District 7AAA

2priceless

Dont know if u can say respectivly. Im betting on Oakland. Solid pitching good lineup. Bullpens a large question for them. If its terrible id go with Riverdale. Ill take Siegel if riverdale an Oakland both have off years and if matt carlton miraculously regains a year of elgibility.

Exactly why can't I say respectively? Do you actually understand what that means in reference to that particular sentence struture? It means that without repeating the two fellow's names that Uhles was a lineman and Dana a receiver. It refers to the order of the names in the previous sentence.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the world was 23smom talking about on the other thread oh well...i think many of you are overlooking Warren County and i have heard that white county has the 3 best pitchers in the district i cant remember who told me but i really think this district will be wide open i dont think anyone is gonna run thru it like we did last year it is gonna be one of those any given night seasons. Of course i am hoping Riverdale wins it

GO WARRIORS

What in the world was 23smom talking about on the other thread oh well...i think many of you are overlooking Warren County and i have heard that white county has the 3 best pitchers in the district i cant remember who told me but i really think this district will be wide open i dont think anyone is gonna run thru it like we did last year it is gonna be one of those any given night seasons. Of course i am hoping Riverdale wins it

GO WARRIORS

Dont get me wrong, Rogers and Killian are good pitchers, but WC hasnt cornered the market on pitching in this district. Great Pitching and Defense is all well and good, but last I checked, ya need to score at least one run to win as well :lol:

Guest The Black Hole

Dont get me wrong, Rogers and Killian are good pitchers, but WC hasnt cornered the market on pitching in this district. Great Pitching and Defense is all well and good, but last I checked, ya need to score at least one run to win as well :)

A great defense beats a great offense

Dont know if u can say respectivly. Im betting on Oakland. Solid pitching good lineup. Bullpens a large question for them. If its terrible id go with Riverdale. Ill take Siegel if riverdale an Oakland both have off years and if matt carlton miraculously regains a year of elgibility.

wow a siegel student who has no faith in a solid siegel baseball program. do you really think matt carlton alone turned the season around last year? i know matt thorne must have made errors last year, but i honestly cannot think of one at the moment. he is the most fundamentally sound shortstop in this district in my opinion. you said oakland had solid pitching.... sure they have barnes and burnett, but what depth do they have? do you really think oakland can pitch their way out of a very strong 7AAA district? two pitchers cant always go the distance ya know. being the siegel fan i am, i believe they will make it to the title game again this year against riverdale like last season. riverdale will be tough again, but they too will not pitch their way out of this district. since we've already discussed siegel's pitching and defense, let's move on to hitting: zach jones finds a way to get on base. his on base percentage last year was excellent as a lead off hitter, even by simply drawing walks. roberts is one of the best "move him over" batter, and everybody knows chase bowen will get his big share of ribbies. evan medlock is a nightmare for pitchers, as well as davis pearce and j.r. roden, who hits back side for power better than most hitters in the area. tobitt is a tough out. if he's not fouling off ten pitches, he's hitting gap to gap for power. i don't like to ice the cake. i'm being honest by saying siegel has to improve their hitting, but i also say that they have the best potential to win this district. once the hitting comes around, it's a full package.

Guest dare_2_dream

wow a siegel student who has no faith in a solid siegel baseball program. do you really think matt carlton alone turned the season around last year? i know matt thorne must have made errors last year, but i honestly cannot think of one at the moment. he is the most fundamentally sound shortstop in this district in my opinion. you said oakland had solid pitching.... sure they have barnes and burnett, but what depth do they have? do you really think oakland can pitch their way out of a very strong 7AAA district? two pitchers cant always go the distance ya know. being the siegel fan i am, i believe they will make it to the title game again this year against riverdale like last season. riverdale will be tough again, but they too will not pitch their way out of this district. since we've already discussed siegel's pitching and defense, let's move on to hitting: zach jones finds a way to get on base. his on base percentage last year was excellent as a lead off hitter, even by simply drawing walks. roberts is one of the best "move him over" batter, and everybody knows chase bowen will get his big share of ribbies. evan medlock is a nightmare for pitchers, as well as davis pearce and j.r. roden, who hits back side for power better than most hitters in the area. tobitt is a tough out. if he's not fouling off ten pitches, he's hitting gap to gap for power. i don't like to ice the cake. i'm being honest by saying siegel has to improve their hitting, but i also say that they have the best potential to win this district. once the hitting comes around, it's a full package.

the team you just described could give a yankees a run for the title ... :)

Guest The Black Hole

First off Powers is the most funamentally sound player in the district let alone shortstops. On pitching don't talk about lack of depth, Siegel has one stud and a bunch of average pitchers who have not proven themselves. I know Zack Jones led the team in strikeouts so with him the good comes with some bad. Please tell me what Medlock has done to show you that pitchers are afraid of him, I highly doubt when coaches and pitchers are looking over Siegel's lineup they go " Oh No!! Evan Medlock". Wasn't Roden hurt last year and Pierce on JV all last year ( ineligable) and Tobitt was moved to the 8 hole by the end of the year what makes you think they will do anything??

Edited by The Black Hole

Guest The Black Hole

Maybe but that great pitching isnt gonna be there every night, so if you got a iffy offense and the pitching isnt there that night, UH OH :)

That's very true

The Patriots had an inter-squad Friday afternoon. Barnes nor Burnett pitched, but Phillip Parsley and Cheshire Rigler threw very well! Polk and Fann hit very well with 3 and 2 hits each. Tennyson Dodd looked good at 3rd base. IMO, Oakland will have a lot depth pitching this year, how effective they will be will determine the success. Renfroe, Stender, Rigler, Brett Wilson, Andy Morrow, Parsley, & Dodd can all come in a throw strikes. This will be the deepest staff Oakland has had in awhile, but they are untested and it is a lot different in big District games. Oakland will hit again, losing McCleary's .360 average and 10HRs will need to be replaced and while we might not have a 10 homerun guy, I think the hitting and power is more distibuted out this year. Defensively, the outfield will be solid, the infield will feature Burnett as the 3rd year shortstop. Catching is a early concern. Any given night may need to be the theme of this 7AAA season.

Edited by Slyder

I think its a very strong district. Theres alot of question marks on siegels team and they have alot to prove. I dont belive that you all have proved much at all. Kenneth Roberts is really good. But dont try to feed me that our lineup is amazing. I think tobitts a good hitter. But medlock roden and peirce havent proved anything.