Science Hill vs. Sullivan Central

hsbball4

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it will be an awesome game. Both times these 2 teams have met this season it has been a battle between Gabe and Omar, but i think the Cougars might be fired up enough to pull out the win. Both teams are very competitive and very fast. the Cougars need to make the Toppers play Cougar ball, we need to control the tempo of the game. Buchanan was unstoppable inside against DB and from what i have seen all season long no team can really guard Central's inside game or our outside shooting game, because if they foul us we are good from the line. We just need to make smart passes and draw fouls on their key players. Remember fans wear orange on Friday night to support our boys and cheer them on. Best of luck Cougars i know you all can do it!!!!!! :thumb:

I am a Science Hill fan who stayed and watched the DB-Central game last night and I must say that you guys have an amazing student section. I just wanted to give you props for all your support. Although we have some loyal fans at Science Hill, you would think that with a student population of our size we could bring a bigger section. Oh, well. Science Hill fans have newfound respect for Sullivan Central. Just wanted to wish both teams the best of luck on Friday night and may the best team win! Hopefully that best team will be SHHS!! :rolleyes:

Well it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row, and I know Sullivan Central will be bringing it. Should be another thriller!! We'll have a heck of a student sections again.

GO COUGARS!!!!!

Did anyone see the games Science Hill lost against South and D-B? If so, what things did those teams do to beat them? What contributed to South being able to beat them 70-64 a few weeks ago but then fall 64-42 in the tournament game?

I feel that if Central could play SH within 10 in their own house and South, Greeneville, and D-B could also beat them, they must have a chance. It's going to take an even better effort than against D-B, but I think the Cougars have it in them. I was there for the South/Science Hill game Tuesday and the Toppers looked fantastic. If they hadn't been trying to run the clock a fair amount, it could have been 75-42 or worse. The Toppers were swarming all over the court every time South had the ball and they got very few open shots.

Did anyone see the games Science Hill lost against South and D-B? If so, what things did those teams do to beat them? What contributed to South being able to beat them 70-64 a few weeks ago but then fall 64-42 in the tournament game?

I feel that if Central could play SH within 10 in their own house and South, Greeneville, and D-B could also beat them, they must have a chance. It's going to take an even better effort than against D-B, but I think the Cougars have it in them. I was there for the South/Science Hill game Tuesday and the Toppers looked fantastic. If they hadn't been trying to run the clock a fair amount, it could have been 75-42 or worse. The Toppers were swarming all over the court every time South had the ball and they got very few open shots.

South beat Science Hill in Dec not a few weeks ago. DB beat the Toppers a few weeks ago.

In my opionion (and it is an opinion) to beat Science Hill you have to handle the pressure game they like to play....full court press and swarming D almost like the 40 minutes of heck Arkansas used to play. At the topper palace DB got man handled by the early hot hands of Forney, Wattad and co and it snowballed. At the dome DB played more of a slow down game and settled down. you can't play there game...gotta play the way you did to get there

South beat Science Hill in Dec not a few weeks ago. DB beat the Toppers a few weeks ago.

In my opionion (and it is an opinion) to beat Science Hill you have to handle the pressure game they like to play....full court press and swarming D almost like the 40 minutes of heck Arkansas used to play. At the topper palace DB got man handled by the early hot hands of Forney, Wattad and co and it snowballed. At the dome DB played more of a slow down game and settled down. you can't play there game...gotta play the way you did to get there

i agree. like when Central play the Hill ealier in the season and the Cougars were winning by 10 with 4 minutes to go, we made them play our game. I'm not going to blame it on the refs because we did d some stupid stuff but the refs changed their entire style of officiating those last 4 minutes. They will pressure Hess and Weatherford when they try to shoot so if that isn't an option we need to work it inside to Buchanan and McCoy, because they are good inside, and Buchanan is either going to score or draw the foul and go to the line and score there. I don't think Wattad can guard him. i'm not taking anything away from science hill, they are a good team, but i think the Cougars are going to come to play and come out on top. Just make them play Cougar ball and you all will be victorious. Play head smart and know where everyone is on the court. Good Luck Cougars!!!!!!

i agree. like when Central play the Hill ealier in the season and the Cougars were winning by 10 with 4 minutes to go, we made them play our game. I'm not going to blame it on the refs because we did d some stupid stuff but the refs changed their entire style of officiating those last 4 minutes. They will pressure Hess and Weatherford when they try to shoot so if that isn't an option we need to work it inside to Buchanan and McCoy, because they are good inside, and Buchanan is either going to score or draw the foul and go to the line and score there. I don't think Wattad can guard him. i'm not taking anything away from science hill, they are a good team, but i think the Cougars are going to come to play and come out on top. Just make them play Cougar ball and you all will be victorious. Play head smart and know where everyone is on the court. Good Luck Cougars!!!!!!

I agree with you authority for the most part. But, its going to take more than getting the ball to Buchanan inside to win THIS game. Weatherford and Hess need to be on and McCoy needs to help Gabe in the post. If Dinkel can fight through the press and traps that Science Hill is so good at in the backcourt and get the offense set up Central has a good chance. If all 5 of Central's starters play like they have been Central will win this game.

Good Luck Cougars!!!!