What does it take to take Down a Mighty Bear?

MasterBlaster 1

coffey himself came pretty close to getting manhandled, i remember seeing him looking at the lights when he wrestled huffaker

did anyone get backpoints on reveiz? i dont think they did but i may be wrong

Luckly hes the best 215 in the state D1 because he could not beat Coffey in D2 and I say that sincerely because I do not like D2 wrestling but Nick could not beat Coffee.

coffey himself came pretty close to getting manhandled, i remember seeing him looking at the lights when he wrestled huffaker did anyone get backpoints on reveiz? i dont think they did but i may be wrong

And do not tell me i have not watched Nick wrestle enough because i watched him at the Soddy tourney and the state and he is not very impressive. And I hate to take anything away from Nick he is now a 2 time state champ but you make him and the rest of the Farragut fans seem like idiots. I apologize to the Farragut fans on here but please have a talk with this guy and try to keep him on his medication. They have triied. ;)

Also Soddy won this tournament with hard work and guts. Never said anything different. My oldest son says you have some of the best coaches he's ever worked with or wrestled against

I think if you can get your head out of the glory land clouds.

You will see that I apologized and tried to clarify what I was saying. If you don't want to give the other fine wrestlers from Houston, Knox Halls, Hendersonville and ND credit for doing their part then shame on you.

I've read all these great post on how the entire SD program worked and I was just one of many who wanted to see y'all win it but to keep up the "He attacked us" routine is just a little sick. Know one will tell you anything Negative that I have ever sad about either program.

Go ahead everyone be politically correct. It's the way of our times.

It's amazing we all saw the same 215 match but I've seen all kind of different opinions of how many shots etc.

It's the same with my original post.

I DID NOT POST IT TO SLAM SD OR BRADLEY. IT WAS TO GIVE THE OTHER KIDS AND PROGRAMS SOME CREDIT.!!!!!!!

Calling Bradley a mighty bear is not a slam but respect.

So get over yourselves and go on.

It's just like Baylor and McCallie, 2 great programs that won 2 different titles.

IMO- they need to do away with the team points at state. Of coures our team finishing as high as 4th, 2 years ago felt good! Sorry. for the flip flop!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaster, your initial comment makes no sense. The very nature of the Traditional State Tournament dictates that the TEAM State Champ wins by virtue of the performance of all individuals. So, the Bears won in years past with the help of the Irish, Mustangs, Pioneers, etc. just like Soddy did this year. Why even make your initial statement like it was the Bears vs. all the other teams. Soddy won by beating all the other teams and having more individuals place higher than any other teams individuals. I know you are trying to justify Bradley coming up short, but it seems the Trojans have had the same experience in years past. Your comment was unneccesary and resulted in poor taste. I hate to see a pouting Bear.

Only 3 wrestlers have beat Nick in 2 years.

1. Ian of ND last year at the beginning of the season with a great head throw.

2. Collins Hill Senior that stuck Nick when he made a mistake.

3. The #1 ranked kid at the time from Dickson Co last year at the FR Tourney by 1 pt if I'm remembering correctly.

Only mistake he made at Collins Hill was taking the mat with a beast!!! :thumb:

I would have loved to see him wrestle this year's 215 at CH. I think the result would have been much the same.

Blaster, your initial comment makes no sense. The very nature of the Traditional State Tournament dictates that the TEAM State Champ wins by virtue of the performance of all individuals. So, the Bears won in years past with the help of the Irish, Mustangs, Pioneers, etc. just like Soddy did this year. Why even make your initial statement like it was the Bears vs. all the other teams. Soddy won by beating all the other teams and having more individuals place higher than any other teams individuals. I know you are trying to justify Bradley coming up short, but it seems the Trojans have had the same experience in years past. Your comment was unneccesary and resulted in poor taste. I hate to see a pouting Bear.

TeeRod- It could be looked at either way, your post is correct in all aspects except "I know you are trying to justify Bradley coming up short". It never crossed my mind. Bradley program stands on it's on merits. Never defended it or attacked it.

I really didn't think the post would get under the skin of the SD faithful.

Again, a fan of the SD programs wrestlers, tourney and feeder program!

I need to stop this before it gets started.

Blaster is NOT a Bradley guy. He is a card carrying BC hater and Farragut fan.

BB not a BC hater but it was nice to see your section get quit half way thru the finals. :):thumb::lol:

Can U order a card over the net? Is a club or an underground organization? Does the card say "BEware of Bears" or No Bears allowed.

BTW-Nice Stats on the other topic board. :)

I thought it was your 152lb year. Tuff lost but he is one, I've enjoyed watching since his freshman year.

BTW- Have all of you looked at how many post you have wasted since the 2nd post?

Talk about a gang mentality!

2 pages on my so called coward post!

U have to have better thing to do and say.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Only mistake he made at Collins Hill was taking the mat with a beast!!! :thumb:

I would have loved to see him wrestle this year's 215 at CH. I think the result would have been much the same.

Is he going to the Nationals? Nick will be in your area training, maybe they could get some quality mat time against each other. You know the # of the FHS coach.

Soddy Daisy won the Traditional Team Title by being the best wrestling team this past weekend. They scored with 13 wrestlers while Bradley scored with 8. They deserved to be champions and wrestled like champions. There should be no reason to diminish their accomplishment. Soddy took it to the field this weekend and my hat is off to them.

Steve Henry is a class act and the Soddy Fans and wrestlers are great people. They have a right to enjoy this without apology or crediting anyone but their own fantastic performance. The "rest of the story" is a simple one, Soddy outwrestled the field and are the Traditional State Champions.

Edited by 2@140

Soddy Daisy won the Traditional Team Title by being the best wrestling team this past weekend. They scored with 13 wrestlers while Bradley scored with 8. They deserved to be champions and wrestled like champions. There should be no reason to diminish their accomplishment. Soddy took it to the field this weekend and my hat is off to them.

Steve Henry is a class act and the Soddy Fans and wrestlers are great people. They have a right to enjoy this without apology or crediting anyone but their own fantastic performance. The "rest of the story" is a simple one, Soddy outwrestled the field and are the Traditional State Champions.

Very well said!

So i dont know what I'm talking about huh? I wrestled for Soddy and made it very far at the state tourney. I also help coach including 171-275. Let me tell you I have seen some of the best Antonio Boyd he started wrestling in high school also Anthony Evans, Will Bartholomew, Carlos Thompson all these would have pinned Nick sorry but its true. I have also watched the best from Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina. Nick better hope to get a football scholarship this year because wrestling is not his future. Also Letner is only a Junior this year so he has a very good chance of winning his next year. But Nick is not Antonio Boyd, or any of the others i stated above. Nick is a good wrestler but not fantastic, and with you as a fan its a shame that maybe he will not get his due of being a good wrestler. Some people on here say stupid things and you have said many. Every year just like Teerod said Bradley has won the traditional state for 12 years and they were given help just like every other state championship team, Thats a fact. The state is when wrestlers have to step up and perform to the best of their abilities and Soddy did that, with or without the help Soddy won and thats also a fact. So please before you stick your foot in your huge mouth please think. All you had to say is Soddy congrats for your state championship! Leave it like that its very easy your comments are like leaving a asterick beside the team title because we were given the title because Bradley only won 2 titles out of 6 finalist so they gave Soddy the championship. I used to actually like what you stood for I love the eagle on a cross but an idiot is a idiot and you are that. sorry but it's true think before you post. :thumb: