Maryville Snubbed by PrepXtra top 10

MRFan4U

this might be the best set of region games that i have seen in a long time. should be an exciting week. most of these games are toss ups. i will say that bearden or OR might be the favorites, but you cant count out anyone. WB and Maryville are sleepers and , but i think that either one can win it all. who know about clinton? if they were more disciplined, they might be one of the favorites. but, as it is, the just run around and throw up bad shots. if dye gets hot though, watch out, they could win it. i doubt it though. halls has had a great year and can light it up on any given night. sharp is a competitor and will make sure that his team is ready to play after being embarrassed the other night. cant wait to watch these games, should be the best around!

Ok how can u say that if Dye gets hot they might have a chance, buddy if dye gets hot YOU HAVE NO CHANCE, and if Dixon gets hot, well bless the little Maryville Senoirs going home after the but kicking they recieved in their last game

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville was not snubbed. Just crazy subs at bad times by the coach. They can beat Clinton inside and that should be the difference tonight. hopefuly that will make up for all the bad choices by the point guard in the district championship.

Yeh dheat agree with you, point guards can lose sight of their mission. That is why Lee was so great, he was as great a passer and team player as he was a shooter. Look at the points to assist ratio and that should tell you something. No one was as unselfish as Lee, a real team player.

Good luck to all teams playing tonight. It should almost be halftime of the first game between Halls and Bearden. It's killing me to be at work right now and not know what the score is or how the game is going. If Bearden came to play today and they are hitting their shots from outside, I would hope that they are winning the game. I just hope that the Red Devils don't end the Bulldogs season like they did a few years back. By the way Tony White is the best point guard in Knoxville....PERIOD!!!

My money is on the T n T's , Tyler,Tate and Tucker since they were not even mentioned on unapproved website all region team, yet every 3AAA team had one member on the first team and Clinton (tonights game) had two, Dye and Dixon (on the first team). By the way Clinton was the only team with two so they must be real strong?

TPrephoops all region picks

Tony White Jr.-Bearden (MVP)

Cameron Sharp-Knoxville Halls

Grant Domsic-Oak Ridge

Steve Pearl-Knoxville West

Keith Bauer-Heritage

Jonathan Dye-Clinton

Chris Connor-Powell

Rande Sibley-Bearden

Jordan Dixon-Clinton

Honorable Mention

B.J. Ware-Bearden

Lateef Michael-Knoxville West

Josh Hilbert-William Blount

Quinche Dowdell-Oak Ridge

Lee Smith-Powell

James Feezel-Sevier County

B.J. Browning-Farragut

Kent Basile-Maryville

Brandon McGill-Knoxville Central

Michael Hermasillo-Karn

Jordan Glasgow-William Blount

Maryville gets snubbed again and I think the TnT's have something to prove tonight and the rest of the region tournament. Douglas ,Brown, West and Damron etc will be ready too as will be Basile the token honorable mention. Hopefully the all region team will be after the tournament and reflect head to head competition and not just stats. There is more to basketball than points scored...........how about rebounds,assists, steals and the often overlooked good defense? You might need to attend more than a few games to see the difference. Like I said before Maryville is a very dangerous foe from here on out. Get ready for the 3 tigers (T N T's) to come out of their cage in the regions.

I for one, do not take anything to heart concerning the Prep Extra trash. The poolis all about politcs and who knows who. Team championships are won by team players. The Knottsville Prep Extra thing is a closed minded view of area athletics in all sports.

Congratz to the MHS Basketball team on the season.

Maryville was not snubbed. Just crazy subs at bad times by the coach. They can beat Clinton inside and that should be the difference tonight. hopefuly that will make up for all the bad choices by the point guard in the district championship.

Sounds personal DHeat. While I agree the PG makes bad decisions at times let me assure you they would not be where they are without him. His back-up does a lot of the same so what would you suggest? Both contribute at different levels so all you can do is coach and hope for the best. Both have had their fair share of contributions in the team's successes.

Sounds personal DHeat. While I agree the PG makes bad decisions at times let me assure you they would not be where they are without him. His back-up does a lot of the same so what would you suggest? Both contribute at different levels so all you can do is coach and hope for the best. Both have had their fair share of contributions in the team's successes.

Not personal, i don't have any kids of my own. there PG has all the talent in the world and I just noticed that the games i've watched this year that he can make some carzy plays and then lok like a world beater the next time down the floor. I do believe that Damron is a better shooter but does not have the same quickness. i think you just want your point guard any point guard making good decisions. In the district championship he went head first into a double team with Basile open in the corner for a three. We got the call, but it could have easily gone the other way. I thought on that night they were better when he was not on the floor.

I do believe that Damron is a better shooter but does not have the same quickness.

Not even close. Prior to three games ago Maples was shooting an incredible 63% from beyond the three point line. Has went down some since that point but still at an incredible pace considering he averages 4 or 5 attempts a game. Jordan has shot the ball a littler better of late but misses badly too often. Last night with 40 seconds to go and down by 2 Jordan launched an ill advised 25 footer and missed badly. Bad decisions will deminish as he matures, he is just a sophomore, but let me assure TM is the top shooter on the team. Basile has his out of control moments also. In all honesty that is sort of the make up of this team.

This team plays outstanding defense at times and Douglas is a freaken monster inside. Last night Aaron had at least 10 blocks and 10 to 15 alters. Without Douglas MHS loses by 10 to 15 to Clinton.

When it all comes together, Oak Ridge and Bearden, it's pretty to watch. Teams that try to run with Maryville better watch out....they are deep and athletic. If MHS is hitting their lay-ups, sound stupid but this has been a problem, and hits threes they will be very difficult to beat.

I do believe that Damron is a better shooter but does not have the same quickness.

Not even close. Prior to three games ago Maples was shooting an incredible 63% from beyond the three point line. Has went down some since that point but still at an incredible pace considering he averages 4 or 5 attempts a game. Jordan has shot the ball a littler better of late but misses badly too often. Last night with 40 seconds to go and down by 2 Jordan launched an ill advised 25 footer and missed badly. Bad decisions will deminish as he matures, he is just a sophomore, but let me assure TM is the top shooter on the team. Basile has his out of control moments also. In all honesty that is sort of the make up of this team.

This team plays outstanding defense at times and Douglas is a freaken monster inside. Last night Aaron had at least 10 blocks and 10 to 15 alters. Without Douglas MHS loses by 10 to 15 to Clinton.

When it all comes together, Oak Ridge and Bearden, it's pretty to watch. Teams that try to run with Maryville better watch out....they are deep and athletic. If MHS is hitting their lay-ups, sound stupid but this has been a problem, and hits threes they will be very difficult to beat.

Point taken, however there is no way he is a better shooter than Kent. Tyler may have been on a streak but with that no arch bullet he shoots I''l take Kent's anyday. Don't get me wrong Luke West can fill it up in bunches when he hot ala George Mcginnus. Go luck to them Thursday.