State Tournament Stats

BayouBear

But that is not how it happened and Tolbert made a case (based on his performace) that he may have been seeded correctly (Monday morning QB stuff for sure).

Neither Young nor Tolbert were seeded, luck of the draw. If Tolbert raised his level of performance for the state tourney in relation to his performance during the rest of the season, then he would have defeated Young along with Pease to earn the right to face Creagan. The point is that the region 4 runner up was 2nd in the state and the region 4 champion was 3rd. Hard to understand that logic unless the region runner up defeats the region champion in the state tourney since they both lost only once to the same wrestler. Again, Tolbert did a great job and may well turn out to be the best of the bunch - time will tell.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Young nor Tolbert were seeded, luck of the draw. If Tolbert raised his level of performance for the state tourney in relation to his performance during the rest of the season, then he would have defeated Young along with Pease to earn the right to face Creagan. The point is that the region 4 runner up was 2nd in the state and the region 4 champion was 3rd. Hard to understand that logic unless the region runner up defeats the region champion in the state tourney since they both lost only once to the same wrestler. Again, Tolbert did a great job and may well turn out to be the best of the bunch - time will tell.

well, luck of the draw is what it is. When I used the word seeded, I was incorrect. I should have said placed in the bracket.

Do you agree that Tolbert gave Creagan a better match?

Edited by texas23

Can't say as I headed north after the quarters. No debating that the final score was closer. Also no debating that Young had beaten Tolbert twice within the last month, hence the frustration with the lack of reasonable seeding.

I agree with the need for reasonable seeding. I was not just talking about the final score, but since you missed it, get the dvd and see the match. It was very competitive, unlike the semi.