather easily before the football players are back. In the second game MHS leads virtually the full game and loses by 2 at the end. Of course the last game MHS wins.

Another note.....MHS blew out Oak Ridge in their only meeting this year. If Maryville plays well they win versus Bearden regardless of Bearden's game. The good part for Bearden is that MHS doesn't play well most games. This is one they will need to if they are to win.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously.....cry me a river. No skills....just knock them down?.....LOL sad and pathetic.

BTW I enjoyed the reaction of that little guard throwing a fit and kicking chairs after the game. He then had to be restrained by an adult. He wasn't the only either....Niiiiiiiiiiice

thats just how clinton acts; they always have. would you really expect anything else? like i said before, no discipline. thats one thing that i can say about a rodney nelson bball team, they will have discipline and act appropriately or the wont stay around long. he is like the bobby knight of east tenn bball. he puts up with nothing, and what he says goes. thats what it takes to build good teams and better young men. too bad clinton, and i dont think that you will have a chance to get them back over the next couple of years. there team is loaded with young talent and yours is not! better luck 5 years from now.

What is so great about Basketball is that any given team can win on any given night..ie UK over UT last night. I think tonights game between Maryville and Bearden should be the best one yet this year. It has the most importance of any of the three other games that have been played to this point. One team's strenght is the others weakness and vice versa. If the Bulldogs are hitting their shots from the outside and are playing their up tempo style that they are acustomed to, the I favor Bearden in this one. However, if the Bulldogs are missing, then I think the advantage goes to the Rebels. The Rebels are huge inside and can dominate the boards. If sure would have been nice if Bearden would have been able to have kept Aaron Douglas at Bearden. Either way it will be a great game and 4-AAA will be represented well in the Substate and hopefully the state. Good luck to both teams!!!

Good post and I agree. Thought Aaron came to Maryville from Webb. He is a beast under the board and is just now gettting his BB legs. Aaron broke his foot in the State Championship BB game.

I think he did come from Webb...my bad. But it still would have been nice to have him at Bearden for Bball and Football. I wish I were able to be at the game tonight but don't get off work till 7 pm. I wish that it were on the radio? does anyone know if it is?

Seriously.....cry me a river. No skills....just knock them down?.....LOL sad and pathetic.

BTW I enjoyed the reaction of that little guard throwing a fit and kicking chairs after the game. He then had to be restrained by an adult. He wasn't the only either....Niiiiiiiiiiice

I don't know why he was so upset. Considering that is the first time in four years Dye has blown his cool, I would say he was simply mad at the way things have played out for him. After all, he has been to state or substate 3 years in a row, playing as a freshmen, then as a senior he gets literally knocked down at mid court when all he had to do was protect the ball for 18 seconds. Instead, a "trap" was played in which he had to be knocked to the floor in order to jar the ball so it could be "stolen" from him. Not much to get mad about by the "little undisciplined guard" except he is has been widely known and publisized in regional newspapers as "veins of ice" because of his coolness. No reason to get upset at all !

The play I thought was showing coolness was the big duffis (Douglas ?) can't understand why he would get a tech called on him when he knocked a player down, stepped all over him with his size 18 stompers, taunted him while stomping on him on the floor, and then whines about getting the tech called. Yeah now that is excellent discipline there from the big guy as if anyone in the entire gym were big enough to respond back !

Course, it was the cool Dye who stepped up to shoot the technicals and made them both.

Actually, I don't "enjoy" seeing any of that sort of stuff. I would rather just see good basketball. Football doesn't start until the fall.