Tri-County Seven by Sports Edit

krichunaka

No sensitivity here krich. I think Mainer is a great player. But the way I read your post, it seemed to suggest that Mainer outplayed MP. I simply stated my opinion that she didnt.

Postscript:

Krich, it was the lack of mention of MPs play in contrast to the "tremendous" type comments about AMs play that led me to infer that from your post. I know you are protective of the Unicoi sophs, AM, PB; so Im sure you can understand that we are protective of our cyclones.

Edited by CycloneFan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts on Mainer and Pietrowski. Both are outstanding players on very good teams. Mainer is tough, an outstanding rebounder, solid defender, and is still developing offensively. I believe she is 6' tall, but will probably not grow any more. She is certainly a college prospect, and will play college ball, the level is yet to be determined. It will depend on her development the next two seasons.

Three inches makes a big difference for Pietrowski at 6'3". She is also tough, is a good rebounder, a presence in the middle of any defense, an improving shot blocker, a fine passer, and is a little more polished offensively. In my opinion, Michaela is a division 1 prospect right now, and will play D1 if she wants too.

'Lander Update:

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !!

Game tonight at Chuckey-Doak was never really close. Cloudland opened the game on an 11-0 run, Unaka finally broke the ice with a bucket approximately 6 minutes into the game. The 'Landers led by as many as 19 in the first half, and went into the locker room well in control of the game.

By quarter:

1st, Cloudland 15, Unaka 4

2nd, Cloudland 25, Unaka 9

3rd, Cloudland 36, Unaka 21

Final Cloudland 52, Unaka 29

The 'Landers won on a game high (by my count) 13 from MVP Jess' Lunsford, followed closely by BJ Johnson's 11 points. Again, by my estimation, BJ was perfect from the foul line as well. Rebekah Tolley also added 11 and only missed once from the charity stripe. Shellie McKinney added 6, all from the line.

From my notes, Bowman and Elsea led the Rangers with 6 apiece, with Kayleigh's 6 coming on two long threes. The Rangers just couldn't muster the aggressiveness to match Cloudland tonight, and they had one of those nights were every shot that hit the rim fell out. I think we have all experienced that at one point or another.

The Highlander

Well, Unaka "got pushed around, again," according to Coach Chambers. He's right. Megan Johnson was sick but still played pretty well. Cloudland was the better team.

We can discuss this to the extent anyone thinks appropriate, but in essense. Cloudland took the game to Unaka early, and though the Lady Rangers kept their heads above water after the disgraceful start, it was too late already.

The Tri-County still has, especially considering the upside-down District Two AA situation, SIX teams (plus South Greene) with reasonable odds to make Substate. And from there?

Fan, sir, If you would, please take us back to whatever I said that causeed the misunderstanding. I don't think it's a matter of you "mis-reading," but more probably, "mis-inferring." I made no comparative reference. But if I did, please provide the quote.

But then, the way these threads sometimes go, it would take an Attorney to sort it all out; and even one of those rascals could easily be mistaken, don'tchya think?

However, since I CANNOT afford an attorney, I'm going to plead, Not Guilty! And if that doesn't fly, well . . . .I'll just have to Stand Mute.

There should be ample time to contrast and compare after tournament play is concluded.

Regular Season and District Tournament > MVP > Surprise Surprise - Jessica Lunsford.

Unaka Freshman, Kayla Winters, was very deservedly chosen All Conference.

Sallee Taylor, Tiffanie Babb and Megan Johnson.

LAURA BOWMAN (How'bout that, 17?) Made All-Tournament. What a LADY!

"B J" Johnson was All Tournament. Heather Banner, and YEP, YESSIR, that gal-uh-mine, SANTANA CLAWSON, is All-Conference! And Jessica Mathies.

Shelly McKinney and Rebekah Tolley were both very good in the Final.

I'll have to complete the list after a couple hours sleep. Or better yet, The Highlander might want to help?

p s Just read your post, Highlander. Thanks! It gave me a chance to correctly spell "Rebekah."

And you're much too kind about Unaka's shots hitting the rim and falling off. Several of them hit nothing at all.

Edited by krichunaka

Cloudland cleary looks superior to Unaka at this point, but they are in different brackets in the Region. Unaka may have an easier path to the substate. Cloudland may have to play Hampton in an elimination game in round two of the region. That will be tough for one Carter County team to knockout another, but only two can make the substate.

No sensitivity here krich. I think Mainer is a great player. But the way I read your post, it seemed to suggest that Mainer outplayed MP. I simply stated my opinion that she didnt.

Postscript:

Krich, it was the lack of mention of MPs play in contrast to the "tremendous" type comments about AMs play that led me to infer that from your post. I know you are protective of the Unicoi sophs, AM, PB; so Im sure you can understand that we are protective of our cyclones.

Well thanks for clearing it all up. Or not. I will continue to believe that I said, or implied Nothing to detract from the the great player for Elizabethton. She is, without a doubt, capable of being the most dominant player in the Region. She is also part of the most talented team in the Region; next week's Regional Championship will make that case.

I have said this to her, to her coach, and now, officially, to you and the coacht viewing public, Michaela Pietrowski is the most talented center in our area. I don't think I've ever suggested otherwise.

As to "protecting" the Unicoi Players, I think that through the course of this, and last season, I've put forth plenty-nuff complimentary statements concerning the Lady Cyclones, and the other teams. In fact you've been a little sensitive, as is evidenced by your posts (and edits) of the past two days.

Edited by krichunaka

Two Great Tournaments. Two very-deserving Champions: The Lady Cyclones; The Lady Highlanders!

And two very deserving MVPs:

GLee, (and All),

I think it's worth mentioning that though her team is not part of the Tri-County Seven per se, North Greene's Chelsey Wright scored 31 points in the Lady Huskies play-in game against University High; she followed that with 15 in the semi-final matchup against Cloudland and finished with 19 points vs Hampton in the consolation game. So, for the three-game tournament, Wright scored Sixty-Five Points! What's most significant here is that Chelsey's knee appears pretty much healed and rehabilitated from last Winter's ACL tear. Marti Bush, Sallee Taylor, can you relate? We easily get a little too caught up in "the game," without fully appreciating the extent to which these players have sacrificed to be on the court.