Sequatchie Valley Teams

jhoutsider

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like that ump was out of line, or maybe he just had a power trip. The pitcher does own the plate and if the batter is standing over the plate....guess what she gets hit. It is all part of the game. And sometimes that inside pitches or those screwballs just go alittle to far in...oh well. Every player has been hit, again it is just part of the game.

They were high and inside, but I really didn't see anything wrong even though I don't think she was crowding the plate. I think he was more concerned about something somebody said from the stands, which I didn't hear but really got him stirred up. He was concerned about pitches being called from the stands too.

MCHS_DAD it was the same 2 ump's we had for our game against you all....He was complaining the second he walked in the dugout to the second he walked out....

Was it the guy we had in the field or behind the plate? Because we have had problems with the guy in we had in the field the night Marion and Bledsoe played,

Ok to make long story short......Sequatchie had batter trying to slap bunt and Kaitlyn pitched a pitch inside and it almost hit the girl and then the next pitch almost hit her too....At this time we were up 6-1 and he walked out to the mount pointing his finger at her and telling her this and that and yelling at her....Well our catcher says" She standing on the plate Mr. Ump and he tells her" You need to do your job and catch the ball or you will be gone".....Anyways after Kaitlyn strikes out the rest of them for the inning...The Ump walks up to one of our assistant coaches and says that he's reporting us to TSSAA...AS if we had been trying to hit them all night and this is the first time a pitch had been remotely close to one of there players....Oh well maybe Greta will call and report him that way we won't have him anymore...MCHS_DAD it was the same 2 ump's we had for our game against you all....He was complaining the second he walked in the dugout to the second he walked out....

Game was still 4-1. She didn't strike out the rest of them, that batter walked and the next popped to first to end the fifth. She struck out the last two of the game in the 7th (8th and 9th batters). Seq did a lot better job making contact than in the day before, 4 K's after striking out 8 of 9 against Hixson's Millwood.

Edited by Indian

Do you know how the game today between Marion/Sequatchie turned out?

Seq won 10-0 in 5, no not really, game was supposed to be in front of students during school, probably couldn't do that with the rain coming and going and didn't want to risk losing that gate. Supposed to be played Monday but it's not a district game so it won't take priority.

It might have also had involved Marion not wanting to waste a trip if started raining again, and I didn't see how bad the field might have been. 4:00 start could have made a lot of difference on the field, the game was to have started at 1:30.

Edited by Indian

WOW!!! You mean Sequatchie wanted to rescheduled a game because they would lose gate money? And Marion went along with it? Hmmm. Almost as bad a reason as Bledsoe's pitcher being tired....huh...... :thumb:

Just goes to show you that the folks on the South end of the valley are caring individuals!!! :D

Our reason was Softball related.....not money related...besides I talked to Greta and she said that she had TCAP test that Wed., Thurs., and Fri., and the game was at 3:30 at Whitwell but the principal would not let her leave school early...The game was on a Wednesday too.....

WOW!!! You mean Sequatchie wanted to rescheduled a game because they would lose gate money? And Marion went along with it? Hmmm. Almost as bad a reason as Bledsoe's pitcher being tired....huh...... :P

Just goes to show you that the folks on the South end of the valley are caring individuals!!! :D

THE GAME WAS CALLED OFF EARLY TUESDAY MORNING BY THE SEQ. CO. COACH. THEIR FIELD WAS IN NO CONDITION TO PLAY, AND IT WAS STILL RAINING WHEN HE CALLED TO RESCHEDULE THE GAME. THE GAME WILL BE PLAYED ON MONDAY IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL IN SEQ. CO. THE GAMES IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS ARE A BIG PART OF THE FUNDING FOR SOME SCHOOLS PROGRAMS,ALL THE MONEY RAISED GOES TO THAT PROGRAM. THOSE ARE NICE TO HAVE . MCHS WILL GO TO SOUTH. PITTS. AND PLAY THEIR REGULAR SCHEDULED GAME AFTER THE SEQ. CO. GAME :lol: