McMinn at Meigs

Mustang Fever

McMinn's coach must have really had to work hard to keep this game close. Better enjoy the rest of this year and all of next year cause it ain't gonna be pretty in Athens after that. Heard McMinn won with an off balance 30 foot bank shot at the buzzer after charging and walking (neither called). Congrats on your BIG win McMinn and good luck in the tourney (apparently you are going to need it).

McMinn played without their point guard (Frazier). They go to pieces when she's not in game. Their bench is very suspect and they usually only play 5 players the entire game.

Funny, I thought they always went to pieces when she WAS in the game. Everything colored black and gold in District 5-AAA that has anything to do with basketball, men's or women's, is suspect, not just the Lady Cherokees bench.

Will the Earth temporarily stop while the incredible underachieving of Walker Valley and McMinn butts heads on Monday evening? I hope the wreckage isn't overcoming.

Curious why you think that. She seems to be most unselfish player on the floor the games I've seen. She's definitely not the greatest shooter on the team, but she seems to be consistent in all other areas. I agree that changes need to be made in several sports at McMinn County, but everybody knows nothing is going to happen.

No, they played 5 players, however it shows how much faith the coach has in anyone on bench as they never get in game. It also adds pressure to the other girls to bring the ball down when they are used to just running down the floor and setting up.

Personally, I'll be surprised if Walker Valley doesn't beat McMinn in district tourny.

Was a very good game...in spite of the refs....thought they stunk on both sides of the ball....but that association ALWAYS does....thought Meigs played their best 16 minutes of the year in the second half....like McMinn without subbing.....and their head coach wasn't there as a personal matter took him away.....kudos to Asst. coach for a job well done...