Steve Logsdon

CAM10

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your on the wrong thread MasterLoser. My question is why would Tanner Johnson go back there and/or why would he be allowed to come back to the team if he was kicked off.

The topic is Steve Logsdon, not Tanner Johnson. U tried to redirect the topic. So maybe you have some other motivation camper boy! :thumb:

Not a Bradley Bear, so don't know the history there, except he is a great coach and leader of young men.

I think it is a fair question.

That way I can understand why the top teams in TN do not wrestle each other.

Glad to hear that Steve is back. Wait a minute, no I'm not! :lol: Can we get Bradley to move to D2? :thumb:

Seriously, congrats to Steve and the Bradley Central family. As well as Chad and the other coaches for your time and efforts during Steves "layoff". It's always tuff to follow a coach that has had great success with a program, and to keep it at the same level.

Steve, we were ready to give you a better offer here at Kingston! Heck, we would have put a wrestling mat down over the hay in the barn, set you up in a real nice double wide with running water, and a 4 wheel drive pick-up. We would have even take the tires off the double wide and put an engine in the pick-up! BTW, they left them dang tires on my single wide. Maybe they'll take them off now.

Good to have you back. Tennessee wrestling needs more coaches with your passion. :lol:

Glad to hear that Steve is back. Wait a minute, no I'm not! :D Can we get Bradley to move to D2? <_<

Seriously, congrats to Steve and the Bradley Central family. As well as Chad and the other coaches for your time and efforts during Steves "layoff". It's always tuff to follow a coach that has had great success with a program, and to keep it at the same level.

Steve, we were ready to give you a better offer here at Kingston! Heck, we would have put a wrestling mat down over the hay in the barn, set you up in a real nice double wide with running water, and a 4 wheel drive pick-up. We would have even take the tires off the double wide and put an engine in the pick-up! BTW, they left them dang tires on my single wide. Maybe they'll take them off now.

Good to have you back. Tennessee wrestling needs more coaches with your passion. ;)

Nice post. Its good to see someone appreciate what he brings to the Bradley program. The other issues were bound to be brought up despite how old, tired and insignificant that they are. Thank you for taking a positive stance. Glad your program didnt talk with him first. If he would have known about the doublewide he may have accepted! (LOL)

IMO, it dilutes the pool of talent and makes it easier to win a state championship. Ask yourself how many state championships did Bradley win before the D1 & D2 split?

While were at it pose the same question in a different way. Would Baylor have won the same amount they have in the last several years since the split? Doubtful with what has been basically a two to three team challenge every year. Throw Bradley and Soddy in to the D2 mix especially the 2001 and 2003 bears and things might not have been what is now history. Both of the divisions have powerful and respected programs. You cant diminish ones accomplishments without doing the same to the other when it comes to what may have occured without the split. Lets recognize the positives of both divisions and there are many in both.

While were at it pose the same question in a different way. Would Baylor have won the same amount they have in the last several years since the split? Doubtful with what has been basically a two to three team challenge every year. Throw Bradley and Soddy in to the D2 mix especially the 2001 and 2003 bears and things might not have been what is now history. Both of the divisions have powerful and respected programs. You cant diminish ones accomplishments without doing the same to the other when it comes to what may have occured without the split. Lets recognize the positives of both divisions and there are many in both.

Answer the question: How many state championships did Bradley win before the D1 & D2 split?

You are correct that Baylor probably would not have one as many state championships if we had no split. But heck we can't even get Bradley to wrestle the big D2 schools in a dual or big time tournament like McCallie or Father Ryan. They remind me of Brandon, FL and Coach Russ Cozart.

Answer the question: How many state championships did Bradley win before the D1 & D2 split?

You are correct that Baylor probably would not have one as many state championships if we had no split. But heck we can't even get Bradley to wrestle the big D2 schools in a dual or big time tournament like McCallie or Father Ryan. They remind me of Brandon, FL and Coach Russ Cozart.

cbg- here's some of the facts. It's according how you break it down. Bradley was a force prior to the split. Did you know Overton was a power less than 10 years ago. Where did they finish this year.

Prior to the split according to TSSAA site the public/private schools % of Championships was close with the advantage going to private thanks to McCallies domination thru the 4 year stretch. It has now shifted to Baylor and Bradley. I'm sure Bradley would have one a few during the last 8 years. Some of the powers prior to the Split Overton. East Ridge in early 80's etc. It is an ever changing cycle with Baylor, McCallie, FR, SD and teams like Bradley always in the hunt. The main advantage of D-2 is that there coaches have been there for years. What's the old saying about" Strong and steady wins the race." I'm sure one of the wise folks on here will correct the saying.

Duals prior to split: Where's Baylor?

1997 John Overton Large

1996 Father Ryan Large

1995 Bradley Central Large

1994 Bradley Central Large

1993 McCallie Large

1992 McCallie Large

1991 McCallie Large

1990 McCallie Large

Traditional Tourney prior split:

1997 John Overton 173

1996 John Overton 188.5

1995 Red Bank 156

1994 Cleveland 136.5

1993 McCallie 184.5

1992 McCallie 183

1991 McCallie 236

1990 McCallie 220

1989 Franklin 134.5

1988 Father Ryan 128.5

1987 Father Ryan 97

1986 McCallie

jack%20webb.jpgTHE FACTS MA'AM, NOTHING BUT THE FACTS

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

wow talk about making the state a better wrestling state. the mere talk of his return should be fuel to fire up the boys around the state. i hope so atleast.

as for not wrestling d2, it was decision made by him so there were no more "cody cleveland incidents." It is tough to turn down a scholarship to Baylor or McCallie.

it was decision made by him so there were no more "cody cleveland incidents." It is tough to turn down a scholarship to Baylor or McCallie.

I bet the Clevelands would love to have all that money back that they didn't spend on tuition since Cody had one of those mythical "scholarships" that everyone who isn't at Baylor or McCallie thinks that everyone at Baylor and McCallie is getting. Amazing how this urbane myth perpetuates itself.