12a tourney

rachy

This is so much fun!!! Now look folks, you ARE talking about the person that stuck their neck out for the Loretto game and then went completely against the mighty POINT GUARD 12 to make some predictions from the heart. I will put it to you like this, even though Summertown won this last match-up I cant help but believe that Collinwood goes into this game with the advantage, mentally and athletically. DO NOT misunderstand me, Willard has done a SUPER job with those girls. They are aggressive and play hard smart basketball but I see something in this Collinwood bunch that I havent seen since the days of Ashlee Robertson. They truly have a twinkle in thier eyes and seem to know what they want out of this season. This is a bunch of girls that were counted out of the top at the beginning of the season but has continuously proven to themselves and to their fans that they can win when they need to. I cant tell you enough just how proud I am of last nights win. My hats off to Coach Byrd and the Lady Cats on a hard fought game but just look at the ladies in green!!!!! Girls, YOU DESERVE TO BE HERE and you deserve to take home that championship trophy and a number one seed in the region tournament. DO NOT BE FOOLED, Summertown will not roll over and play dead for you. You will have to play a complete game from EVERY POSITION. Guards must be strong and smart, post players will HAVE to score, draw fouls and rebound and you will all have to look to each other for inspiration and heart! O.K. TSF and RENO, here you go............Collinwood wins this one by 8!!! But Reno, DONT take that and go to Vegas, if youre going anywhere, go to the game and stop by and pick me up on the way. Sorry I missed you TSF, I was keeping a watch on things but sometimes I get so many irons in my fire that I just cant do it all. I promise I will see you soon! Girls, WE ALL BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!! GO GREEN!!!!!

And by the way, Byrd and the girls from W.C. take the consolation game by single digits too. That guy is a living legend, he will find what he needs to beat P.C. Good Luck Point Guard! Make the county look good!!!

Edited by thelma

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so much fun!!! Now look folks, you ARE talking about the person that stuck their neck out for the Loretto game and then went completely against the mighty POINT GUARD 12 to make some predictions from the heart. I will put it to you like this, even though Summertown won this last match-up I cant help but believe that Collinwood goes into this game with the advantage, mentally and athletically. DO NOT misunderstand me, Willard has done a SUPER job with those girls. They are aggressive and play hard smart basketball but I see something in this Collinwood bunch that I havent seen since the days of Ashlee Robertson. They truly have a twinkle in thier eyes and seem to know what they want out of this season. This is a bunch of girls that were counted out of the top at the beginning of the season but has continuously proven to themselves and to their fans that they can win when they need to. I cant tell you enough just how proud I am of last nights win. My hats off to Coach Byrd and the Lady Cats on a hard fought game but just look at the ladies in green!!!!! Girls, YOU DESERVE TO BE HERE and you deserve to take home that championship trophy and a number one seed in the region tournament. DO NOT BE FOOLED, Summertown will not roll over and play dead for you. You will have to play a complete game from EVERY POSITION. Guards must be strong and smart, post players will HAVE to score, draw fouls and rebound and you will all have to look to each other for inspiration and heart! O.K. TSF and RENO, here you go............Collinwood wins this one by 8!!! But Reno, DONT take that and go to Vegas, if youre going anywhere, go to the game and stop by and pick me up on the way. Sorry I missed you TSF, I was keeping a watch on things but sometimes I get so many irons in my fire that I just cant do it all. I promise I will see you soon! Girls, WE ALL BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!! GO GREEN!!!!!

And by the way, Byrd and the girls from W.C. take the consolation game by single digits too. That guy is a living legend, he will find what he needs to beat P.C. Good Luck Point Guard! Make the county look good!!!

Thelma,

Congrats on getting a prediction right, but you've got a long ways to go before you ever catch me. You get out of that hole they call Collinwood and go out and watch alot of the rest of the 1A teams in the state play and then we will really talk some basketball :rolleyes: . As for Collinwood, congrats to them. I may have been wrong in saying they were not ready to be District 12A Champs, but I have been wrong before (not often, but yes, occassionally it happens). For Wayne County to have been up 16 midway through the 3rd quarter and let the game slip, they must have choked. I was told there were adjustments made on Andrews which is what actually helped to give Wayne County the large lead because the only shot Collinwood could get early in the 2nd half was Ray from 3 (no wonder Waynesboro got up by so much). Then Collinwood started to go "balls to the wall" with defensive pressure and the Lady Cats crumbed under the pressure with numerous turnovers.

This was a huge win for Collinwood's program. It has been a while since they were even in the Championship Game, so it is sort of nice to see someone other then Summertown, Perry County, or Wayne County in the Championship Game.

As for the Championship Game and the Consolation Game, I just don't know. In the Championship Game, Summertown has the advantage in post play, defense, and coaching while Collinwood has the advantage in guard play and well they have Abby which is an advantage all by itself. Also, Wayne County might as well be considered a 2nd home floor for Collinwood, so that is also in their favor slightly. It should be good, I'm gonna try to make it out for it. Good luck to all the teams and may the best teams win.

Summertown by 11

Perry Co. by12

Hmmm...funny how you're predicting Perry County will win by such a large margin over your own team. I realize that IF Summertown wins against Collinwood in the Championship Game, then the team who lost the Consolation Game will be sitting alot prettier (then the team who won) in the Region as I believe both Perry County or Wayne County would much rather be on Collinwood's side of the bracket then Summertown's. Granted the loser of the Consolation Game will have to face Moore County in the 1st Round of the Region, but then again, that should be an easier game then having to play Summertown in the Regional Semifinals, in a win or go home game, especially since Summertown always plays so well in those types of games.

Hmmm...funny how you're predicting Perry County will win by such a large margin over your own team. I realize that IF Summertown wins against Collinwood in the Championship Game, then the team who lost the Consolation Game will be sitting alot prettier (then the team who won) in the Region as I believe both Perry County or Wayne County would much rather be on Collinwood's side of the bracket then Summertown's. Granted the loser of the Consolation Game will have to face Moore County in the 1st Round of the Region, but then again, that should be an easier game then having to play Summertown in the Regional Semifinals, in a win or go home game, especially since Summertown always plays so well in those types of games.

Just being realistic. Not the way I would like to see them turn out. Still cant't figure out why Coach Byrd pulled Gibson out of the game after shee just hit 3 treys in a row. I know it's easier to coach from the stands but this made no sense.Not taking anything away from C'wood but with a 16 point lead WC played like they were behind.

im pretty sure coach byrd knows his team alot better then anyone else so im sure there was a reason to take gipson out... i mean with a 16 point lead you dont need to make three's you need to pound it inside and get to the free throw line.. but im sure every other hick that watches these games thinks they know more then a coach who has won over 500 games... so that was a pretty smart comment about byrd taking gipson out and the guy that said another bad coaching move by byrd again... you guys must hunt deer for a living or something

im pretty sure coach byrd knows his team alot better then anyone else so im sure there was a reason to take gipson out... i mean with a 16 point lead you dont need to make three's you need to pound it inside and get to the free throw line.. but im sure every other hick that watches these games thinks they know more then a coach who has won over 500 games... so that was a pretty smart comment about byrd taking gipson out and the guy that said another bad coaching move by byrd again... you guys must hunt deer for a living or something

Yea and apparently you haven't watched very much basketball. Nothing in my post that was derogatory towards Coach Byrd. Hope your not an adult with the hick comment. If you are please grow up.

Edited by cat1973

lol let me tell ya something im no hick and i dont deer hunt...in fact i hate it...which in this situation has NOTHING to do with my comment...Personally i dont think it was a good move thats my opinion...u need your fast shifty players in with a big lead so u can move the ball around and let the clock tick...yea he has over 500 wins but the girls he gets our already coached up by the time they get to 9th grade...and i know for a fact that most of the girls b-ball team dont like him as a coach...thats why they have been quitting left and right...but thats just my opinion sometimes you disagree on them...but that gives u No right to say im a hick lol thats about stupid...and this is coming from a high school student!!

Coach Byrd did a good job trying to hide the fact that he threw the game. lol. I guess the coach of the century went brain dead and couldnt get his girls to hustle, make free throws, lay ups or foul someone with 7 seconds to go in the game. Hats off to Perry County for playing for real...yeah they would have probably been better off the lose the game as far as the brackets go....but when you have to deal with the things they are dealing with, you learn what is important....playing to win no matter what. They played with heart and to honor Kari. We are thinking about you Kari, we love you!!

Great game last night Trojanettes. Although you didn't come out with the win you have nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone (except your true fans) had you finishing no better than 4th in the district. Ya'll played a great game last night. It took a lot of determination to play with the injuries some of you recieved in the game. I know I may have offended some of you by some comments I've made on here but I wasn't criticizing anyone. I was just trying to show support and help you with your game. I'm love Collinwood sports or I wouldn't do what I do at each game and spend so much time with the Trojan web site. You girls have earned a lot of respect this season from you fans and critics. Keep up the good work and good luck in the regionals. Congratulations to Summertown for being district champs and to Coach Willard for be 12A Coach of the Year.

By the way girls I forgot the sunglasses last night. Sorry about that. :lol:

- "pound it inside w/ a 16 point lead"? Not only was Gipson on the bench, but also Potete who had the hot hand and by the way, is a post player -

- coaching isn't rocket science - I suspect even a deer hunter would have stuck w/ the hot players in a close game -