Columbia 39 vs Marshall County 34

bballer4life

The Marshall County Tigerettes lost a hard fought battle against Columbia Friday night. With 2 starters out - one with the flu and the other with a sprained knee, Marshall County only had 7 players. The starting 5 were- 1 Senior, 1 Sophmore and 3 Freshmen. The Tigerettes played an awesome game considering the circumstances. The Tigerettes have come a long way since the beginning of the season. They have 9 great players who play hard and who play well together.

They also have 2 great coaches who see the potential that these girls have and who bring out the best in each of them! We are proud of the Tigerettes and their success this season. Don't look back, look forward ------- We are with you all the way!!!!!!!!! Success comes to those who work hard! Failure comes to those who are content to sit back and rest!

KEEP STRIVING TO BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE - KEEP YOUR HEAD ON STRAIGHT AND KEEP REACHING FOR THE STARS - THEY ARE IN YOUR GRASP

GOOD LUCK IN THE DISTRICT :thumb:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like I missed a good one grandma.

Didn't Columbia beat us really bad earlier this year ?

What was the difference ?

Our girls are playing a lot better & could be a be a real

factor this week in the district.

I hope those who beat us this year sure enjoyed it, because

we ought to be really good for the next three years.

Sounds like I missed a good one grandma.

Didn't Columbia beat us really bad earlier this year ?

What was the difference ?

Our girls are playing a lot better & could be a be a real

factor this week in the district.

I hope those who beat us this year sure enjoyed it, because

we ought to be really good for the next three years.

Columbia beat us by about 20 points at tbe beginning of the season. Our girls have really, really improved!!! You are SO right! Everyone that beat us this year look out next year and the years to come! Maturity and experience are really kicking in and we should roll next year! :thumb:

Roll on Tigerettes in the District Tournament!

They actually lost by 25 points! The Tigerettes have improved sooooooooo much. I know that everyone agrees with that, but I really think the Tigerettes are going to be a major factor in the district tournament next week. They should fly by Spring Hill and Lewis Co.! The true test will be Friday night against Loretto. The Tigerettes played them a really close game last time, and have a good shot of taking the District Title! Back on the subject of the Columbia Central game: The Tigerettes, even without two of their starters, played top-ranked Columbia an extremely close game! They even led throughout most of the game. If the Tigerettes would have had their full team (all healthy), they would have gotten a strong win against the Lady Lions.

GOOD LUCK IN THE DISTRICT TOURNEY TIGERETTES!!!!!

BEAT LORETTO!!!!!! :D

They actually lost by 25 points! The Tigerettes have improved sooooooooo much. I know that everyone agrees with that, but I really think the Tigerettes are going to be a major factor in the district tournament next week. They should fly by Spring Hill and Lewis Co.! The true test will be Friday night against Loretto. The Tigerettes played them a really close game last time, and have a good shot of taking the District Title! Back on the subject of the Columbia Central game: The Tigerettes, even without two of their starters, played top-ranked Columbia an extremely close game! They even led throughout most of the game. If the Tigerettes would have had their full team (all healthy), they would have gotten a strong win against the Lady Lions.

GOOD LUCK IN THE DISTRICT TOURNEY TIGERETTES!!!!!

BEAT LORETTO!!!!!! :D

i think your wrong about them beating them. Yes yall have a good team but we couldnt make shots and we turned the ball over a lot. If yall would have had yalls best players in there we would have takin the game a lot more seriously(like a district game or something) but no Marshall County wouldnt have beat the Lady Lions that night.

i think your wrong about them beating them. Yes yall have a good team but we couldnt make shots and we turned the ball over a lot. If yall would have had yalls best players in there we would have takin the game a lot more seriously(like a district game or something) but no Marshall County wouldnt have beat the Lady Lions that night.

Oh, I think Columbia was taking the game serious! The fact that they turned the ball over a lot and didn't make shots doesn't show that they weren't taking the game serious - it shows that they were having an off night. The panic on their faces through the first 3 quarters showed that they couldn't believe that they were being outplayed. How serious is a game when a ranked team only beats a bunch of Freshmen and Sophmores by 5 points. The game was serious enough that Columbia played their starters the whole game. The Tigerettes are young, but "serious" or not, they gave Columbia all that they could handle and more!

I don't think that Columbia will forget how "serious" the game was. :thumb:

Go Tigerettes!

Edited by 4grandma

Oh, I think Columbia was taking the game serious! The fact that they turned the ball over a lot and didn't make shots doesn't show that they weren't taking the game serious - it shows that they were having an off night. The panic on their faces through the first 3 quarters showed that they couldn't believe that they were being outplayed. How serious is a game when a ranked team only beats a bunch of Freshmen and Sophmores by 5 points. The game was serious enough that Columbia played their starters the whole game. The Tigerettes are young, but "serious" or not, they gave Columbia all that they could handle and more!

I don't think that Columbia will forget how "serious" the game was. :thumb:

Go Tigerettes!

Fourgranny, with all due respect, and the given that Marshall Co. played an outstanding game. It took just that....an outstanding game from them to get beat by 5 on a night when Columbia played terrible. Now having said that, Columbia took that as a wake up Im sure because if they played at Lewisburg like they did last night .... Columbia wins by 20 again as they did earlier. No doubt, as early as next year Lewisburg will be a strong contender in their district. But Columbia was definately not "up" for that game. That's not good I'll admit but it's fact. I wish rivalry meant more but they were kinda looking forward to the tournament games and hopefully success. I'm pullin for Marshall Co to win theirs. By the way we had girls out sick also and the full rotation was in all during the game not just the starters. Matter of fact also the bench got the scoring started that led to the victory. FWIW

I'd bet if a "not up" Columbia team wants to come over here one more time

when the seasons over & play again, Lewisburg would roll out the red carpet

for them to do so. Provided they're up for it.

We dressed seven players, five of them FRESHMEN. 3/5 of our starting lineup

was available. We led most of the night, we had a shot in the final three

seconds to tie. And we're supposed to just shrug our shoulders & say Columbia

wasn't up for us.

I'd say Columbia wasn't up for our defense. We pressured all night long & took

Ross completely out of the game. I'd say some AAA coaches might just take

a look at that tape.

Can't wait til next year. Provided Columbia's up for it.

I'd bet if a "not up" Columbia team wants to come over here one more time

when the seasons over & play again, Lewisburg would roll out the red carpet

for them to do so. Provided they're up for it.

We dressed seven players, five of them FRESHMEN. 3/5 of our starting lineup

was available. We led most of the night, we had a shot in the final three

seconds to tie. And we're supposed to just shrug our shoulders & say Columbia

wasn't up for us.

I'd say Columbia wasn't up for our defense. We pressured all night long & took

Ross completely out of the game. I'd say some AAA coaches might just take

a look at that tape.

Can't wait til next year. Provided Columbia's up for it.

Don't get too cocky you have a good team and everything but Columbia can take care of themselves. From the last two years you actually played a better game against us at home a year ago when you forced overtime. You guys play us well at home that's a fact. But on a way way down night we still found what ever it took to win ......Good teams also do that. Ross was off but others picked it up......Good teams do that.

Now for FINAL JEOPARDY What happened to you guys against SPRING HILL?

Don't get too cocky you have a good team and everything but Columbia can take care of themselves. From the last two years you actually played a better game against us at home a year ago when you forced overtime. You guys play us well at home that's a fact. But on a way way down night we still found what ever it took to win ......Good teams also do that. Ross was off but others picked it up......Good teams do that.

Now for FINAL JEOPARDY What happened to you guys against SPRING HILL?

FOR THE FINAL JEOPARDY BONUS ROUND - Columbia was predicted to tie with Shelbyville for 1st place in the district. Basketball is a funny game. LINCOLN COUNTY BEAT COLUMBIA, dropping Columiba to 2nd place.

Marshall County beat Lincoln County. As far as Spring Hill , I guess " we had an off night" but "good teams do dig deep, and we did what ever it took to win". Marshall County doesn't rely on just one player - on any given night any of the nine players can get the job done. In regards to 2 years ago, I do believe that there were more Juniors and Seniors on the team. When Freshmen and Sophmores are playing Juniors and Seniors, it only makes them better, as we have seen this year. Every team has rebuilding years. We are young, but we do have the building blocks to be a force in the future. As far as being cocky, cockiness doesn't win ballgames - hard work, focus and determination do that. We're not cocky, we're just proud of our girls and the hard work that they have put in this year. We look forward to the future.

Good Luck to All the Ladies still Playing in the District Tournaments!

Edited by 4grandma

FOR THE FINAL JEOPARDY BONUS ROUND - Columbia was predicted to tie with Shelbyville for 1st place in the district. Basketball is a funny game. LINCOLN COUNTY BEAT COLUMBIA, dropping Columiba to 2nd place.

Marshall County beat Lincoln County. As far as Spring Hill , I guess " we had an off night" but "good teams do dig deep, and we did what ever it took to win". Marshall County doesn't rely on just one player - on any given night any of the nine players can get the job done. In regards to 2 years ago, I do believe that there were more Juniors and Seniors on the team. When Freshmen and Sophmores are playing Juniors and Seniors, it only makes them better, as we have seen this year. Every team has rebuilding years. We are young, but we do have the building blocks to be a force in the future. As far as being cocky, cockiness doesn't win ballgames - hard work, focus and determination do that. We're not cocky, we're just proud of our girls and the hard work that they have put in this year. We look forward to the future.

Good Luck to All the Ladies still Playing in the District Tournaments!

Okay good answer (except I didn't mention Shelbyville in the question but if you want to go there.........) and now for the bonus big boy round....... Lincoln County also beat Shelbyville. So did we Columbia. Granny I'm givin you the credit I'm just sayin Columbia did what it took to win having an off night. We also beat Harpeth the AA leader in the midstate at the time. And we didn't have a great night that night. A good night but not great.... we did what it took to win. Ask Lawrence Co how bad we can look and then how good we can look the next game.

Edited by limerock