Steve Logsdon

CAM10

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure how much of what television's info is actually invalid rumors. I've been told by a couple of parents that they have received offers they couldn't deny or "refuse." I will say that one parent told me that his boy was also very talented in other areas and that helped get this opportunity, however. The other was primarily for wrestling, from what I understand, but maybe the gpa played into the equation as well.

Edited by Sommers

I'm not so sure how much of what television's info is actually invalid rumors. I've been told by a couple of parents that they have received offers they couldn't deny. I will say that one parent told me that his boy was also very talented in other areas and that helped though. The other was primarily for wrestling, but maybe the gpa played into the equation as well.

Oh, and does anyone know anything about two for one deals? I believe one can be in HS and the other in middle school, something like that.

I'm not trying to stir things up- BTW. I just don't like it when folks act like they know nothing about any tuition/housing support. We all know it exists and it is not always based on income either. ND, should we talk about any religious breaks in HS and College? I know BYU offers reduced tuition if you're Mormon and I've heard about Catholic support as well.

I say,,, forget it and move on. In the 70's, we had to wrestle Baylor, ND, Ryan and McCallie; we got a few big wins back when it was all together (even with Barbee, Watson, Potter and others lured away). We just tried that much harder to improve and be competitive.

Steve may surprise us one day, you never know. Domination against D1 foes will not surprise us and maybe not even against both D1 & D2, but just having the chance to experience this would. What a huge draw that would be. Big Mac or McKenzie may get some more wrestling dates.

Tanner Johnson is pure rumor.

I say...

"Let's Get Ready to Rumble!!"

Edited by Sommers

I'm not so sure how much of what television's info is actually invalid rumors. I've been told by a couple of parents that they have received offers they couldn't deny or "refuse." I will say that one parent told me that his boy was also very talented in other areas and that helped get this opportunity, however. The other was primarily for wrestling, from what I understand, but maybe the gpa played into the equation as well.

sommers, thankyou very much for your support. after all of the belittling i was beginning to question whether or not i seriously offended anyone, which was not my purpose. My purpose discussing on this thread was to discuss Steve Logsdon's return.

I am extremely excited about Coach Logsdon's return! His presence at the matches does wonders for his team, and hopefully, this will encourage others to work harder. My theory is that this will strengthen TN wrestlers. It saddens me to hear about TN wrestling reputation, because there are many with the potential but without the will to train HARD all summer. Now that the season has left us, it is time to see who has what it takes to put in the effort necessary to compete on a national level.

In 1982, the standard in this part of East Tennessee was Turner Jackson and Bradley Central and Al Miller and Cleveland. Finally with hard work and some luck, Karns was able to beat Turner and Bradley in 1984 and on that same day lost to lost to Al Miller. If I am not mistaken John Lennon had just graduated from Cleveland and Steve was a senior at Bradley. It will be great to see Steve back as head coach and it would be great if John were to become the head coach at Claveland.

Coaches like Turner, Steve L., Steve H., Jim Morgan, Gordon, Jeff J. and the Simpson brothers certainly contributed to my success at Karns. My record against that group probably was way less than even, but because we were trying to beat them we had a few state placers and at least one champion.

I may not agree with all of their philosophies, but I loved the competition. I for one, if I were still coaching would welcome Steve back and would work hard to compete with him.

WELCOME BACK STEVE.

Dan Dugger

In 1982, the standard in this part of East Tennessee was Turner Jackson and Bradley Central and Al Miller and Cleveland. Finally with hard work and some luck, Karns was able to beat Turner and Bradley in 1984 and on that same day lost to lost to Al Miller.

Close. If I remember right Steve won the state @ 165 his senior year and the first to do so for the Bears in 1983. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one legman & Co.

Toby wasnt in any of this. Logsdon was offered the job about 2 weeks ago and he turned it down and Chad himself wanted Steve to come back and yes in many ways you can say Bradley has 2 Head Coaches.

The part everyone needs to Understand is Steve Turned down alot of Money to Stay at Bradley Central. If more peoples blood ran Black and gold like Steves does maybe the world would be a better place :thumb:

Toby wasnt in any of this. Logsdon was offered the job about 2 weeks ago and he turned it down and Chad himself wanted Steve to come back and yes in many ways you can say Bradley has 2 Head Coaches.

The part everyone needs to Understand is Steve Turned down alot of Money to Stay at Bradley Central. If more peoples blood ran Black and gold like Steves does maybe the world would be a better place :huh:

Hey 2004

You need to check your sources. If you don't think Tobe is involved you are way behind. Check with the president of the football boosters. :thumb::lol: