East Ridge vs. Grundy! Tues. night

TNballer2006

Up until Grudy beat Hixson I would have said East Ridge.But Grundy has a chance. I watched Sequatchie beat East Ridge a few weeks ago in one of the best high school ball games i have seen this season. If Grundy wants to beat East Ridge they have to get the big boy in foul trouble. Against Sequatchie he had three fouls and sat out the last 3 minutes of the second quarter. He started at the half and played 2 minutes then had to sit down again with four fouls. He fouled out with 5 minutes to go in the fourth. With him out the other team has a chance at a rebound, and the other East Ridge Players have to step it up. If grundy takes it at the big guy and gets him in foul trouble they can pull an upset. But if the big guy plays most of the game if not all of it, it will be a win for East Ridge.

Up until Grudy beat Hixson I would have said East Ridge.But Grundy has a chance. I watched Sequatchie beat East Ridge a few weeks ago in one of the best high school ball games i have seen this season. If Grundy wants to beat East Ridge they have to get the big boy in foul trouble. Against Sequatchie he had three fouls and sat out the last 3 minutes of the second quarter. He started at the half and played 2 minutes then had to sit down again with four fouls. He fouled out with 5 minutes to go in the fourth. With him out the other team has a chance at a rebound, and the other East Ridge Players have to step it up. If grundy takes it at the big guy and gets him in foul trouble they can pull an upset. But if the big guy plays most of the game if not all of it, it will be a win for East Ridge.

I would say that sums it up pretty well not much more to add but Grundy hitting a high percent of there shots.

I dont think thats all the way true because east ridge has other stars that can take over like alex wells and bradford...the big guy has kind of been playing smarter ball lately tho so i dont think he will foul out....East Ridge by 12

Edited by TNballer2006

Grundy played really well. I believe the score was 44-44 and East Ridge scored seven straight, Grundy then came back to tie it at 51-51. East Ridge passed off for a layup with around 10 seconds left. East Ridge got a good break, I thought Grundy was fouled on a three pointer (and I wasn't for either team, just watching) then East Ridge turned the ball over with 0.9 seconds left. I thought Grundy had a player open under the basket, close to where the ball was being inbounded but it had to have been very tough to see everything and decide what to do with virtually no time left. They got it an open player in the corner for a three but the shot wasn't really close to end it. E Ridge's Wells shot the lights out, Jurick was hard to handle on the offensive end when he was in there, foul trouble throughout, but Grundy took it to him and got some nice looking layups over and around him. Tough loss for Grundy but they should be proud, #7 vs #2 and nearly got it.

Indian gave a great description. Grundy lead most of the first half. ER went back in front early in the third and it was a battle from there.

Couldn't have asked for more from Grundy. The boys gave everything. Coach Holt had a great game plan. The Grundy crowd was in it and a factor. Everybody gave everything but it just wasn't meant to be.

I couldn't be prouder of the boys from Grundy County tonight! You guys are the best!

DL.